Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 17.05.2014 - first units for AMN

Thank you all for your support!

one question all units of the factions will use textures? there will Banilla kobols Gnolls goblins orc etc
    Im not sure I know what you mean. There will be orcs and goblins for sure, kobolds and gnolls for now I dont know because I dont have models for them.

Let me say like this, at this point I can promise there will be units of humans, orcs, goblins, elves, undead, but since majority of units are human I am focusing on them first. Later I will do other races units that I can do right now: orcs, elves, undead, goblins. For orcs Im using reskinned human models, same works for the elves, for the undead there are some free models Im going to use, and for goblins I got permission from TATW to use their moria goblin model.

When I do all them, I will look for gnoll, giant, kobold, minotaur, ogre, lizardmen and maybe other models for the monster units.

Also since you ask about orcs, many orc units have been done earlier and are ready for beta more or less already:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Orcish Tribal Hunters

Orcish Tribal Warriors

There are other orc units too, heavy infantry with spears and axes, but I cant find the pictures of them on the forums. I could do some new screenshots if you really want to see them, but they were presented in this thread some time ago (like a year ago or earlier ).

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 17.05.2014 - first units for AMN

I Loveeeeeeeeeeeee your project
    Im sorry my english is bad I wanted to know if there would be monsters because in the world of D & D there till four manual of monsters I love all your textures orcs are very similar to the original books
    good job

All them pics look fantastic.

About getting models from other projects (such as TATW), have you talked to the devs of either of the Wahammer mods? I know lots of the models are inherently different, ie. orcs (I hate the Warhammer orc look), but you might be able to some stuff like hydras, minotaurs and demons from them.

Thanks guys, no I havent talked to Warhammer devs yet. I will ask them, or other fantasy mods dev groups if I could use some of their models, but probably I'll do that when I have more human factions done. Like I said before, at this moment Im focusing on doing the human units, then will focus on the other races and monsters.

Its very likely that Ill be asking around about those monster models when I get to Thayan and Mulhorandi rosters, because they have monsters and beasts in their armies.

Thanks for your support!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 17.05.2014 - first units for AMN (page 25)

This is progressing well, I'm excited to see the vastly different factions completed.

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW :Updated 17.05.2014 - first units for AMN (page 25)

Hmm yeah, I want to see them too, but first I need to make them and that is sometimes problematic...

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

It does look like quite a lot of work based on the size of the map and the apparent uniqueness of many factions.

I Love your mod
    would be interested in helping everything possible within my means

Thank you, thats very nice. I sent you an invitation to our social group where we coordinate our work on the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post

Im not sure I know what you mean. There will be orcs and goblins for sure, kobolds and gnolls for now I dont know because I dont have models for them.

Let me say like this, at this point I can promise there will be units of humans, orcs, goblins, elves, undead, but since majority of units are human I am focusing on them first. Later I will do other races units that I can do right now: orcs, elves, undead, goblins. For orcs Im using reskinned human models, same works for the elves, for the undead there are some free models Im going to use, and for goblins I got permission from TATW to use their moria goblin model.

When I do all them, I will look for gnoll, giant, kobold, minotaur, ogre, lizardmen and maybe other models for the monster units.

Also since you ask about orcs, many orc units have been done earlier and are ready for beta more or less already:

Orcish Tribal Hunters

Orcish Tribal Warriors

There are other orc units too, heavy infantry with spears and axes, but I cant find the pictures of them on the forums. I could do some new screenshots if you really want to see them, but they were presented in this thread some time ago (like a year ago or earlier ).
    nice, really` nice !

Slurm's Avatar Foederatus

when will we see more units and stuff?cant wait

Sorry but Ive been busy with RL stuff last weeks so wasnt working on the mod that much. If I get more some time and energy for modding, will finish the units for Amnish roster (1-2 weeks if I have time).

Assubranippal have already done great job with Calimshan research so when I finish Amn will do Calimshan units (most of them at least). After that I dont know, it will be either going back to map development or continue with other factions units.

You must be patient because Im working on this alone, and if not for assurbanippal's help with research it would take me even longer to produce the skins for Tethyr, Amn and so on. It is not easy to make a mod like this alone, even with researchers help, and I do get discouraged sometimes and not work on it everyday. Plus I have my own life problems that are getting in the way from time to time so I cant always focus on modding. Sorry if its dissapointing, but its also dissapointing for me to have to do everything on my own. On times its really hard.

Slurm's Avatar Foederatus

sorry man, wasnt on my purpose get you hurry, I understand and everyone I suppose that RL is the first. I hope you can get some kind of help soon.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Wow, looking really good vladyvid. +rep

Also, take your time, RL should come first always. And the best mods shouldn't be rushed. I think many TW-ers will look forward for this. Keep it up .
    Last edited by xxxMoRaVexxx; June 02, 2014 at 12:39 AM.

Civis

What time frame are you working with? Is this going to be pre-obould? or are you basing this solely on the campaign setting and none of the books on the setting?

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post

Orcish Tribal Hunters

Orcish Tribal Warriors

Maybe you can get skins from "Temple of Elemental Evil" for some things idk exactly how that works but there are a ton! Orcs, gnolls ,bugbears, goblins, ogres, ettins etc they have a huge modding community that constantly post stuff you could ask them http://www.co8.org/forum/ hope this is helpful
    Last edited by sickNsane; June 17, 2014 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sickNsane View Post
    What time frame are you working with? Is this going to be pre-obould? or are you basing this solely on the campaign setting and none of the books on the setting?
    The planned campaign start year is 1372 Dale Reckoning, but may be changed to 1371 because the Shadovar is no longer included in the faction roster. That is the time of Obould the first, time when his kingdom of Many-Arrows gained official recognition abroad - Silver Marches recognised Many-Arrows as a sovereign state in 1371DR. This mod is based on the campaign setting of Faerun pre-4th edition (mostly 3 and 3,5).

Fresh face on the forums just so I could post here. I've often wondered about a strategic game for Faerun, most likely as a mod, so you can imagine how much I'd love to see it work for M:TW2!

If you've got room for another helper I'd like to join the social group. I'm a Forgotten Realms loremonkey and can help with any research or lore-friendly balancing still necessary, especially if it reduces mapping stress. I'm not much for modding myself but I do have some friends with unit/building balance and mod compatibility experience. Just depends what's needed at this stage, I guess.

Cheers for the effort thus far and amen to RL messing with projects. I'll gladly follow this at least.

Civis

Default Re: Faerun Total War - mod idea

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    Sorry, I thought you wanted to write "That", instead of "Thay". I was wondering why more religions should be overpowered

Will you integrate the classes of the games (like paladin, warrior, mage, etc)? Those classes could be a trait giving bonuses.
    A paladin could get piety, chivalry and troop morale, while a warrior could get command and hit points. And by winning battles, their level grows (more bonuses, up to epic levels).
    I'd love that

Brilliant Idea Imo!

Domesticus

Hello!

How's the work of your mod?

When will a future beta version?