Thread: Could someone "school" me on how to leave an invisible background after a render using GIMP?

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Default Could someone "school" me on how to leave an invisible background after a render using GIMP?

Any advice fully appreciated...

Default Re: Could someone "school" me on how to leave an invisible background after a render using GIMP?

Maybe this thread could be into the Help Section, no ?

I don't know concerning the GIMP function, but into Photoshop, you need to have some transparent part into your pictures.
    And after that you must save your picture as a .PNG, or any other type of file, who keep the transparent part into the final version.

Hope this will help you. Maybe it's the same into GIMP.

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Default Re: Could someone "school" me on how to leave an invisible background after a render using GIMP?

"Raster file formats that support transparency include GIF, PNG, BMP and TIFF, through either a transparent color or an alpha channel."
    P.S. Could a mod. move this? Thanks.
    Last edited by Sniper_LTU; August 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM.

but , can png. files be used in place of tga. ones for mod purposes in med2 tw ? let's say for portraits

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

If TGA is what is required, no.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan