Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amazon:Total War - Reignited, Beta Release Out

Default Amazon:Total War - Reignited, Beta Release Out

[forum admin: This is an archived post, for the latest Amazons Total War release please visit the latest post [here]

Well, at the least I got the spelling right this time.

This is to announce the Amazon:Total War - Reignited, Beta Release

=========================
    WARNING : ADULT CONTENT
    =========================

Once again, this mod contains female nudity in the depiction of ancient conflicts, so if there is any reason the law of your locality prohibits you from viewing such content (for example, if you are under the age of 18 in most areas), please do not access the download.

By either downloading or installing this mod's zip file, the user who performed the download/installation acknowledges that he (or she) is legal to view such content and he or she is solely responsible for the use as well as the consequences of the use of this mod.

Here is The 1.04d Beta download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NTT19VJ

The original Whitepaper is published [here]

For the background of the game, you can read more detail [here].

The 1.0x Beta has many changes after hundreds of hours of tests plus feedback/bug-reports from people.

Major fixes are

- corrected file reference issues in models_strat where the old mod has .cas and skins created for the BI Sarmatian which were accidentally copied to the base BI and RTW folder and left there, and references to these files were then created in models_strat. Downloaded version with vanila RTW/BI would crash because it can not find these files.

- warnings for the scripts is finally fixed, there are no longer AI complaints about the script. or issues about user can not save the game while the quest is not being fulfilled.

- Read me file has an error discovered by chrisb, where the Amazon link to the folder was incorrect. I have received several messages confirming this is the cause to their problem.

Major Changes are

- allows different Amazon factions to recruit shared high tech combat units.

- In order to obtain the secret and the recruitable units. Each Amazon faction has its own quest(s).

- Each quest allows the successful Amazon faction to summon the elite of another Amazon factions and thereby destroy that faction.

- New skins for high tech units so it looks differently for different Amazon faction.

- allows Sarmatian and Carthage to take over Amazon factions and also recruit their high tech units.

Special Thanks to Spartan198 for all the great helps and tips to make the mod possible.

This is mod-folder style installation, so it should not impact the original RTW-BI files.

You do need to have RTW BI 1.6 installed.

The read me file has instruction for Steam as well as regular installation.

There is four seasons per year feature, and to activate the four season script, you need to start the game to go to the strat screen, and press ESC key, then press "?" icon and click the "show me" icon, and return to the game. The 4 turns features must be re-activated everytime you restart the RTW/BI, it will not self-activate.

The game will not run properly, if the four season feature is not activated.

Known bugs:

- This is from the four turn script feature, which we know to be an issue but we are not the original programmer so not able to get our arms around it yet, if you accidentally activate the 4 turns per year twice in the very first year, ie 270BC, the years got bumped all the way to the end of the script (something like 350AD).

- On the game start, the strat contains one faction's general is onboard of a fleet at sea. This is done intentionally to make the game playing more interesting. AI still considers this an minor error, so if there is no other errors, no pop-up message is displayed, but if there is any other error besides this warning, the AI will flash a message saying that this character is not located in a known tile. In reality, there is something else it is complaining, but the game will exit to the desktop before showing the real error. If there is no other error besides the general onboard of the ship, the AI will only flash the complaint when you exit the game.
    Last edited by parthian shot; March 19, 2013 at 09:48 PM.

Androktones's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Amazon:Total War - Reignited, Beta Release Out

Awesome Parthian, good to see new life on these forums, I'll be downloading it to see whats what.

Has the 4 season bug been corrected (you said that was a known issue w/ the game) or is it still a concern?

Androktones

The four season bug is still with us. There is no crash just the year got bumped to 350AD if the 4 season script is accidentally activated twice in the very first year. Looks like a re-entrant issue. I did not write the 4 season script, so I still don't know how to resolve it.

Should be something like, if the script is already running, the new instantiation should just exit.

The 1.02 beta is now published, the download link is updated at the OP.

bug fix and changes in Release 1.02 Beta:
    - Settlement Detail view in 3D is now checked to be working for all factions, it was CTD in 1.01 in many factions.
    - All Quests are now checked working, all Amazon factions have two quests, except the Geothe
    the first will "Summon" the high tech Amazons and destroy Geothe faction (unless you are playing Geothe)
    the second will "Summon" all Amazons, and therefore destroy all other Amazon factions except your own.
    - Each Quest will result in treasure, technology, and high tech troop.
    - The AI has no Amazon Quests, so other Amazon factions will not be able to destroy the player's faction by the "Summon"s.
    - infrastructure building (metal smith, sewer, and road) will now take longer to build, and the temple, the barracks, are more viewed as
    the front-end to the infrastructure, so they take less time to complete.
    - Libyan Amazon has different lesser general animation.
    - missing annotations have been added, as reported by Amadee.

Beta 1.03b is posted right now, in the OP above.

Bug fix and changes in Release 1.03 Beta:

- Removed legacy reference to Geothe units inherited from Bean Sidhe.
    - New Amazon Militia Warband .cas and skin.
    - ammo-store for pyro equipped non-elite units are reduced.
    - unit cost for pyro equipped units are adjusted.
    - unit size for non-elite pyro-units has also been reduced.
    - the peasant/militia units will no longer frighten the enemy.
    - changing the strategic outlook for the Geothe faction.
    - corrected the ATW 3.0C script error where the AI factions
    are supposed to receive additional fund at the game start but didn't.
    - add changes to units cards for Geothe Virgin Archer and Armenian Noble Maiden.
    - add feature where spy is generating money from the enemy.
    - Pyro Units' Unit cards now have a fire symbol on the upper right hand of the card to indicate its capability.
    - reduce the number of load_screen to free the cache for Steam based BI engine.
    - added new Steam BI engine installation description.
    - increased naval movement to be more realistic.

So smile Amadee!
    Last edited by parthian shot; September 01, 2011 at 08:48 PM.

Any screenies?

debux's Avatar Senator

Same as above, I'm curious to see the new skins. Words aren't enough
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Are you taking over this project? I see no announcement from the mod leader.

I have personal note from SubRosa Florens to have me taking over the project.

So, yes, I am the mod-leader for Amazon:TW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Any screenies?
    Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Same as above, I'm curious to see the new skins. Words aren't enough
    Screen snapshots are posted at

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466076

Also has the game background and the difference between the previous mod and the current one.

The Amazon:Total War - Reignited mod is not named as Amazon:Total War 4.0 to avoid confusion with Are7667's Amazon mod.

Both Subrosa and Are7667 have given me permission to carry on with their work.
    Last edited by parthian shot; August 31, 2011 at 01:03 PM.

debux's Avatar Senator

You should totally add the link to the screenies thread on your first post.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    You should totally add the link to the screenies thread on your first post.
    Roger That! See The OP to confirm.

Also the 1.03 Beta is posted.

I have also updated the Amazon:Total War wiki with the latest status.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Amazon:_Total_War

The wiki has more information on the differences of the mods, as well as the background settings based on extrapolated data from anthropological theories and archeological findings.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    I have personal note from SubRosa Florens to have me taking over the project.

So, yes, I am the mod-leader for Amazon:TW.
    I'm surprised she didn't appoint you as a local moderator then.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I'm surprised she didn't appoint you as a local moderator then.

That is being addressed. We will find out in a few days.

Great, get in contact with me when you get your rights.

Beta 1.04b Released.

The following are the changes:

1.04b Beta is now posted. Please refer to the OP for download link.

- This release make the AI playing Geothe to be rather powerless, meaning, no money, no general, no army, and politically non-agressive.

- But if the human is playing the faction instead of the AI, the funding is boosted. The generals are restored.

- Sarmatian now has four quests:

1. first allows them to destroys Geothe by a summon.

2. second allows them to destroy the Thyssa Amazon.

3. third allows Sarmatian to acquire high techology.

4. fourth to destroy all the Amazon factions, and makes Sarmatian the only faction with Amazon troops.

- Sarmatian's quest is now easier, instead of attacking Amazons head-on, its first quest can summon and thereby destroys the Geothe (ie High Tech) Amazon by conquering part of neighboring factions.

- unit cards for Sarmatian's Amazon units are corrected.

- Sarmatian Amazon skins have been re-done.
    Last edited by parthian shot; September 03, 2011 at 10:36 AM.

Great, get in contact with me when you get your rights.
    Hi, this is to let every know that Trajan has just informed me that I am now the local moderator for Amazon:Total War sub-forum.

Please feel free to work with me first for any issues with this forum. Thanks Everyone!
    Last edited by parthian shot; September 02, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Congrats! it's good to see this officially resumed, I may as well pop the question now... any chance this will get ported?

Congrats! it's good to see this officially resumed, I may as well pop the question now... any chance this will get ported?
    Have .mesh will travel!

Any other format, I don't know.

What do you have in mind ?
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast