Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Quote Originally Posted by matekaitis View Post
    All i did was installed alpha and extracted enhanced to the mod folder. i didnt rename or change anything. i always launch from the desktop icon, its enhanced not alpha becuase the enhanced version is supose to overwrite some of the alpha files like a patch would do. You have to move the enhanced version and merge it with the westeros folder located in the mod folder. overwrite all files.
    Desktop icon doesn't work for me. It says it can't find Kingdoms.exe .

Mine does the same thing Im really frustrated I have 64 bit windows and have downloaded the installer but still crashes after I start I get the black screen of death. I wish I was a programmer.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

A question to the mod author - what do you think about adding skirmish infantry for Dorn? Like Roman legions in RTW, but less armoured. This will be according to the book lore.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

hi i was just wondering does this work with the westeros mod or is it stand alone;

Quote Originally Posted by prayingmantis View Post
    hi i was just wondering does this work with the westeros mod or is it stand alone;
    It is stand alone; it is placed as a separate folder in the Mod directory.

Commanding House Baratheon of Dragonstone in War of the Throne

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe12 View Post
    Desktop icon doesn't work for me. It says it can't find Kingdoms.exe .
    Did the same for me because i installed it wrong. You don't have to set "mods" as destination folder, just point for the main M2TW folder and the mod will install itself in the "mods" folder.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

I recently put a clean version of M2TW on my pc because despite playing the .53 mod and having downloaded this enhancement i did not see any differences between the two so i decided to redownload the mod first and examine the differences myself. At first i simply put it in the M2TW folder but it does not make its way to the mods folder only placing itself in the M2TW folder lists. Next i tried renaming the original westeros folder as stated on the first page but that did not work either. So i manually placed the folder over the existing Westeros folder in the mods subsection and replaced any item that was conflicting with the enhancement. Under this method the mod executes but quickly exits before making it to the loading screen. So what i am wondering here is where did i go wrong? Iv read every page of this thread and have tried first simply placing in the folder (which works, but i am suspicious that the file that is executed is .53 rather than this), renaming the original westeros folder does not work at all with an error arriving before any screens loads, and saving the folder over the existing one seems to have the right effect (because i notice the different loading screen than the one i have been playing on for quite some time) but as stated earlier it errors out before i can make it to the starting menu. Any help would be much appreciated

do I have to download the alpha to play this or can I simply download this?

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

For those who seem to have an issue downloading and installing the mod here it is in all its glory.
    Just unzip it into your M2TW mod folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?opcyj7gvh5kc7u7
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Do i copy and replace over the existing files Westeros files in the mods section?

Just delete your westeros mod. that is a fully working version, placing it in your folder is all that is needed.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

Just delete your westeros mod. That is a fully working version, placing it in your folder is all that is needed.

Iv deleted the existing Westeros mod and replaced it with this one but still to no avail.

Well it has nothing to do with the mod then.

I deleted the old Westeros fold, then I put the enhanced version in the mods folder...

But then it was crashing, so a I took game from the programs file, and placed it in the Games file.
    Works perfectly... to run I use the batch file inside the westeros folder

I appreciate the help but for whatever reason it just wont work. I guess god is sending me a sign that i was never intended to play the enhanced mod.

Is there any way to fix the 100 turn glitch because I was watching a Westeros total war video on YouTube and their game did not crash at turn 100 (they did have your mod).

I have regularly gone past turn 100, as far as I know the glitch is not set in stone.

Do i need to download previous version of mod? If i don't how can i launch the mod?

It's a standalone version. Just download, extract it to mods folder in your Medieval folder and run the Westeros.bat.