Thread: Aren't you classified incorrectly?

Default Aren't you classified incorrectly?

I mean a BETA has been released- isn't in the wrong section?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And don't Call me Shirley!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Aren't you classified incorrectly?

Perhaps. But a Beta isn't a full release.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

It says that it includes beta.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And don't Call me Shirley!

You have a point. (Almost) all the mods in development are not playable yet, except this one. A Beta version is a version that isn't stable enough for the release, but partly functional.
    A beta version is not (official) "released", so that is why they don't put it in the released modifications section.

Quote Originally Posted by Khwarezm View Post
    You have a point. (Almost) all the mods in development are not playable yet, except this one. A Beta version is a version that isn't stable enough for the release, but partly functional.
    A beta version is not (official) "released", so that is why they don't put it in the released modifications section.

Excellent explanation, thank you for the post, and clarification, this is exactly what alhoon says with his short reply.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Thank you for your short and polite answer sir.
    It is always good to say indirect that one is allergic for pleading of explanation.

Please read the first line and you will see something else than that what alhoon says. The problem is the misunderstanding that mods in development don't include open beta's, alpha's, release candidates, etc.
    Last edited by Khwarezm; August 27, 2011 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khwarezm View Post
    Thank you for your short and polite answer sir.
    It is always good to say indirect that one is allergic for pleading of explanation.

Please read the first line and you will see something else than that what alhoon says. The problem is the misunderstanding that mods in development don't include open beta's, alpha's, release candidates, etc.
    I just wanted to say that the first answer of alhoon is the more simple that someone can do.
    A beta isn't a full release, and it's the right of the team to give the more stable and complete version of the mod, that it will be possible to produce for the 1.0 release.

If you want to avoid the constant fact that a Beta, isn't a totally stable version of the game, and if you want to spend more time to work on the mod than work on the fixes for the beta, you stay in this section of the forum !

I was polite in purpose to say to you, you were right with your reply, but know you have my complete point of view on the subject.

Thank you for your understanding

Skyn0s

P.S : A stable beta, is an outline of the game, a platform for the team member, and a gift to the gamer who like the work already done, and who want to test it.
    P.S 2: Just to add that i am a team member of Paeninsula Italica myself.
    Last edited by Skyn0s; August 27, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Skyn0s View Post
    P.S 2: Just to add that i am a team member of Paeninsula Italica myself.
    Saw that awesome map in the faction picking screen? That's his work. And more. So much more! Rep him!

+rep Skynos.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Saw that awesome map in the faction picking screen? That's his work. And more. So much more! Rep him!

+rep Skynos.

That's the Cedric37's work actually .
    Anyway, thank you for this kind message my friend.

Skyn0s

Default Online Tabula Peutingeriana

For Everyone's info !!!

The Dutch historian Rene Voorburg made available in his spare time, an online version of the most complete Roman travel map: The worldfamous 'Tabula Peutingeriana' (300BC-400BC)
    It is presented like an ancient online Google routeplanner and contains 2760 villages/cities/forts/etc.
    You're free to add valuable info or places that should be included according to your info: Just contact him

Although this fresh news is only 2 hours young be aware that the site is already heavily being visited !
    It's available in several languages and here's its adress: http://omnesviae.org/

Use it to (y)our benefits (modding!?!) , credit him and ENJOY this piece of art !! (see my added printscreen)

Cheers!!

Opifex

The location of the mod is actually up to us, as the forum administrators don't really know enough about each mod to keep track of where it is, completion-wise. I think with one of the coming patches we'll be able to move it to the released section.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Opifex

Default Re: Online Tabula Peutingeriana

Just to correct that, it's 300-400 AD

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Default Re: Online Tabula Peutingeriana

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    Just to correct that, it's 300-400 AD
    Oeps... You're totally right ! I used the wrong abbreviation. Thnx+Rep.