Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [Submod] Enhanced 0.53

Quote Originally Posted by Darron Drakehallow View Post
    So the error I'm getting is the system cannot find the specified location. The file is the Westeros.rar from Game Front. The same story with the Westeros24-08.rar from RapidShare (the alt download link no longer exists) I tried using WinRar and 7zip. I'm in the mods folder and I renamed the regular Westeros. Any ideas?
    Do you use steam or the normal game?
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Quote Originally Posted by jacb547 View Post
    Do you use steam or the normal game?
    I've been using the normal game. I actually didn't know M2TW ran through Steam. One less disk I'll have to use

Quote Originally Posted by Darron Drakehallow View Post
    I've been using the normal game. I actually didn't know M2TW ran through Steam. One less disk I'll have to use
    if you have the original game, i'd say stick to the disk..it 'll prove helpful in the longrun as steam seems to complicate installations etc for many mods around..not that they become not playable, byt why bother more than necessary ?

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

well i know this has been said and ive searched the thread but i can find the solution to the problem where it goes to a loading screen od m2tw and then ends with a box that says nothing but a yellow triangle with a exclamation mark in it.

I really want to try this but i cant figure it out on my own, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by kopite493 View Post
    extracted to the mod folder after changing the main folders name run the batch file but get a ctd after the start up screen (the screen with westeros total war on it)

any ideas where i've gone wrong
    I have this same problem. Any help?
    EDIT: Fixed now, thanks guys!
    Last edited by Chris Perry; March 27, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

I've been noticing some rather wonky timekeeping. In the Enhanced Submod Hotseat, time didn't seem to advance at all - Shireen Baratheon never aged, although she's supposed to come of age quickly. In the current This Is A Hotseat, each turn seems to be 6 months - we're at turn 19, and Rickon is 13. I imagine he'll be a general soon.
    Commanding House Stark of Winterfell in This Is A Hotseat and in The requested hotseat
    Commanding House Lannister of Casterly Rock in Yet again another hotseat
    Commanding House Tully of Riverrun in New Enhanced Hotseat
    Commanding House Tyrell of Highgarden in This Is Most Definitely A Hotseat
    Commanding House Greyjoy of Pyke in War Of The Throne
    Commanding House Arryn of the Eyrie in Westeros At War

Icon8 Re: [Submod] Enhanced 0.53

I'm having a problem when I start the game it just crashes whit some times an empty box..

SubMod crashes my game. When i try to start up it says Medieval 2: Total war has suffered a fatal error and needs to close. Any ideas on how i could fix this?

MIne wont open =/

I think I have installed the sub-mod correctly, renamed folders etc. However, when I double click the Westeros batch file in the sub-mod folder the intitial screen loads but then I am returned to desktop.

I tried using the shortcut installed with version 0.53 Alpha by renaming the target and start fields but the same thing happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Enhanced folder is called westeros and original is called differently? Then is should work. Do you have Kingdoms 1.5?

When I patch the game both old and enhanced mods don't work. An error message appears saying I haven't inserted the correct cd.
    '

For anybody experiencing the problem where after starting the game it immediately crashes to the desktop, plp posted a fix earlier in the thread (post #125)

It worked perfectly for me:

Quote Originally Posted by plp View Post
    This happened to me too, im using vista so this might not apply to others. Basically I deleted my Westeros subfolder from C:\\Users\CompName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ - then look for Medieval 2 folder and delete Westeros in the Mods subfolder. That's what i did anyway and it worked! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
    For anybody experiencing the problem where after starting the game it immediately crashes to the desktop, plp posted a fix earlier in the thread (post #125)

It worked perfectly for me:
    but if i delete westeros how i play ?

hey, i've been playing the submod, great btw
    but something i've noticed is that Edric Storm is apparently not working to have as a king, i get him to become king, but once he is king and married and such, the family tree is empty, i married him to Arianne Martel, and the only people on the tree was her grandparents, so if you could add Edric into Renlys family tree as the son of Robert (he beeing dead ofc) i think it would fix these issues, but they arent any gamebreaking issues though.
    as i said, Great mod

nvm worked 1!!

FOR ANYONE CRASHING OFF START
    I was also having troubles when i first started with the enhanced mod today. It would start loading M2TW page and then crash with a blank error w just the "!" but I believe I figured it out
    Bear with me, some of this will definitely be new but I found a way by trial and error and combining things everyone else has done, so I would suggest trying it all.

1. Post 125 has instructions on finding the file in app data you want to eliminate. the folder is hidden so its easiest to type it all into the address bar
    (app data, local, ...etc then once into medieval go to mods and delete westeros folder)

2. Make sure you rename the original 0.53 a folder in your mods section to anything else...have fun with this ie Asbesteros, Testeros...

3. now the hard part of renaming is out of the way...unzip the enhanced file into mods folder

4. To start up the game, dont use the original shortcut, because that just continued resulting in immediate crashes.

5. Go into PFiles, Sega, Medieval, MODS, then Westeros (so the enhanced sub mod) and double click the Westeros batch file. Wait a few seconds or so for it to start before you start griefing and hopefully its problem solved.

(Alternatively I did try changing the location of the original shortcut through its properties to no avail...easiest just to go through the folders)

The new version is online, sorry for the long wait.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

This submod is just epic.

One question though. Are there any modifications in the battle_models file?
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

"I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"