Thread: A Proper War

Laetus

Default A Proper War

Well, I bought NTW, thinking that a massive blow-to-blow war with with the Coalition/France. Well, I was dissapointed, I often find myself marching into towns with little resistance against me, and the enemy troops very rarely attack me. In short, wars tend to be very short-lived and not war-like. So, I am asking the forums help on how to make wars into actual wars, which are more like professional boxing with round heaping, punch-for-punch action, instead of little fisticuff wars. Just for indication, i'm on M/M.

Default Re: A Proper War

Bump it up to VH/VH?

LordMichael's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ERommel View Post
    Bump it up to VH/VH?
    Yes, I always play on AT LEAST hard. They very rarely attack you on medium, they also very rarely have naval invasions or co-ordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Krepe View Post
    i'm on M/M.
    I feel like this is self explanatory... not hard enough? up to VH/VH, and let france expand a bit before you attack them. Otherwise they will focus solely on defending from you instead of fighting the other coalition members!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

My PC must be magical or something cuz i normally play on m/m and its not at all like what the OP has described, but yeah if its not tough enough you should do VH campaign and i would leave battles on M because all VH does for battles is give the ai units a massive stat bonus, it doesnt make them any smarter or more coordinated

Vivat Imperator's Avatar Tiro

Well, if you're playing as any of the major nations on medium, you're going to have a cakewalk. You need to bump up the difficulty if you're a major nation (or, if you're a minor nation and want it really hard!). Also, as a major nation it'd be easy, in reality, to brush over the minor nations and take control quite easily, whereas I find that attacking the other major factions does take some effort.

I'm currently playing as the Republic of Italy with Napoleon Total Factions and I must say, I love the challenge of being on hard and having to really keep a tight rein on my resources and diplomacy.
    JVSTITIA REGNORVM FVNDAMENTVM