Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ACW] Version 3.x Roadmap

Icon4 [ACW] Version 3.x Roadmap

Dear ACW Fans!

A time ago we sadly had to stated out that we are very busy at the moment and that our next major release will be pushed back. Now, some time is gone and the mod development have been started again.

To compensate the time we lost there is a new release schema for version 3.x, which i will share with you now.

We will split up the planned 3.0 release to a) shorten your waiting time and b) improve mod stability, features and balancing. And that's how it looks like:

Candidate 3.0

This would be the base release. In there are all new eye-catching models included, new sounds/music/artwork also, and at least a brand new campaign which would be a vast improvement to our previous versions.

A big part here is to write up the base new from scratch, so that we can sort out incompatible things in our mod and bring out a more stable version which also will be better for further modding. The same decision we did before releasing BEIC 1.0 and was a lot of work to do, but the result was really worth the time we spent.

Very interesting for you would be our new combat system and AI changes. It will completely change the way of challenge for you. Some of you may tried out our BEIC mod and noticed the much higher amount of armies and the fierce battles you have to face. This we want take as base for our new AI system with some necessary changes to fit with ACW.

There should be no more undefended regions or the ability to fully rush the AI. Also the Map will be virtually enlarged and you need more strategic planning to move your armies wisely.
    At least you will get more random battle maps in your campaign with more tactical terrain, and the combat in there will be more dynamic.

Candidate 3.1

The first patch will bring in skirmish battles for you. There is a new corps structure system added to bring in more variety. More about this you will see in the 3.x feature thread.
    Also if necessary it will fix problems of 3.0

Candidate 3.2

This is then the whole thing. You will get our new techsystem, and some other features. Also we give for those who have the expansion a Warpath campaign out. This will mean for you more regions to fight off the enemies.
    Also if necessary it will fix problems of 3.0 + 3.1

Candidate 3.3 (only if needed)

This would be the very last patch for our third release. It will be coming out only if needed will be in reserve if any other bugfixes are necessary.

Well, with this way of development we are able to release earlier, plus give us the ability to work with YOU together in a nice active audience.
    We can react to suggestions and bugs more efficient and create the game we all want.

At least i wanna say thanks to you in the name of our team for your patience and loyal friendship.
    Please understand that we canīt offer now a release date, but you will be able to play it definitive in 2011!

For a short view on upcoming features please visit our features thread (click me)

Any further infos about 3.x dates and planning will be posted here, feel free to discuss with us.

Best Regards, your ACW team

Wess_Hudson's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [ACW] Version 3.x Roadmap

Very good news!

That means..............THREE TRAILERS, YEEEEHAAAA!!!

henjan's Avatar Laetus

Great !!!
    Keep up the good work! Gonna be following this mod to see for updates every day!

great news, thanks for the heeds up

Excellent news !
    I support you !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Great news. Do you have a timeframe yet? I am looking forward to being able to save games.

I understand from version 3.0 will include campaigns on a map of the DLC?

3.2 will contain a campaign for the dlc "Warpath".
    3.0 will have a america-only campaign which can be played without any dlc`s.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    3.2 will contain a campaign for the dlc "Warpath".
    3.0 will have a america-only campaign which can be played without any dlc`s.
    Ermmm... didnt you just say the same thing?... yeh i am slow today but, isnt "Warpath" the "America Only" campaign anyways?

Wess_Hudson's Avatar Civis

I think america-only campaign means, only the american continent is playable, or just the americas are supported. No changes to Europe or India. Right?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Ermmm... didnt you just say the same thing?... yeh i am slow today but, isnt "Warpath" the "America Only" campaign anyways?
    Don't forget the Road to Independence Maps, the one of the third chapter is America only, either .

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Candidate 3.1

The first patch will bring in skirmish battles for you. There is a new corps structure system added to bring in more variety. More about this you will see in the 3.x feature thread.
    Also if necessary it will fix problems of 3.0
    Not to seem arrogant or anything, but don't you think it would be more efficient to first work on the mp/ skirmish part for which ACW was originally intended rather than going in all directions with the campaign?
    We all know the campaign is what takes the longest part, whereas mp is de facto dropping in all the units in the unit roster and get it started.

Not to seem arrogant or anything, but don't you think it would be more efficient to first work on the mp/ skirmish part for which ACW was originally intended rather than going in all directions with the campaign?
    We all know the campaign is what takes the longest part, whereas mp is de facto dropping in all the units in the unit roster and get it started.
    1.) Well, there are more people playing the campaign then the battles in mp... mp campaign is also interesting for some.
    2.) That we will focus on the Campaign doesn't mean the Battles are deleted from the mod. What we have will be still there atm, The units also get new models. What we
    won't add in the first version is the announced corps system.
    3.) I'm developing an standalone MP Mod for Napoleon: TW, you know? .

Hmm Primergy, you got good point the work this far looks great, the campaign in warpath dlc will be so awesome, thanks for this wonderful mod
    Good Luck with 3.0 etc etc
    Last edited by dennizjoon; August 27, 2011 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poudjik View Post
    Sure mate, skirmish will be always a major part of ACW but atm is the biggest issue the campaign ctd problem which affects some of the players here.
    So there where 2 options:
    a) Bring out another patch for 2.x with a new campaign and changed db
    This would be time which is lost because the db and esf related files cannot be used in our next release 3.0
    b) Or start directly with 3.x which was then the final decision.

And 3.1 will follow soon after 3.0. Only 3.2 can be then a bit later.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    you stated "3.0 will feature warpath campaign map only"
    Now I smell things have changed....but....hmmmmmmmmmmm exactly.....

OHOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    NO!
    SHOKH!
    HINKEL!
    PRIMERGY!
    GRARDASBARPAR!
    NO!
    ACW should aim only to depict the events of the american civil war_________________who cares about the rest???

Hello mates, i was very busy the last time but should be getting better the next days.
    Please understand that i have to read all new postings in all the threads step by step.

@ Fracchione
    North America only map, not only the warpath map, This way users without this dlc can play our mod too.

Shokhy-Shok:I don't get it!
    Warpath map has more regions,details etc,it would suite perfectly for the mod
    or.....................are you talking about 2 versions of ACW 3.0?

Warpath map has more regions,details etc,it would suite perfectly for the mod
    But not everyone owns warpath or want to buy it (since it's a DLC^^)

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

But there will be a warpath released also right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast