Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give this mod 6/10 for a good effort

Default I give this mod 6/10 for a good effort

Impractical and stupid game design. for example there is veteran line infantry, regular line infantry, inexperienced line infantry etc etc etc instead of just militia + line infantry + ability to spend money on upgrading chevrons. Not to mention the fact that "unique" units like special regiments can be selected 4 (!) times instead of just one. This completely removes their special abilities, because they can be spammed.

The fact that the developers tried to be smart and used native names for each nation's units f.e. La garde de cheval for France instead of just horse guard. This game is in English, not in 5+ different languages.

Plenty of bugs like mute units (in NTW a unit shouted something when it was selected).

Unbalanced with stupid noob charges all over the place. If you don't put a reserve behind your lines then you will get noob-charged but if you do put reserves behind ur lines then your frontal line will get ass-raped by enemy muskets. So much for historical accuracy.

Also for some reason the world renowned Russian artillery has worse stats than French artillery + Russian artillery has higher numbers.. This is wrong. A Russian artillery unit should be cheaper and have same stats as a French one while having the same amount of guns. This is to compensate for the unrealistically bad Russian infantry.

Default Re: I give this mod 6/10 for a good effort

it's a multiplayer mod man ....... the campaign its not developed.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    Also for some reason the world renowned Russian artillery has worse stats than French artillery + Russian artillery has higher numbers.. This is wrong. A Russian artillery unit should be cheaper and have same stats as a French one while having the same amount of guns. This is to compensate for the unrealistically bad Russian infantry.
    This made lol really hard. Russians got their asses kicked by Napoleon. Only winter and lack of supplies made the French lose the invasion... Learn your history before commenting, mate!

Most of Napoleon's men were dead b4 the winter set in.

But yeh, Russians were 0wned really hard.. Yeah sure, I guess that's the reason the Russian army paraded thru Paris in 1814 and why a Parisian dish is named after the Russian word "faster!".

Well these statements are a lot more rude than they have to be. The only thing I can agree with you on is the native names for units, which I wish was optional. A lot of people, including me, enjoy this mod and appreciate that the modders are doing this all on their own free time. If you don't like the mod at least keep your criticisms a bit more polite, instead of calling the game design "stupid."

If you give this mod 6/10 what would you score vanilla?

Citizen

No they weren't.

But yeh, Russians were 0wned really hard.. Yeah sure, I guess that's the reason the Russian army paraded thru Paris in 1814 and why a Parisian dish is named after the Russian word "faster!".
    And they did that all by themselves of course. Take your nationalistic garbage elsewhere please. Nobody wants to hear it. You have the right to criticize the mod but at least have some damn decency and respect. You're rude and arrogant and have nothing to show for yourself in terms of modding work, content work or anything else that would make me take you seriously.

Obvious troll is obvious people. Move along now.

Unbalanced with stupid noob charges all over the place.
    If you think 1.0 are good for noob charges, you should have played when the Ottomans were just overhauled during the beta. Those noob charges made Fullin nerf them to hell and back.

This completely removes their special abilities, because they can be spammed.
    Ever noticed that armies that spam elites tend to be utterly crap in other areas? Look at the recent N vs Grognards 3v3 tournament battle. Veteran and elites were out shot by normal lines.

instead of just militia + line infantry + ability to spend money on upgrading chevrons
    How often do you see people upgrading militia to the point that they had better melee stats than line infantry?

Fullin, can you make the Russians the equivalent of Lord of the Rings' Army of the Dead?

Impractical and stupid game design. for example there is veteran line infantry, regular line infantry, inexperienced line infantry etc etc etc instead of just militia + line infantry + ability to spend money on upgrading chevrons. Not to mention the fact that "unique" units like special regiments can be selected 4 (!) times instead of just one. This completely removes their special abilities, because they can be spammed.

The fact that the developers tried to be smart and used native names for each nation's units f.e. La garde de cheval for France instead of just horse guard. This game is in English, not in 5+ different languages.

Plenty of bugs like mute units (in NTW a unit shouted something when it was selected).

Unbalanced with stupid noob charges all over the place. If you don't put a reserve behind your lines then you will get noob-charged but if you do put reserves behind ur lines then your frontal line will get ass-raped by enemy muskets. So much for historical accuracy.

1/ the game design was made by CA so gripe at them, we altered a few aspects but not the game design

2/ veterans, regular and conscript were made to replace chevrons so people like you do not take a militia and upgrade it to old guard status. if you don't like it, play another mod.

3/ even napoleonic dummies know the difference between a battalion and a regiment. Since regiments had typically 4-6 battalions and our mod is battalion based then it makes sense to take 4-6 of the same special unit.

4/ Your game is in english, others have it in french, german or any other language. since our fan base is spread across europe we made this choice of putting units in their native language.

5/ it is no bug, we removed the unit sounds where they acknowledge commands because when units are added, the units sound order is altered and they start responding with wrong things like old guard thinking they are foot guard.

6/ you think is unbalanced because your vanilla noob tactics don't work. The game works pretty well for us when played with napoleonic tactics, with reserves that are not close enough to the first line to where they shoot from behind them killing the front line. This is an example of bad design by CA that is out of our control.

7/ finally your information about russian artillery is misguided. It is common knowledge that the french had the best artillery and artillery tactics which is why in battles like borodino, although outnumbered by russian artillery they outperformed it.

Next time maybe you should get a clue before behaving like a clueless jerk.

Lord VC
    Emperor of Napoleonics www.Napoleonics.net
    The Lordz are recruiting; Click on signature for details

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Von_Clausewitz View Post
    1/ the game design was made by CA so gripe at them, we altered a few aspects but not the game design

2/ veterans, regular and conscript were made to replace chevrons so people like you do not take a militia and upgrade it to old guard status. if you don't like it, play another mod.

3/ even napoleonic dummies know the difference between a battalion and a regiment. Since regiments had typically 4-6 battalions and our mod is battalion based then it makes sense to take 4-6 of the same special unit.

4/ Your game is in english, others have it in french, german or any other language. since our fan base is spread across europe we made this choice of putting units in their native language.

5/ it is no bug, we removed the unit sounds where they acknowledge commands because when units are added, the units sound order is altered and they start responding with wrong things like old guard thinking they are foot guard.

6/ you think is unbalanced because your vanilla noob tactics don't work. The game works pretty well for us when played with napoleonic tactics, with reserves that are not close enough to the first line to where they shoot from behind them killing the front line. This is an example of bad design by CA that is out of our control.

7/ finally your information about russian artillery is misguided. It is common knowledge that the french had the best artillery and artillery tactics which is why in battles like borodino, although outnumbered by russian artillery they outperformed it.

Next time maybe you should get a clue before behaving like a clueless jerk.

Lord VC
    This.

6 out of 10 WOW

Thank you , we appreciate your feedback.
    We were anxiously waiting for your opinion.

Foederatus

I give this TROLL 6/10 for a good effort.

Beale?

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    No they weren't.
    The Russian winter was the nail in the coffin, I'd hate to agree with him on anything since the mod excellent, I'd love to be able to better use it but I can't find any games, but the French suffered heavily from the Russian summer as well as the Russian winter, Napoleon marched into russia with approximately 450,000 men, when he reached Borodine her had 130,000 when he reached Moscow 95,000, whilst the relative percentage of casualties was way smaller, the number was far higher.

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

well the musket for some reason in this game looks like it "falls" out of the musket rather then fired :/
    but Nikitn, which army were u using? cause Ottomans and Britain not finished yet...
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoRossolini View Post
    The Russian winter was the nail in the coffin, I'd hate to agree with him on anything since the mod excellent, I'd love to be able to better use it but I can't find any games, but the French suffered heavily from the Russian summer as well as the Russian winter, Napoleon marched into russia with approximately 450,000 men, when he reached Borodine her had 130,000 when he reached Moscow 95,000, whilst the relative percentage of casualties was way smaller, the number was far higher.
    I think you guys should read the memoirs of general Armand de caulaincourt, the master of horse of Napoleon who never left his side during the russian campaign. It is called " with napoleon in Russia".

Napoleon eager to bring about a fast and decisive victory almost forced marched his way to moscow which did not give time for the army to forage and get supplies as needed.
    Also cavalry was pushed to the limit in pointless pursuits which severely handicapped it in the rest of the campaign. The french lost because of lack of horses somewhat even more than the russian winter.

Do not be fooled by mere numbers stated of how many entered moscow or where at borodino. You forget that towns along the way had to be garrisoned, not all the army was present at borodino or entered moscow.

Until borodino the french army was exhausted but casualties were few. Borodino was a massacre on both sides with a lot of casualties. Then compile the french lack of horses with a brutal winter and you get the rest of the story.

Lord VC

I am really interested to see where you get your info. The kremlin commissar approved history books section?

Are you implying that the russians beat the french on their own?
    After the disaster of the russian campaign (where the russians could not beat a starved, horseless, freezing, depleted and demoralized army under napoleon in a straight up battle which allowed him to save a small part of it), napoleon beat the russians and prussians in the campaign of 1813 in germany with a green army.

It was not until austria joined the lot, along with sweden and other german city states that they mustered the force to beat the french.

What you said is like someone saying De Gaulle beat the nazis because free french forces walked into paris first forgetting that without the americans, the british and battles on the eastern front, none of that would have happened.

Lord VC

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Von_Clausewitz View Post
    I am really interested to see where you get your info. The kremlin commissar approved history books section?

Are you implying that the russians beat the french on their own?
    After the disaster of the russian campaign (where the russians could not beat a starved, horseless, freezing, depleted and demoralized army under napoleon in a straight up battle which allowed him to save a small part of it), napoleon beat the russians and prussians in the campaign of 1813 in germany with a green army.

It was not until austria joined the lot, along with sweden and other german city states that they mustered the force to beat the french.

What you said is like someone saying De Gaulle beat the nazis because free french forces walked into paris first forgetting that without the americans, the british and battles on the eastern front, none of that would have happened.

Lord VC
    Exactly. That guy is just extremely biased and shouldn't comment on such a wonderul and historical mod if he doesn't know jack about history.

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

i think we should talk to him and see what the problems are with the current system....
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

VC, mate, I honestly had great respect for the old Lordz, the devs of NTW2. You ed the game up.

No. The game design is stupid. You are making lots and lots of units that are redundant and unnecessary. Merely upgrading militia to line infantry status would and definitely should be possible - except it would not be economic. I already mentioned the massive pointlessness of allowing """unique""" regiments to be spammed. nobody gives a f* if the base unit is a battalion or regiment.

Please don't post rubbish about some "kremlin propaganda" - take that frustration elsewhere. Napoleon lost 95% of his army in Russia + the Russians pushed Napoleon to central Germany. It can safely be said that the Russians were the main reason for the defeat of Napoleon. ANd it can also be said that the Russian artillery was one of the best in the Napoleonic war, but in-game they are of worse quality than the British?? :? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast