Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Can anyone help me I would really like to play this great mod

Libertus

Hi. I very like "Enhanced 0.53" - thank you! But I have a question. I tried to add highland nobles of Scotland to the mod (I wanted to have some mountain warriors), but I couldn't. I added Highland Nobles entry from export_descr_unit.txt vanilla file to export_descr_unit.txt file from the mod. I added all files mentioned in battle_models.modeldb file from the mod to the folder "Westeros" (proper pathes). The highland nobles entry was there already so I didn't change anything there. When I was adding this unit to England in vanilla, it was enough: it worked. But now, in custom battles, I still can't recuit highland nobles for House Stark. Have I missed something?

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Túrin Dagnir View Post
    Hi. I very like "Enhanced 0.53" - thank you! But I have a question. I tried to add highland nobles of Scotland to the mod (I wanted to have some mountain warriors), but I couldn't. I added Highland Nobles entry from export_descr_unit.txt vanilla file to export_descr_unit.txt file from the mod. I added all files mentioned in battle_models.modeldb file from the mod to the folder "Westeros" (proper pathes). The highland nobles entry was there already so I didn't change anything there. When I was adding this unit to England in vanilla, it was enough: it worked. But now, in custom battles, I still can't recuit highland nobles for House Stark. Have I missed something?
    you sure your edu entry is correct? Try to add in near the other units used in the mod (noble swordsmen, dismounted knights)

Just double checking, are the units supposed to cost 1000 - 5000 Dragons average? and recruiting time up to 5 turns for my Longboats? Just seems extreme, or I don't get the point yet

Cheers.

i have a question. if i want to make it so that a faction has a unit that is recruitable anywhere but needs a barracks or any other building as a pre-requisite what would i have to modify?

also how can i make a unit be unique to a certain settlement/castle and be recruitable by any faction after a prerequisite building has been built.

im planning on doing this for 1 unit for every faction and also going to try to give certain castles/settlements unique units that can be recruited by any faction after a certain building is built.
    Last edited by warrior6; May 07, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

you can do that via hidden_resources. Try to search for it in the mod workshop, I know there is a good tutorial about that.

Trist, I am having the same problem. I can't figure out how to fix it.

Libertus

you sure your edu entry is correct? Try to add in near the other units used in the mod (noble swordsmen, dismounted knights)
    It doesn't work . I placed the entry between "Noble Swordsmen" and "Dismounted English Knights". The entry:
    type Highland Nobles
    dictionary Highland_Nobles ; Highland Nobles
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Highland_Nobles, 48, 0, 1.2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 14, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 25, 1.3
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 5, 4, 0, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 5, 7, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 1, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 9, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 490, 175, 90, 70, 490, 4, 120
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models Highland_Nobles, Highland_Nobles_ug1
    ownership scotland
    era 1 scotland
    era 2 scotland
    ;unit_info 14, 0, 9
    It's just the entry from vanilla file. Should I do something more to get this troop in a custom battle? Maybe could you spare a minute and check it?

Gaming Emeritus

It really took me just a minute
    You forgot era 0 and the last line which all other units have and is kingdoms specific
    Correct entry:
    type Highland Nobles
    dictionary Highland_Nobles ; Highland Nobles
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Highland_Nobles, 48, 0, 1.2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 14, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 25, 1.3
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 5, 4, 0, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 5, 7, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 1, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 9, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 490, 175, 90, 70, 490, 4, 120
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models Highland_Nobles, Highland_Nobles_ug1
    ownership scotland, slave
    era 0 scotland
    era 1 scotland
    era 2 scotland
    recruit_priority_offset 0

Libertus

Thank you! I'm very, very green in modding and I just didn't know these things. But I want to learn modding and I hope some day I will show you some nice units (my dream are unicorn riders from Skagos ).
    Last edited by Túrin Dagnir; May 11, 2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    you can do that via hidden_resources. Try to search for it in the mod workshop, I know there is a good tutorial about that.
    i have now noticed that the problem im trying to alleviate only seems to be present for only some factions. some factions can recruit their faction units pretty much anywhere while others are restricted to only their original home provinces. was their a specific reason for this? i think the greyjoys suffer the most from this.

Gaming Emeritus

Greyjoy units can only be recruited in territories with the hidden_resource ironmen. I you want to remove that, simply go to the EDB, and search for ironmen. You get an entry such as this:
    wooden_castle castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Town Militia" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Italian Militia" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { moors, milan, venice, }
    recruit_pool "Spear Militia" 1 0.15 2 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Italian Spear Militia" 1 0.15 2 0 requires factions { moors, milan, venice, }
    recruit_pool "Sergeant Spearmen" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { spain, france, denmark, milan, venice, }
    recruit_pool "Levy Spearmen" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Galloglaich" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { england, venice, } and hidden_resource vale
    recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { hre, } and hidden_resource ironmen
    wall_level 1
    gate_strength 1
    tower_level 1
    free_upkeep bonus 2
    law_bonus bonus 2
    recruitment_slots 2
    Simply removing that should allow the unit to be recruited everywhere.
    Last edited by Dux; May 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Is their a way to convert to a different religion. for example switching from the seven to the old gods?
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

only via script.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

is it easy to do?
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

I am trying to play it using steam, i have the original mod and it works fine but i seem to be having an issue getting this one to work. any one have any ideas?

Sorry I'm a little confused. Does this patch the alpha mod or replace it altogether?

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by matekaitis View Post
    is it easy to do?
    Sorry, misse this post

I suppose it is, at least with some basic scripting knowldege...

at least you need 2 steps, after monitoring the conditions:

Code:

;1 Convert the people
    set_religion [faction] [new_religion]
    change_population_religion [faction][new_religion] [number (<100 and >1, it is the percentage of people converted at once)] [new religion]

;2 Destroy the old religious buildings (also you might want to have new buildings buildable... you'll have to change EDU for this)
      destroy_buildings [faction] [building_name] true ;(put false if you don't wanna see any message)
    ;(repeat it for each bulding)
    If you have still no idea of what I have written, I suggest to take a look at theese (from TWC university)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=743
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1226
    they are 2 simple (and very old) courses for scripting, very useful to undersand the basics (like, what is a monitor, an event, a condition etc...)

and, of course, docudemons and modders' bible

Cheers

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Hi guys. I downloaded the mod and attempted to extract straight into my mod folder, but received error messages that it couldn't find the path. So then I just extracted to desktop and moved the folder straight into the Medieval 2 mod folder. When I start the mod it gets to the first background screen showing Westeros Total War, but then just crashes to desktop. Every single time. Anyone else experience this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseless Nomad View Post
    Hi guys. I downloaded the mod and attempted to extract straight into my mod folder, but received error messages that it couldn't find the path. So then I just extracted to desktop and moved the folder straight into the Medieval 2 mod folder. When I start the mod it gets to the first background screen showing Westeros Total War, but then just crashes to desktop. Every single time. Anyone else experience this issue?
    Hey Horseless Nomad, im having the exact same problem, the file to start the mod is just the westeroes.bat file right,

Anyways i really wanna play it, but it keeps crashing,

Please help!!!