Thread: The childern of the desert! A Khwarezm AAR!

Laetus

Default The childern of the desert! A Khwarezm AAR!

Chapter I: The children of the desert

Muhammad could not complain about the heat. Once he said that the Kwarezm Shah was born from the desert, it was born from nothing, it had nothing, and soon according to the prince’s prophesies will have everything and tath the persians are sons of the desert, born from the heat and hatched from the sand. The heat gives him power. But his heavy armour made him impatient. He was sweating and was nervous. When the troops were asembled the attack worder came imediatly. They marched to the walls carying the huge siege acuipment. The infantry was made out of light persian spearmen, armed with a no more than a sharpend stick and a shield. The main piece of resistance was the heavy Tajik militia recruited and trained in the great city Urgench.
    Ecuiped with lamelar armour, a sharpend schimtar and a small shield, they were perfect for enemy wals. The defenders started firing fire arrowns. „It looks like the sun is spiting on us!”
    tought Muhammad to himself.
    As he stood away from the enemy stelement, the two armies started a bloody fight on the walls. For the moment it seemed that the defenders were winnging. The attackers on the left wall were makings ome progress, but it was barley noticable.

The good news came when the gates were destroyed and some spearmen rushed inside to kill the defenders.
    „ Men! Lower your spears! We’re going in! Allahu Akbar”, said Muhammad
    „ Allahu Akbar!” said his cavalry as they charged trough the gates routing the enemy spearmen.. They advanced to the cenetr of the city.
    The only resistance they encounter was Kalijar’s cavalry. Amy minutes they fought on the streets, as the sun wiped them with his heart. The troops were melting inside their armour. Dor a moment, the prince envyed his light troops, after seeing how quicley were killed by arrows and speras, he quickly changed his idea. The sand was hot, the air was hot, their weapons and armours were hot. It was an orgy of blood, heat and meat. The enemy cavalry fought valiantly to the last men.
    The enemys trappeed on their own walls wavered in fear and were slained one by one by the persian spearmen, as thei tried to reach the center.
    When the last enemy troops surendered, the pribce could finally take his helmet of.Similing, he looked at the city bathe in blood and filled with bodyes, he just conquered.
    „ This province and the beautiful city of Merv will be a great adition to our Shah! Said Muhammad. Regoice, you how were conquered, because you’ll soon be a part of the greatest empire, the world has seen!”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Feedback always welcomed

Default Re: The childern of the desert! A Khwarezm AAR!

Keep up the good work, always good to read BC AAR. +rep
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Great to see a new AAR! Great pictures and the story isn't bad. And it's Khwarezmian AAR...

Under the patronage of m_1512

Laetus

Thanks for the coments Here's a new chapter. Hope you like it

Chapter two: The prophecy

Uzlakh wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. He was shivering and sweating and the fear grow inside him as the memory of his nightmare is making it’s way trough his mind. “It was a sign from Allah?”, thinks little Uzlakh as he tries to calm down. ”With what demon I was cursed to dream such thins?”.
    The doors opens and Uzlakh hides behind the covertures keeping only half of his head out to see who entered. It was a women: his nurse! Uzlakh started crying as the women took him in her arms and slowly pad his head trying to calm him down. After, his mother came in. She was worried and rushed to her son:
    “ Uzlakh! Uzlakh! What happened?”
    Trough tears and hiccups Uzlakh said just a few words:
    “ A storm! Horses, kingdoms trembled beneath their horses, arrows, arrows that spring death, warriors that bring fear! A storm, like a chain, from the north! Every link is strong and the chain will strangle us, mother! I saw you dead, and I was dead, and my father was dead. Our kingdom was burning, the hole world was shaken…
    Uzlakh started crying again in his mothers arms. The two women look at each other, worried about the boys dream.

The sun was setting when the two leaders: Jelaluddin, brother of Muhammad and son of the Shah, and Arslan, king in Baklh. They met in the Khwarezmian camp, in the prince’s tent.
    “ Lovely town you have, Agha Arslan! And because it’s so beautiful my Shah is worried that it will fall on the wrong hand, like for instance the Ghazni Sultanate who is eager to take your lands and enslave your people. And so my leader is offering you his protection, if you swear loyalty and obedience to him. We Persians must stay unite, in front of the many dangers we will encounter! Of course, there is the chance that the Shah will appoint you governor. What is your answer?”
    “ With all do respect, my prince, I see little difference in putting your crown on my head or the Ghazni’s one. I see no difference between the slavery my people will endure under your rule and the one that will endure under the Ghazni. My armies are waiting eagerly to fight for their freedom. Yes I do think the Persians must stay unite, but we do not want this unity. We are doing fine on our own!”
    The prince smiles: “I see your troops up on those walls. Many of them are young, many have families, I think. It will be such a shame to make so many orphans and widows. Could your conscious bear all this before I kill you, Arslan? Can you endure the screaming of the women, the crying of the children for their dead fathers?”
    “ But can you endure it, my prince?”
    “ I see you live me no choice! I shall wait as long as it takes, to see you crawling back to me. I shall starve your city and wait for you and your men to beg for death, to escape the pains of hunger and thirst! Good day!”
    Arslan left the prince tent with pride although Jelaluddin could see his fists shaking. The prince ordered some of his men to go to the nearby villagers and plunder them. Something told him it will be a long siege. And so it was. Almost a year had past. The food ration were day by day lower, for Jelaluddin, but the defenders didn’t had any bread or water left. So in a hot morning, the prince’s mounted archers saw the gates opening. The hole army was cheering, thinking that the defenders are surrendering. They had a surprise when they saw armed men marching out of the city.
    “Quick! On your horses! Grab your bows!” ordered Jelaluddin.
    The mounted archers were ready in a second. They started firing one volley after another at the incoming spearmen.
    Arslan’s troops were weekend by starvation and very disorientated. They had no chance against the swift Persian horse archers.
    Jelaluddin ordered his horseman to split in two, trapping the enemy in the center. At one sign of the prince the two sides charged at the spearmen and archers in the middle.
    It was the end of the battle. Jelaluddin saw Arslan as he tried to run away. He followed him screaming “ come back, and fight me! Let me show you the difference between us and the Ghazni!” He fired an arrow and hit Arslan in the back. He fell out his horse and died with the face in the desert’s sand, but not before hearing the screaming of the widows and the crying of the orphans.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

nice AAR

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Nice AAR. The line - It was an orgy of blood, heat and meat - Very Tarantino
    CAKE OR DEATH?
    So... Jimi Hendrix was a Cylon? I just don't understand..

Quote Originally Posted by borysik View Post
    Nice AAR. The line - It was an orgy of blood, heat and meat - Very Tarantino
    Yeah, I like that too. And the update, of course.

Laetus

Chapter III: - A new start

The sky fills with grim and the sun turns dark. No wind is blowing. The animals are quiet and the snakes and reptiles hided in the ground to mourn. Not even the desert dares to disturb the silence. The cortege is leaving the town trough the south gate. The coffin is held by the shah’s former bodyguards. The Imans are praying to Allah that their Shah will be accepted in Paradise. The Shah’s family follows the coffin. Muhammad and Jelauddin had just returned after their victories. They are followed by the soldiers, how have a grim look on their face. Last there is the mob. After the sultan is buried, the sky turns once again blue, the birds start to sing, the wind is blowing and the sun shines on Muhhamad. His brother, tells him:
    “Oh, dear brother, how hard it must bee to carry the sun on your shoulders!”
    A new Shah. A new start. Wine ran in rivers. The hole country was singing. Now their fate is lying on the hard shoulders of Muhammad.

“We have to attack! The armies resource of food and patience are running low. But, no, the Shah says that we must resist! How much? It has been a year. My eyes are bleeding when I look at those walls. My mind is twisting when I look at the ram. I would drag it myself with the teeth to the gates if I could go home, only for a day. I need to see my wife, my children! I don’t know who we are anymore: the besiegers or the besieged? “ Tough Omar looking at his sword. Such a nice blade. He polished it every day. His body is a temple. And those who enter must whip their foot first! But when will this blade enter his heart? Not even his own hand, not even his own sword would free him from this misery. He gazed at the fire with the sword in his hand. Another sleepless night. He looked at the town. He saw a sentinel on the gate watchtower.
    “Stubborn fools! I will piss on their graves!”, tought Omar as he tried to sleep.
    A loud crack coming from the gate woke up Omar. He saw another soldier trying to wake him up:
    “ Wake up, you fool! They are attacking!”
    Omar’s hand grabbed the sword near him, his legs pushed him up and he advanced to the firs line. He was the last member of the Tajik Urban Militia who fought at Merv. And now he’s seeing the gates of Tus opening. For him and other men, those were the gates of freedom.
    The enemy cavalry charge the spear wall.
    Omar rushed screaming at an enemy with the sword above his head. The blade penetrated deeply the horseman’s head. The Shah and the Khwarezmian cavalry charged the enemy’s missile infantry. Their lances hit the enemy like thunderbolts, killing many and routing the survivors who kneed with their faces in the sand begging forgiveness.

Omar was sweating and his legs were shivering. Something is pulling him down.
    When he looks at his chest he understands: his armor is bleeding. Omar lays down. With the face in the sand he speaks to his armor:
    “You, who have protected me like a mother, don’t leave me here alone. Take me with you, free me from my worthless flesh and bones, who don’t deserve you!”
    But his armor responds:
    “Omar, my sweet childe, why do you want so much this freedom death offers you? Do you think that you could resist a hole eternity whiteout the wind cooling your face in the morning, whiteout the lips of your wife touching yours at night, whiteout the red wine you pour down your troth, whiteout hearing your children laughs and whiteout the blood and your heart pumping hard when the battle starts? You lie, Omar! You have the freedom that your body and mind grants you! Now breath Omar, open your eyes, and see another victory!”

Thank you for your comments. :d And sorry for the lack of updates. I was busy.... doing... stuff.
    Tarantino is one of my favorites movie directors. Guess all that Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill had some influences over my wrriting)

Laetus

Oh, i alomst forgot! How can you make the green traingles under the unites and the magical flying flags dispaer? Thei're ruining my screenshots!

Just hit 'enter' during pause, it will unmark the unit you've chosen to command earlier. Or, you can go into bc.cfg, find 'disable_arrow_markers = 0' line and change '0' to '1' - you will permanently remove arrow markers from the battle (an unit you'll choose to command on the battlefield won't be highlighted anymore, until you change '1' to '0').

Bohun's Avatar Civis

As Borat said I like it, it is nice For now it`s looks like a good rebels owning. Keep it good work.

I love this AAR, great work!

Laetus

Just a quick update. Tomorrow I'm going on bike to another city, so I'm posting this today! hope you like it! Oh and it has no pictures. I had no time to write about a battle. And for those who only look at the screenshoots, I apologize. Oh, and thank you everyone for the feedback!

Chapter IV: The Desert Keepers

Uzlakh dream hunted him for years. The invasion from the north, from beyond the desert appeared more horrifying to him every night. He soon realized it was a sign from Allah and so he started warning many Khareymian nobles including the Shah, his father, about the hordes that will destroy their kingdom. One day, when he was fourteen he said to his father:
    “ We must protect the Northern border! Or at least send some scouts!”
    “There is nothing coming from there. There is nothing to come from there. Nothing that great! The Kara Khitai won’t attack us! And no tribe is strong enough to pass them and reach us!”
    “ No, not the Kara Khitai will attack us! I heard the name of Great Khan and I saw all the tribes united…”
    “ That’s impossible! I know well the Mongols, they hate each other, they are a horde of unwashed four legs demons! Who can they be strong enough to defeat us? Now, go, you are tiring me with your childish dreams!”
    Now, two years later, the dreams didn’t stopped. As always he was walking trough the streets of Urgench disguised as a normal childe. This way he could observe people on their natural behavior. He rarely saw kindness. But in time he understood that evil is the mask of good. As he reached the crowded and noisy bazzar a man grabbed him by the shoulders. Uzlakh turned and raised his fists, ready to fight. The stranger smiled and whispered:
    “Don’t be afraid your majesty! We need you! Just follow me, please”
    The strangers words calmed down the prince, and he followed the stranger trough a dark alley. The man pushed him trough a door in a run down house. The door was quickly closed. Uzlakh was standing in front of three men, not knowing what is going on. The only light was slowly finding his way into the room trough the only window on the left wall. The three men balled to the prince and the tallest one, how has a large scar on his face and a short beard began to talk:
    “Don’t be afraid, my prince! We are the only one how believe your dreams! You are a prophet, to us and maybe the savior of the Kharezm Shah ! Our organization, which is called the Desert Keepers, has been founded ten years before you were born. We make sure that the Kara Khitai threat will be forever vanquished!”
    “ No, you are mistaken!” yield Uzlakh.
    “ What do you mean?” said the man how brought Uzlakh to the run down house.
    “ The Kara Khitai will not invade us! All the Mongol tribes will be united under a banner, under a Khan, the Great Khan as in my dreams!”
    The three men looked suspicious at their prophet. One of them, the only one who did not spoke, said to the prince:
    “ We believe you.”
    Uzlakh was surprised. The old man continued talking:
    “ I had a feeling that the Kara Khitais weren’t strong enough to invade us. Oh, I wish I was right. We have a greater challenge now. I know the Mongols. The Shah and many nobles subestimate them. But I saw them fight. They are rough warrior who lived most of their life on horses wilding the bow and the sword. United, they can be a danger that no man could imagine. We must unite! My name is Al Din, and I’m the leader of the Desert Keepers. Those are Nasr, the one who brought you here and Khisrau. We are just a small part of the organization. We have functionaries infiltrated everywhere, but you are of a great importance to us because you are of noble blood and you can excert a highly influence when you'll grow up. And one more thing before you go: keep the secret, don’t tell no one, but no one about us. Not even the Shah knows of our existence! Now go with Allah, my prince, and remember: you are not alone, you a\have friends who will give their life for you! When time comes, you will here from us again!”
    Uzlakh went out trough the door. He was confused but at least he knew one thing: he had friends.

Rising action!

Add the part when the Mongols finally invade....That is if the AAR reaches that point!!!!!

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianWarLord View Post
    Add the part when the Mongols finally invade....That is if the AAR reaches that point!!!!!
    I'm afraid that this AAR is dead. It hasn't been updated since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantineCaesar View Post
    I'm afraid that this AAR is dead. It hasn't been updated since 2009
    Rats ....Oh well, thanks anyway

nice!