Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Default Re: Unoffical Westeros Submod

still downloading....

@A_B does that include not having 20 stacks of 1 unit each running around westeros for every AI faction

A Time For Wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by CptTripz View Post
    @A_B: Thx fpr the positive feedback. For myself i didnt try any ai mods till now, maybe i ll try this one. Does it improve the ai behavior or just increase gold / unit stats?
    If you haven't tried reallybadai, you're in for a treat. Its used in Stainless Steel and 3rd Age TW. It improves battle ai; more flanking, better use of archers and skirmishing, and he has it so that the AI will even deploy stakes (archers will do this mid-battle when threatened by cavalry - not super realistic, but definately more of a challenge).

It also effects strategic AI. Enemy defends important settlements more, builds up armies before attacking. It certainly isn't perfect, but a definate improvment.

Another mod someone wrote for Stainless Steel four will bring factions back from the dead - like in MTW1. If key homeland provinces of a dead faction become very unhappy, then they can spawn between 1 and 6 stacks of 'patriots' who want to remake their faction. It could be modified for just a few factions, to make the late game more interestings.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by lh197 View Post
    still downloading....

@A_B does that include not having 20 stacks of 1 unit each running around westeros for every AI faction
    It helps with this quite a bit, but doesn't solve it entirely.

here is the link;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1745
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";

So, when I select a faction and press start, it just goes back to the main menu? slightly confused.

A Time For Wolves...

Sounds like something went wrong with your install. You have patched Kingdoms right? Or maybe your download is just ed up, the .rar file is supposed to be like 153 mb big. Otherwise checking your westeros.system.log.txt in the logs folder might help.

Quote Originally Posted by lh197 View Post
    So, when I select a faction and press start, it just goes back to the main menu? slightly confused.
    I have the same problem... :S

1...cpt tripz forgot to delete his save games before ziping the pack....or maybe his included cfg. is configured to not autosave and so when you click "continue campaign" you load his save games etc...delete those too ,it might help

2...when a game "semi-crashes" by returning to the selection screen ,there's most probably something wrong with descr_strat...personally .,i haven't had any problems ...

maybe you changed something in the way ?

I wouldn't know how to change something with descr_strat..

A Time For Wolves...

Capt. Tripz - I modded the EDB so that each faction has its own unique barracks structure. It helps prevent both the player and AI from blitzing. Starks retain the original barracks, stable, archery range setup - to make that faction a little harder (thats who I'm playing as). All other factions get horse, foot and missle units from a single type of barracks. Time to recruit units has been increased, so all armies will have higher percentage of Levy types.

I'm happy to pass it along to you if you'd like to add it.

Have you thought of combining Khatmar's Houses and Dynasties mod with this, to add titles to all the major Lords? It'd be great to be able to use both.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=469395

I'm assuming that if we simply added his updated files to your mod ourselves, it would have undesirable effects?

@lh197 and Burztur: I dont what went wrong with your install, the mod seems to be working for everybody else. Post your westeros.system.log.txt from your log folder and i might be able to figure out why it is not working for you.

@A_B: Can you upload those files so i may take a look at them? Since i dont play the starks very much i dont know if it realy makes sense to give everybody else an advantage but i could include this as an optional file or something like that.

@TouchyAndalou: I dont think it would be to much work to make those two compatible. I will give that mod a closer look in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by CptTripz View Post
    @TouchyAndalou: I dont think it would be to much work to make those two compatible. I will give that mod a closer look in the next couple of days.
    Great, thanks for that!

Cpt Tripz;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3487
    The stark buiding three could easily be brought up to the standards of the other factions. I included other changes - unit sized brought up - mostly for spearmen types. Changed some unit stats. Added recruit priority and speed modifier.

The changes I made to character traits and ancillaries were changing many of the 'command' increases with 'morale' increases, since this seems a more realistic way a good leader would effect his men - making them willing to stand and fight.

Use any parts you like and don't worry about crediting - this is all very minor stuff.
    Last edited by A_B; August 28, 2011 at 08:30 PM.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

when i tried to download the file icon was just a white paper so when i clicked on it it asked me to find a program or use internet explorer.... how do i fix this? this happens with other mods too if they dont have an installer

Went for a fresh download now I have internet of a speed faster than that used in the Dark Ages, and the file ended up bigger but still no luck, so here's the system log..

or here it would be were it not too big for the upload limit, so Mediafire it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwkof84x0drf5tf

A Time For Wolves...

@A_B: I just looked over your files quickly. I got a few questions here: what changes did you do to the descr_cultures.txt, export_descr_character_traits.txt and export_descr_ancillaries.txt files? The changes to the descr_strat.txt look pretty fine so far, guess i'll put that in when i upload a new version. Regarding the recruitment system i think i will further slow down the time it takes to replenish the pools but i think i will still use the archery ranges and stables as i did before.

@lh197: Looks like the game is unable to create the settlements i put in. Deleting your map.rwm might fix that. Did you unpack the .rar into an existing westeros folder or renamed the old one like i suggested?

@MagUidir: Sounds like you dont have winrar installed on your system.

could i ask a favor ? could you maybe enable the eastern_european culture for the ironborn (Holy Roman Empire/hre) ???

or just tell me how it's done if it ain't something reallly complicated ?

thanks

I renamed like you said, where is the map.rwm?

edit: found, deleted, still no joy
    Last edited by lh197; August 29, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

A Time For Wolves...

Cpt Tripz -

desc_cultures.txt - made forts cost 5,000. a personal preference - forts can off a real advantage to the human player, so I think they should cost a lot.

descr_sm_factions (don't know if I included this one) - I changed all factions family trees from Yes to No, except Starks. That way, the faction wouldn't go all rebel if you kill the faction leader off too early. That just took the fun out when I killed Joffrey and Tommen. The faction went all rebel, and they are so non-aggressive as to be no fun to fight.

export_descr_character_traits.txt and export_descr_ancillaries.txt - made it harder to get command stars, by doubling the threshold, and also converting some increase/decrease in command to increase/decrease in morale instead.

I would relook at the recruitment rates. They are slower than in any mod I've ever seen. 0.08 being an average and some rates being 0.04 for mid level barracks. That is only on unit ever 12 to 25 turns.

Default Re: [Submod] Enhanced 0.53

Great work
    +rep to you, good sir

rules all