Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Anatolian Principalities] General Discussion & Suggestions

Default [Anatolian Principalities] General Discussion & Suggestions

You can post all your suggestions and questions here. Please feel free to suggest reasonable things in this thread.

-------------Leader of the AP mod-----------------

Default Re: [Anatolian Principalities] General Discussion & Suggestions

Our friend 2shy will give us information about family tree of Serbian, Bulgarian and Georgian Kingdoms. Thanks already buddy.

You can chat with our mod leader Elvasat.(Erhan)

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Not sure how I passed this over before but you surely have my attention now. Amazing work.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    Not sure how I passed this over before but you surely have my attention now. Amazing work.
    We moved here only 5 days ago.
    Thanks your words.
    Turk Total War Cemiyeti....TTW

ANATOLIAN PRINCIPALITIES MOD PROJECT

The mod is have arslanbek sultanbekov dombra music file?

Just a few questions and maybe some suggestions;

-the map is mostly mainland. so the sea trade will be not very popular and using naval forces will not be very usefull. and if you think of anatolia farming will be the main income. so the game econımics should be different i guess. and one more thing, the beylik states didn't realy use naval forces, so the christians have to be much stronger on the seas.

-i am not sure for the crusades but cihat option will be still availible. and continuos cihat against the byzantium would be more historicly. i have an idea for that. cihat türkmen forces with no upkeep, and the could join your forces any time, as long as your fighting not against other muslim factions.

-the caliph (halife) could be somehow usefull. actualy i was thinking the muslims factions are not a minority in this map, so a modified pope-like screen would be instresting. but no imams could be become the new caliph of course. and maybe adding the egypt coast so beylik factions could beat the caliph to become the new one would be fun, but a little to far maybe.

-the map is historicly but the east is so empty it might be boring just to conquer all that settlements. and if they are many defending units in them it might be useless to. as you can see most of the cities have no big strategic positions. and i don't think they will have a lot of income. so an armenian faction could make it more intresting.

-another thing on the map, almost everybody is close to everbody. yes that's the way it was, but a little no mans land could be usefull. i can imagine a "total war" from the beginnig of the game. and that could harm the historical ballance. the byzantium could get overpowered when the beyliks are just fighting each other. i suggest that some of them strat with war against the byzantium or to be allied to each other.

-how strong will be byzantium. they need to be a little bankrupt, so the ottomans can expand and istanbul has to be heavly defended in the same time. it would be a shame to find istanbul ungarrisoned at take it with some catapults in just one turn. and in a sige of istanbul, there should be european help forces coming to defend it. i mean it soulh be really hard to take. the ottomans took at first all the settlements around it. many turkish and muslims forces sieged the city and couldn't get it. istanbul should be really hard to get.

-one other thing is, will there be firearms? to conquer istanbul they will need the monster bombard. and i think every beylik faction should be able to get it. so it might not be very historicly real but every turkish beylik should have the abbility to become an ottoman empire(or karaman empire who cares as long as it's turkish).

-and i hope the timur guys will appear. they might fill the emptiness in the east too. but they might get a little weak till they took all the rebel settlements till they reach the main anatolia.

by the way, i am really waiting for this mod. at the work wich is done till now looks great. i hope to download it soon. good work, i mean really good work.

thank your suggestion , but crusade and cihad both of them will be disable.
    Turk Total War Cemiyeti....TTW

ANATOLIAN PRINCIPALITIES MOD PROJECT

Ty for your interest. I will answer them as much as i can.

Quote Originally Posted by sahensah View Post
    -the map is mostly mainland. so the sea trade will be not very popular and using naval forces will not be very usefull. and if you think of anatolia farming will be the main income. so the game econımics should be different i guess. and one more thing, the beylik states didn't realy use naval forces, so the christians have to be much stronger on the seas.
    Factions economy system will be belong to faction's position on the map. Coastal Beyliks have more sea trade related economy system than the other ones. When you play a faction which has not any coastal region in the begining such as Karamanids or Eretna's, you have to upgrade farmlands to balance the economy. However, if you have a region which is on a trade point ( Caravansaray stops ), you better pay attention to merchantile buildings as well as mines and farmlands.

If we look at the naval issue, some coastal begs such as mentese and Aydinids will have more powerful ships as well as Venetians-Genove and Saint John's than the others.

-i am not sure for the crusades but cihat option will be still availible. and continuos cihat against the byzantium would be more historicly. i have an idea for that. cihat türkmen forces with no upkeep, and the could join your forces any time, as long as your fighting not against other muslim factions.
    In our mod's timescale, crusade and jihad events are restricted to small areas and small groups. We have extract them from the game for keeping the balance of faction's powers. But we will adopt the byzantium-begs and sirbian+bulgarian factions against ottomans wars to the game as much as we can. But they will be in particular time and particular conditions which you will be asked for to complete them before.

-the caliph (halife) could be somehow usefull. actualy i was thinking the muslims factions are not a minority in this map, so a modified pope-like screen would be instresting. but no imams could be become the new caliph of course. and maybe adding the egypt coast so beylik factions could beat the caliph to become the new one would be fun, but a little to far maybe.
    So far, We haven't worked on a caliphate faction and we are not going to add it.

-the map is historicly but the east is so empty it might be boring just to conquer all that settlements. and if they are many defending units in them it might be useless to. as you can see most of the cities have no big strategic positions. and i don't think they will have a lot of income. so an armenian faction could make it more intresting.
    It will indeed, but you wont see just them in the east. Ilkhanids and other begs still will be a problem to you, and of course Timurids when they come. Actually they are Ilkhanid territories but they are loosing domination on these regions in that times. As well as Dulkadir begs as a faction itself, you can also see arising Ramazan begs and Kadi Burhaneddin's as a Rebel. You will have to deal with them if you conquer all the Anatolia and gather all begs in a righteous faction which is yours.

-another thing on the map, almost everybody is close to everbody. yes that's the way it was, but a little no mans land could be usefull. i can imagine a "total war" from the beginnig of the game. and that could harm the historical ballance. the byzantium could get overpowered when the beyliks are just fighting each other. i suggest that some of them strat with war against the byzantium or to be allied to each other.
    We have added rebel regions between begs as much as we can. And in the beginning factions relations are set historically correct.

-how strong will be byzantium. they need to be a little bankrupt, so the ottomans can expand and istanbul has to be heavly defended in the same time. it would be a shame to find istanbul ungarrisoned at take it with some catapults in just one turn. and in a sige of istanbul, there should be european help forces coming to defend it. i mean it soulh be really hard to take. the ottomans took at first all the settlements around it. many turkish and muslims forces sieged the city and couldn't get it. istanbul should be really hard to get.
    I'm thinking some special scripts for Istanbul.

-one other thing is, will there be firearms? to conquer istanbul they will need the monster bombard. and i think every beylik faction should be able to get it. so it might not be very historicly real but every turkish beylik should have the abbility to become an ottoman empire(or karaman empire who cares as long as it's turkish).
    It will historically correct.

-and i hope the timur guys will appear. they might fill the emptiness in the east too. but they might get a little weak till they took all the rebel settlements till they reach the main anatolia.

by the way, i am really waiting for this mod. at the work wich is done till now looks great. i hope to download it soon. good work, i mean really good work.
    Timurids will come when the ilkhanids have gone.

hi what do you work now...have you made any progress on pontus

We are working on Order's textures.

We will release new preview about them soon!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

When you say Order do you mean Knights St John? If so this will be great, first time in a medieval 2 game when this faction is previewed I believe.

Yes, I ment Order of Saint John. Just patience, we will release a huge preview about them including various scripts, models/textures and stratmap pictures soon.

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to it. I've posted some info for the Knights in case you need it in the other thread.

are you guys going to put out a beta or alpha before main version comes out i would love to try out your work

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Hi to all!

First of all, congratulations for your geat work! Now, i noticed that the faction of the ROMANS calling in the mod "Byzantine Empire" () but as all we know here the term "Byzantine" founded from a German monk during the 16th century, just to distinquish the ancient Roman empire with the medieval Roman empire ( but the truth was the he wanted to give to the HRE the Roman Legacy, despite the fact we know who was the true Roman, but anyway).

The people of the Medieval Roman Empire called each other Romans and not Byzantines, so will you keep this 100% unhistorical term from 16th century or you'll change it to sth which is relative with the History?

Thanks in advance and keep up your great work guys!!

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Thank your for comments.

I think we will use both of them. East Roman Empire is sounds better to me too.

I have to agree with Alkimachos in that the name "Byzantine Empire" needs to go away. If you want to keep the English name of "Eastern Roman Empire" that would be OK, but I prefer the Greek: "Basileia ton Romaion." Translated into Latin it would be "Imperium Romanum", or simply Roman Empire.

On another topic, I know the mod has a start date of 1310 if I'm not mistaken and am not sure when the end date is. I haven't read anywhere on this forum if you plan on having Tamerlane (Timur the Lame, b1336-d1405), make an appearance. If the human player is anything other than the Timurid Empire I think he could be brought in using the Mongol horde script. This would represent the massive campaigns he launched westward. Historically he thrashed Georgia numerous times along with Armenia, and gave the Turks a run for their money. Anyway just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    On another topic, I know the mod has a start date of 1310 if I'm not mistaken and am not sure when the end date is. I haven't read anywhere on this forum if you plan on having Tamerlane (Timur the Lame, b1336-d1405), make an appearance. If the human player is anything other than the Timurid Empire I think he could be brought in using the Mongol horde script. This would represent the massive campaigns he launched westward. Historically he thrashed Georgia numerous times along with Armenia, and gave the Turks a run for their money. Anyway just an idea.
    Agreed, I hope that we will see the Timurids emerge in Anatolia.

Hospitallers and Genoeses also had to fight him, and have been thrashed too...

It's really an interesting idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast