Thread: DMS Good, Bad and Questions

Default DMS Good, Bad and Questions

Hey everyone
    To start with i just want to say this is my personal opinion on stuff and i would appreciate to have a normal decent conversation no flaming ect ( Got Bad Forum experience when it comes to posting a different thread not normal like ''Awesome i like it!'')

But enough random facts i just wanna say im having a 50/50 experience when it comes to DMS there is tons of stuff i like but there is some stuff i don't get or don't like and hope u can help me understand some or stuff like that and my suggestions. Btw im really grateful for all the work you guys put into the mod.

1. Launcher is awesome and i like the fact there is so much option, but just a suggestion the option that you have selected would be awesome if it would be highlighted so i can see if it really confirmed my choice and what do i have enabled

2. What has the mod done with AI exactly? i really didn't spot many difference especially when it come to campaign map. Great clans like Oda or Tokugawa(But that i understand 1 has to go and i have Oda-Toku ally option...) Shimazu (owned by shoni allways same as vannila) get killed 1st. I really wanna fight more against great clans i feel like when fighting against minor clans im trashing rebels. Excuse me if i am wrong i played like 20 hours or less atm.

3. Trade- Like 90 turns into the game so far with chosokabe im against all due to Realm Divide and my only allys are Tokugawa and they too have no friends and no Trade rigths. But every turn they want me to Trade with them but in return they want like 5k gold which is really stupid. I mean we would both get great profit from the trade like 1.3k but they want my cash is good for 2 ways why do i need to pay them. And if i pay them which i did their's Coast province gets captured and i lose trade rigths and when the cap it again they want 5k gold. That should be changed if u ask me.

4. Generals Suicide-I was sieged vs a enemy army and only my garrison troops were fighting like 4 units vs like 4bow and 3 spear. But lucky for me the best ally general with like 5 stars aided me and his great army but he was the only horse unit. He charged in and got killed by spears than the rest of his army came and easily moped the place up. That was sad i wanted to kill him once in a epic battle that makes your pc lagg but he died on silly rebels due to pure stupidness it really takes away the reallity. I know it was the same in vanilla but i thought this mod would stop this madness

5. Threat of attack pops up every turn from a clan with 1 province and 5 enemys laying siege as we speak. I mean it doesn't really matter but i think it's silly (didn't recall that in vanilla)

6. Few stupid things in Battle mode - I have the better chosokabe archers the dlc guys with better range and it seems their ranged units just come 1 by 1 so it really doesn't present as much of a challenge. Generals fighting spear units and then die enemy units lose moral and run. Also i think ''Stand and Fight'' dose not work or it's icon is bugged and it still give it's bonuses. Im playing on Hard and each clan has like only 1 ''strong'' army and even that one isn't much. i Didn't see Hojo have any siege or tokugawa any khiso ninjas (same as vanilla i know).

These are a few things that i think could be improved or i am doing something wrong, let me know. Otherwise i prefer the mod over vanilla. If some stuff i requested are too hard to mod (I Don't know about moding ) or as i said before, only i got bad experience don't get pissed off. Hope u didn't took my post the wrong way.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: DMS Good, Bad and Questions

Stop play on (very) easy -_-"

I played Chosokabe on legendary -> got screwed after tried an invasion (they burned my fleet and hunted my son till he died, no use continue play if have 4 provinces and other clans 8-10)

Can just give you the hint and play on legendary. Sure AI do sometimes stupid things, but since i play on legendary its just awesome and if you face a 4star general, you will feel the fear in your bones

I dont get the minorclans point: sure there are sometimes clans like Akashi very active but this make this game so dynamic and i like it (remember what luck oda nobunaga had, if he was get killed when he was young, we wouldnt even know the Oda clan ...)

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

play on H/VH

I play on Hard. Always on hard it's a decent challenge for me because i don't play much shogun 2 and when i do take the time to play it i want to have a fun experience not a frustrating one as i imagine i would have with my skill on legendary mode. I will get there at some point i guess. Anyway Increasing the battle difficulty always turned out to be stupid i remember in Rome total war your best elite unit failed vs peasants. That is why i always avoid higher difficulty i know AI won't do much better or be more cunning only my units will be suckyer and theirs stronger. I don't know never tryed it in shogun maybe it's better now difficulty wise i will try it out.

Forgot to say i don't like to fight against minor clans because they are all White color and it's boring and bland to me . And they have no special units
    Last edited by Warp Ox; August 24, 2011 at 03:21 PM.

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

Shimazu (owned by shoni allways same as vannila) get killed 1st. I really wanna fight more against great clans i feel like when fighting against minor clans im trashing rebels. Excuse me if i am wrong i played like 20 hours or less atm.
    I've had all sorts of things happen with major and minor clans all over Japan whilst using DarthMod. To me it seems quite random (which is what we want for replayability), although Mori often go under quite early. I've never experienced repeated campaigns with Shimazu being destroyed like you mention. I've even seen Oda go down to Saito in turn 3 (despite Oda's huge boost).

3. Trade- Like 90 turns into the game so far with chosokabe im against all due to Realm Divide and my only allys are Tokugawa and they too have no friends and no Trade rigths. But every turn they want me to Trade with them but in return they want like 5k gold which is really stupid. I mean we would both get great profit from the trade like 1.3k but they want my cash is good for 2 ways why do i need to pay them. And if i pay them which i did their's Coast province gets captured and i lose trade rigths and when the cap it again they want 5k gold. That should be changed if u ask me.
    Are you listed as Affluent/Spectacular in the Diplomacy panel? If so, clans will very rarely trade. Try taking your ships out of trade nodes, ask for the Trade Agreement, then move them back on.

As for Generals...whilst mounted they are Cavalry, so will be butchered by spearmen. Try dismounting them and sending them into the fray with heavy backup. I often put my generals on foot and charge them in, giving a huge morale boost to nearby units. Threats of attack is self-explanatory, if the CAI views your borders as viable targets, or you as weak in general, they'll be gearing up to attack you. As for the comment about clans not using their unique units, I've seen tons of Kisho Ninja used by Tokugawa and plenty of Mangonels/Fire Bomb Throwers for Hojo. I can confirm DMS does a great job of encouraging the AI to use their special units.

If you really want to boost the production of clan-specific units even more try this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=463489 by Gallus Domesticus. It allows clans to recruit their special units at castle towns so you will see even more of them.

bender30's Avatar Foederatus

I always play on vh/vh and it is a great experience with the darthmod.
    But, if it is possible, a highlight function in the launcher to see which options are active would be a great thing !

So, for me, this is the only thing I would wish to implement !
    Der Sinn des Lebens ist es , den Sinn des Lebens zu finden !

Laetus

No one plays on legendary? There is some kind of problem with it? I played a Shimazu campaing on legendary and the only challenge I got was on Realm Divide event, playing on other difficulty settings can make the game more challenging?

A highlight function on the launcher would be awesome.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

It can affect how the AI acts at times not sure if its better or worse then Hard/VH but i only play on Legendary mainly because i love the saving system.

bender30's Avatar Foederatus

As I know, the only difference between VH and Legendary is the Savesystem and the "Generalsview" on the Battlefield !
    All the other things, KI Push in Battles, KI on the Map and so on, is the same !

This was said before Release in an official Thread. I donīt know if Darthmod changes something in that way !
    Der Sinn des Lebens ist es , den Sinn des Lebens zu finden !

Quote Originally Posted by kxin View Post
    No one plays on legendary? There is some kind of problem with it? I played a Shimazu campaing on legendary and the only challenge I got was on Realm Divide event, playing on other difficulty settings can make the game more challenging?

A highlight function on the launcher would be awesome.
    How about play as Hattori, Oda, Togukawa, or Takeda?

Shimazu are the most easiest clans to play even on hard or very hard or legendary, cheaper katana smurai and higher stats? win, heavy gunner? oh they will rules the world with this units.
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

i wish there was a legendary mode (all battle settings) with normal saving system, crashes or corrupted files can screw your game up and alt tabbing to copy the autosave file somewhere else every x turn is so gay