Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Default Re: [Submod] Enhanced 0.53

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon NL View Post
    Well making babies isn't that hardin Westeros, practically every princess has (near) full charm so they all get perfect angelic children
    what we really need is a San Andreas-esque minigame for that part of the game..

A Time For Wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by lh197 View Post
    what we really need is a San Andreas-esque minigame for that part of the game..
    A Hot Hippocras sub-mod?

I just installed the mod today and I'm impressed. The Martells actually look appealing to play as now. I'll give them a try.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

well turn like 47 and i have two marriage alliances... King Robb to Asha and Prince Bran to Princess Arianne Martell... needless to say Ash jumped Robb's bones pretty quick bc she had a kid within 3 turns lol... Bran was a bit more shy took him till he was almost 17 before he took interest in His wife's Honeypot. Now i have 2 children a piece from both couples and Rickon is age 9.... wonder who i can marry him off to.... any ideas?

Shireen? Then you have allies in all four corners of the compass.

I noticed it said Jaime was married to Cersei, and that she was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    That bugged me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    I made it that way because Jaime is a knight of the kingsguard and should not be able to marry anyone...and i wanted to include him in the family tree as well.

is there any way ,to "overide" this ? maybe by leaving the "cersei" tooltip (?) blank ?? don't really know if you get what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by CptTripz View Post
    I made it that way because Jaime is a knight of the kingsguard and should not be able to marry anyone...and i wanted to include him in the family tree as well.
    I personally think this was a great solution, even though she is marked as dead, maybe we can think of it as she is dead to him? lol, the best way to put him in the family tree while also making sure he follows his Kingsguard vows. Well, at this point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    anyone besides me hardly have any kids? when i was Joff i was married for over 6 years and nothing... he was even married to Arianne Martell! <----- great stats for making babies by the way!
    I don't understand this, before my game crashed on every single faction that i've played, (renly twice, tully twice, stannis once, and stark once) Each main family member, like robb, renly and bran, have had four kids. Every single time. The only exception was stannis, who had three, not counting Shireen.
    However, I also changed the game so they aged every 4 years instead of every ten, so most likely that would be why.

Finally fixed my medieval 2 installation and now i`m able to play again. Ofc, i`m using your wonderful submod and it`s pretty fun so far. Especially the Martells make fun now; Just defeated a host of Heavy Tyrell Infantry with just a few spearmen, Horsearchers and Oberyn.

But now i`m gonna play as the Greyjoys for a bit..

There`s plenty of Gold
    So i`ve been told
    Way out in Casterly Rock!

But anyway, i have a small suggestion for now:

-Add Pikemen to the Factions. I think every faction except Greyjoy and Martell should have access to them.

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

Can you give a step-by-step walkthrough of how to install this......... please I'm dumb

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Add Pikemen to the Factions. I think every faction except Greyjoy and Martell should have access to them.
    Great idea, I'm not sure but aren't pikemen mentioned a good deal during the second book? Also, the Starks should have longbows, I'm pretty sure somewhere it was mentioned in the book that they had them, even if they weren't as strong, I think it would make a good addition.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

it seems game crashes when the 5th son comes of age.
    try to solve it by going into \data folder and open
    descr_campaign_db.xml with notepad\textpad
    find the line
    <max_number_of_children uint="5"/>

and change "5" to "4"
    save and exit.

not save-compatible unfortunately

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

So, fought about 40 battles with the Ironborn; Never lost one so far and the Lannisters.. Well, not even a shade of their former kingdom remains. I think they have around two settlements left in the east; But the Westerlands practically belong to the Ironborn now. Oh, and they still have a fort garrisoned with a huge stack and Tyrek Lannister somewhere near my Border to the Tyrells. (Seriously? The a.i uses Forts? Okay.)

I haven`t fought against Jaime or Tywin yet, but Kevan has been killed and Ser Gregor Clegane was slain by Victarion himself.

My Reputation is ruined though- Exterminating every settlement and killing every single Prisoner.. (But that also quenches Unrest- I forgot to exterminate Lannisport, though, and it haunts me. The huge Squalor keeps bothering me and the happiness is yellow- But you know, that isn`t a big Problem..)

And all my Generals seem to be Axe Crazy, even those who have no dread yet. I wanted to Level my Harlas up and so i fought a battle with him- At that point he had no dread or chivalry and the beginning of his speech was pretty harmless, he praised the holy roman empire, gave some sound tactical advice.. And then he begun to speak about how he wants to walk through the blood of his enemies, how he wants to fill barrels with it, how sweet it is.. And he talked for quite some time. Pretty impressive, even my Euron called the Wrathful (Who is also dangerously mad) gives less bloody speeches. Ofc, after that Heroic Victory and executing several hundred Prisoners (e.g Several thousand Gold pieces.) He got a few points of Dread and was adopted by Euron.

So far i have experienced no crashes yet and i`m having much fun. A few additional points:

1. The Ironborn should be able to recruit Priests. In the Books some other Priests are mentioned; Damphair wasn`t the only one.

2. The Ironborn should have access to a Two-Handed Axe Unit that isn`t a Bodyguard. At the Moment they haven`t got much unit variety.

3. You should have a look at the Requirements for the Mercenary Guild again. I acquired the Master Mercenary Guild in Pyke after like 20 Turns which gave me access to some pretty strong Sellswords- I think it makes the Game a bit too easy.

4. If you are able to you could add the Shieldwall Ability to some Ironborn Units- It is mentioned that they used that tactic in the Books.

I`m sure i have more- But at the moment i can`t recall it.

Where do i put the file in the Westeros folder?

Hey Cpt any updates on what we could do to prevent the ctd? Goin to try out Kilic's suggestion thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    it seems game crashes when the 5th son comes of age.
    try to solve it by going into \data folder and open
    descr_campaign_db.xml with notepad\textpad
    find the line
    <max_number_of_children uint="5"/>

and change "5" to "4"
    save and exit.

not save-compatible unfortunately
    Would be awesome if that is what causes the ctd, i looked through a couple of files the last few days but i didnt find anything yet. Thx for your help bro! I'll test that soon and upload a fixed version with a few more characters if it works.

@Lordinquisitor: Yea, the ironborn roster isnt realy complete. The thing is i didnt find any more vanilla units that fit in their roster. Any suggestions here?
    The requirements for the guilds definatley need a look over.
    I like the shieldwall idea, guess something like that will be in in the new version.
    Thx for feedback.

@ProphetOfWolves: You find the file in the data folder.

@Cillian: Just put the westeros folder to your mtw2 mods folder and start the westeros.bat.

About the Pikemen: They are mentioned in the books but i think of them more as spearmen with longer spears then some kind of phalanx unit. Atm i am pretty unsure if i ll put them back in.

Not really sure about the axemen- Maybe the Varangian Guard? Sami Axemen, Norse axemen?

Quote Originally Posted by CptTripz View Post
    @ProphetOfWolves: You find the file in the data folder.
    So I swap out the RAR files?