Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Default Re: Unoffical Westeros Submod

Hey CptTripz, sorry to bother you again asking stupid questions but in case you didn't realize
    But I was wondering, is making the generals age a year faster or slower an easy to do? I got 50 turns into Stannis Campaign oh hard diff, managed to capture all of Joffery's settlements but only Stannis' original daughter (forgot her name) got to 16, with a two younger siblings, the boy was only 2.... I'd like to change the setting to age every five turns but I'm unsure how. Is it complicated? Or just a matter of knowing where to look?
    Thanks a lot for taking time to update the mod, we all really appreciate it!

its ten turns per year so....

@CptTripz
    Downloaded the 24/08 version and tried again but still it crashes. Anything else you can think could have caused the crash other than the ancillary file?

@Enferfeu: You can change the turns per year in the descr_strat.txt file but to let the characters age correctly you will also need to adjust the campaign_script.txt. With 10 turns per year you have to play a very long game to let anyone come of age but imo this is just better then have Stannis die of old age before you can finish the game.

@jose fookes: Was the .rar folder you downloaded named westeros24-08.rar? Did you delete your old folder? I did two quick tests yesterday with Martell and Stark and both games worked fine till turn 100 so i am pretty confident that this is working correctly. Remeber that this is not save game compatible.

Anyone else with a CTD with the new version?

Currently downloading, expect some feedback soon.

Downloading at a rate of of 9.5 Kb/s. I miss uni internet. Will give you some feedback when it downloads around Christmas, then start downloading 1.0 in time for next summer

A Time For Wolves...

Tripz, what AI are you using in this mod?
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

I copied over the alpha mod, so that will probably be the problem? should i just delete the one in my MTW folder and download again. The save file was from the first mod and not from the alpha

@lh197: 9,5 Kb/s...oh my....this somehow reminds me of my childhood.

@A_B: I havent changed the ai at all for now.

@jose fookes: Yep, you should just rename your old folder and make a new install from the westeros24-08.rar. This will still not work with any savegames from the other version.

....damn!! thanks anyway, great mod

Great mod! Now waiting for the Bolton faction

Could someone maybe upload his animation folder for me? Whenever i install a version of westeros total war my animations are missing. Quite vexing. ^^

Last edited by Evilstein; August 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

Thanks for the help Cpt, just something I'd thought I try to play around with. I understand the reasoning behind the decision, but as heard somewhere round in these forums. If you don't like something bout a game, change it! (I was thinking of doing 6 turns per year, which wouldn't be a huge change but still lessen the time for a coming of age from 140, to 82? turns. A huge difference if you ask me )
    Great mod though, just makes me look forward to the full version all the more! Keep up the good work guys.

actually just bought IDM after my download of this got interrupted for the 3rd time.

A Time For Wolves...

Too bad, seems like i won`t be playing this submod any time soon.. My Medieval 2 installation is seriously messed up; All kinds of things are missing.. Probably because i unpacked the Medieval 2 files.

/Unless someone uploads their working version. Hehe
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; August 25, 2011 at 03:08 PM.

mmm...have you disabled catapults and trebuchets ? i 'm quite sure that joffrey and stannis had em...maybe also some of the other factions would know how to build em..

JonDarkstar's Avatar Foederatus

When I download this I only get the rar file. Is this supposed to happen?

I have to say I'm having a lot of fun with this mod. Playing Starks - hurt Lannisters (Killed Jamie) then marched on Kings landing. Couldn't take it though. Joffrey's armies are too large. So I've had to back off and try to build back up. A lot more fun that the regular beta, where it was much easier to steamroll.

I did add 'really bad ai' which is really good battle and strategic AI.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

@Noobas: Siege engines or out because i hate to encounter them in fieldbattles which i think i rly unrealistic. If i would know how to make them buildable at a siege liege rams and towers i would but them back in that way.

@JonDarkstar: Yep, thats working as intended. Extract the westeros folder from the .rar file to your mtw mods folder and start the .bat inside the folder to play. Dont forget to rename your old westeros folder if you have allready installed 0.53.

@A_B: Thx fpr the positive feedback. For myself i didnt try any ai mods till now, maybe i ll try this one. Does it improve the ai behavior or just increase gold / unit stats?