Thread: Ultras Thread

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default Ultras Thread

Overview: I am creating this thread as a kind of melting pot for whats going on in all my campaigns. i have many saved games of factions that i actively play, and am simply going to tell whats going on in a mish mash of story crossed with text. im making this moslty for my own enjoyment, theres nothing like sitting back and looking at all your progress and being proud of your achievement. a few of my campaigns are fairly advanced in turns already so wont have much details on exactly step by step how things went from turn one, but you will get the idea of my overall strategys. FYI gameplay is on M/M with assasins off. i wil continuously update this thread using the edit button, so you probably wont see this thread in bold on the forums if new stuff is added, so keep a eye out.

EDIT: just managed to get screenshots working, will up screenshots of the campaigns from now on....

Averland

'My lord! My lord! important news!' shouts the adviser to the grand governer of averland...
    'I have terrible news this day! we have many reports, 1st of your concerns is the advancment of the orcs in the south - south east of your realm, the people are being butchered and battered for the enjoyment of these feral beasts! the emperor also reports of grander schemes in the wider world the undead rise from their graves -(Altered beast ala sega anyone?)- and seek dominion over the living, the dwarves march and the fools in the borders stir to battle once more. even greater trouble my lord - there are great reports that the forces of Chaos are mustering, tales from madmen, once powerful warriors reduced to nothing but rambling nutjobs, talk in there hundreds of the daemons once more gathered in that land. my lord! what shall we do!?'

'HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME -MY LORD- YOU IDIOT!' shouts the governer.. 'do you want the rabble to hear the heir to the governance of Averland grovel around wailing and crying about some pea brained green air wave or about some rusted bags of old bones on legs?. FOOL!... back to the point, my stupid goblin-wannabe son... order the armys to be outfitted and ready to march, i feel i have a loong few years ahead of us after that news. AND I DONT MEAN ASK THE CHEF FOR SOME EXTRA FOOD FOR THE CASTLE GARRISON ONLY! last time i asked you to muster the men all we had was 400 extremely welll fed fatheads defending against a few thousand goblins, what a joke that defence was! thank god goblins have smaller brains than you!'

And so it was that the armys of averland marched, and eat, and the smiths rang, and the fires sang with the roasting of boar, and the women cried for the loss of there men... o wait i forgot, the women AND the heir to the throne cried for the loss of their men in the times to come....

Turns so far: 29

i started the campaign off by getting the poofy faction heir and the leader together in one army at the start then marched on wolfsbach(an beastman occupied city) north of the capital in the 1st turn, and i took it in the second turn. i happily lost my faction heir in the same battle. this is how that event came to pass...

'FOR AVERLAND, FOR THE EMPIRE!! CHARGE EVRY MAN INTO THE SQUARE! EVERY BODY COUNTS AGAINST THIS FOUL EXCUSE FOR INTELLIGENT LIFE!' .. shouted the mighty faction leader bellowing from atop his golden horse laurels flashing in the light of the sky making the man even larger than life. his mace dropping in time to a rytham of war that only he and the dead underneath his magnificent steeds hoofs could hear.

'FOR AVERLAND AND FOR THE COOK ! (angry look from father) *AHEM* I MEAN THE EMPIRE!' shouted the fat and titchy heir, straining the straps on his armour clearly more suited for a leaner figure, the enchanted laurels atop his head doing little to make him a beacon of light on the field of battle. thinking to himself, the podgy heir thought that since this was the greatest battle he had ever been in, actually thinking twice he realised the only battle, he was going to do his father proud and join the fight in the center! he had heard these beastmen had great stocks of boars and deers and all kinds of meats and thinking such divine thoughts he croakily shouted alrite men lets stick it to em! CHARGE! FOR THE COOK! *AHEM* AND THE EMPIRE!'

'IDIOT! shouted his father! but to no avail, the din of war was over the field and his shouts fell on deaf ears, covered by a helmet 2 sizes too small. what a fool! he couldnt even kill a deer without pissing himself last month, here today he will meet his end! my o my will the crows havea feast when they see his body... i shall make extra preparations for more guards to stave off the wretched beasts after this is done...' right he was the mighty leader of men, the heir to the throne doth saw a mighty -UNGOR- and pissed himself and in his moment of weakbladderness he did get poked by a un-epic stick with ragged pointy thing on the end and he died... shouting for the one last drizzle of pig fat from the cooks cauldron.. and so passed the heir of averland fat as he was he will be missed.. his troops went on to become the greatest chefs and highly sought aqfter in noble houses accros the empire, proud of their stand with the son of the governor of averland''
    HEROIC victory and another settlement in my hands....

i went on to hire the pike and xbow mercs in the next turn, took out potting in the north, and then had a crusade called by me on the city with the green warpstones in its region.

heroically the men fought on in the outskirts of the town, the great leader of averland in his golden armour striding alongside them whirring them on to greater acts of courage and worthiness, alongisde their brother allies from the governance of the empire. but again o woe betide another tragedy befell the governor for yet another faction heir fell to the workings of chaos, heroically slain by a marauder axeman, his elite unit pushed on to claim 100 lives more for their lost commander the rage of sigmar himself in their veins.

with the help of my allies i took the city after some hard fighting, the faction heir being a elite pike unit was in the thick of it when a few axemen suicided their unit to take him out, with a epic crushing of opposition on the town center. a heroic and yet costly victory for all armies of the empire.

at the same time i had built a second army based around roderigo and his steam tanks, and crushed the orc incursion into averland territory, and took a further 2 settlements. then i marched north and took the elven ruins castle near wurtbad, garrisoned it, and marched 2 regions north and took a beastman temple which was hence named smallhof, after the the tiny halfling that shot down the 5 star massive beastman general in a single shot. epic indeed. at this point the leader of this army, a man named 'becker' after his father business (beckers beer is a great brand in averland) had 9 stars and maxed loyalty.

at about that turn another crusade was called this time expected, and on drakenhof.

'"Another Crusade?" says the mighty governor of averland, now called the saint of averland by friend and foe alike, " by sigmar!" crashing down his fists on a already cracking table, " where in the old world am i going to get troops for this blasted incursion? raise them from the dead like those clever von carstein bastards? and another blasted heir to my throne thats NOT stupid enough or blood crazy enough to get himself smashed to bits on the feild? these funerals are costing quite a bit!"
    at this moment a herald tumbles through the door, clearly ragged and tired form his run to the keep, " My lord! 10,000 men are outside the gates to the city! they request that you lead them on a crusade against the undead!" "O FOR SIGMARS SAKE! i thought i got out of this crusading mess, blithering fools! why dont they go bother the emperor in his pompous castle and his poofy servants!?" " but my lord... they insist they wont take a lesser man to lead them to battle.." "they said that?" said the governor, clearly pleased with being referenced as being a better man then the emperor himself, " they did sire, along with stating the fact that the emperor has decred that by his orders you are to lead the armies, as fighting undead is beneath his status.." "WHAT!? POMPOUS CHAOS LOVING BASTARD! GODS BE DAMNED IF I COULD FIND A CAPABLE DIPLOMAT ID HAVE THE ARMIES MARCH ON HIS CASTLE MYSELF! well... get the armies ready fastnoob, i supose theres no time to waste"

and with that the armies marched on a underdefended garrison in drakenhof, apparently the von carstein in charge there had a cold and didnt feel like ressing anyone that day, not to mention that it wa quite sunny outside, who would want to raise a beautifully dead army in the blasted sunshine?

Triumph for the governor of averland, and a faction heir that actually survived a major battle...

the governor is also at this moment putting in a plan of religious action against the poofy border princes and thre fancy clothes, he has 10 priests and 4 spys in that region causing continued revolt there, and a army poised for the moment to take the rebel settlement and then prepare a mighty defence as the useless and poofy border princes musters a attack.

and thats all for now on averland folks.

to be continued....
    Last edited by Ultra123; September 02, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Default Re: Ultras Thread

Tzeentch - The Winds Of change

I am Melekh, Chosen of the great God entity Tzeentch. I have been bestowed by a vision, a dream, another reality. the winds of change speaks to me and i listen and obey. the great one tells me that he wants to become the greatest chaos lord of all, a mighty god of gods, and that he has chosen me to be his champion. He orders that my armys march on the mortal world, encroaching, changing, destroying, altering the mortal plane beyond recognition. But first lies the task of defeating the other gods of anarchy, those who have similar but flawed ambitions and uniting the forces of Chaos under one banner the banner of death. It will not be easy, but it is a worthy task of a great leader, a leader of men, of daemons, conqueror of the mortal world. This is my story.

Turns So Far: 58

my chosen faction for chaos. loved the start position, looked challenging and i wasnt to be disappointed. a very long and slow expansion campaign indeed, 55 turns in and the map hasnt changed colour too much compared to other factions like the empire or sylvania where you expand rather fast.

The wastes have been busy for weeks, there have been many reports from the worthless marauders and common rabble that the armys of father nurgle is mobilising. they shiver in their boots at the thought of the fat ones marching on us. Fools they are, i have already foreseen through my God and idol that the nurgling forces are busy fighting Slaanesh, and a unexpected landing of elves in their territory has spiced things up. I intend to take advantage of the situation, smash father nurgle where it hurts decisivly and immediatly. i will take the citadel of decay, and what will nurgle use then to fight the might of tzeentch, useless rabble rousers? bah! within a few years, the fat ones will bow to me and recognise tzeencth as the true power of chaos! and so it begins... fate stirs... to battle... to battle once again.....

i gathered my forces together from turn one, took Tahmak north east of the citadel and then marched west for the Citadel of Decay, the plan was to swipe nurgles elite training center from under him leaving him as easy pickings, all the while holding off against khorne. little did i know that i have a nasty few surprises along the way.

We hit them hard. the citadel fell and Tzeentch wept with the pleasure of the change wrought on the minds of the nurglings, for now they bowed before him. it was pleasure for us indeed to fight fellow chaos brethren, worthy of our maces and of our blessings. But that was not the end. Little did we know that the small landing of elves had turned into a full scale elven invasion, we had reports flooding from across the wastes that the nurglings were utterly crushed, the elves had taken 3 ful sized manling settlements, and a 4th deep in slaanesh territory was discovered by a priest of Tzeentch on a mission to destroy a human heretic preaching in the name of 'sigmar' a foolish man that dared invoke the wrath of chaos. i did not believe the reports. elves? in full force with 2 full armys and in huge force directly in the chaos wastes? no wonder the energy and synergy of the winds of changed flowed through me as neve before the changes these elves brought with them made me shiver with pleasure. We wil take tzeentch's thanks to them, and sacrifice thier puny bodys to his daemons.

i made a full elite stack of my best available troops and faction leader and heir, and marched on the nearest settlement, after a insane fight HUGE losses on both sides i took the settlement, with great cost, i lost practically all of the army save the bodyguards. i had a turn or two defending against elven attacks on that settlment and then i mustered lesser men and marched on the last 2 now underdefended settlements, taking them both but still at high cost to my troops.

Hah! Tzeentch has prevailed one more over the so called 'lords of the earth' and bludgeoned them from the wastes! but fate was unkind to us as little did we know that both khorne (who had been pretty quite until now) and Slaanesh (who i had all but forgotten about, looks like they developed in there corner with no enemys except me bordering them) had been pretty busy mustering men from the wastes and blessing them with various gifts from the gods tp strengthen them up, our forces thinly spread lost a settlement to a overpowering force of daemons from Slaanesh, the general i appointed in charge of that part of my domain stumbled alone into my camp, broken mace in his hand he stood outside the gates motionless and still. i was told and i went to see for myself. i ordered one of my men to go over to him and remove his helm, for all i knew this could be a imposter. the helm removed, it revealed a most stunning face beautiful beyond imagination, so stunning that the man ordered to remove his helm fell on his knees at the sight. I, resolute as always and first among men, ordered the being to name himself, and he did - > " i am Slaanesh, God of beauty and pleasure, and i am here to seek your redemption. Join me great champion of chaos, join my forces turn away from Tzeentch for he is a God of nothing, do you not see the manifestation of slaanesh the beauty i can give you, the power .. the glory!" i thought long and hard about the proposition, but i realised what this deamon wanted, was for a easy surrender of Tzeentchian forces. this belayed to me that Slaanesh must be in dire straights, as if his forces had the power to fight me more then surely we would meet on the field of battle and not in my camp on my territory. " never honoured enemy, i will crush your puny resistance and force your men under my banner. Tzeentch will rule your lands Slaanesh if it is truly you, bow to Tzeentch now, for soon i will break your knees and force you to it." and with that a mighty scream emerged from the being, the lesser mortals around me screamed in agony on their knees, some bleeding profusly from the ears, and it simply disappeared. " HERALD! TO MY SIDE! NOW!" "yes my lord?" " Prepare the army to march to the shore, tomorow we dine in Slaaneshs fine palace."

after hard fighting against slaanesh where we practically continualy cancelled each other out, we had a epic fight at the beginning of it, my elite full stack against a elite slaanesh full stack one on one and on flat ground, and gained me a victory at the cost of the army and the heir to power. but seemingly no end to the Khorne invasions in the east, i was at a stalemate. i was at pains to attack khorne now, slaanesh was consderably weaker,and i seemed able to hold out well against the tide of red. i took the desicion to take what militia i had spare, essentially what was left of my standing army, on to the ships and sailed around to smack slaanesh in 3 turns time, again taking him out from behind ala nurgle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It was raining, yet it was summer. clearly Tzeentch was with us this day. we have wiped the Slaanesh center of command off the map. we wil rest here and destroy any attempts to take it back, then we march. we will mop up the foolish resistance forces and then al thats left in the way of Tzeentch domination is Khorne. thus far victory has come at great cost and the winds of change have brought many twists and turns to my campaign of dominance. our advance has been slow, but the 1st victory of the age is in sight, the union of chaos. and then finally the destruction of the mortal world beckons.... the winds stir, our armys march... fat people at square boxes shouting insults in a strange language with strange devices has also been shown to me by my patron, but i fear what it means i shall never know....

im now preparing to retrain my units and smash the last two settlements from under slaanesh. about to defend against a khorne fight soon though, though should be easy since the fools are only throwing marauders my way. those blood letters look nasty though.

the defence of Kvelligs

and thats all for now on Tzeentch folks.

to be continued.....
    Last edited by Ultra123; September 02, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

The High Elves
    Last edited by Ultra123; September 01, 2011 at 05:41 PM.

reserved - dwarves might go here or sylvania, depends. requests welcome.