Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1172

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW / Last Preview - page 49/06 May 2018

I just post to tell that im not sure if i can make my preview in May. I may or may not be able to post it this thursday, but im not sure because the Bear Form Druids model i made requires some fine-tuning as far as bone assignment/animation goes that will take more time than i anticipated to get it right. Im using vanilla anims for that, so it takes a bit of trial and error to get the bone assignment right, because the model is humanoid but the human skeleton doesnt exactly fit right because its more like a werebear than a human. No matter, ill get it done one way or another.
    Last edited by Vladyvid; June 18, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Right in the meantime, I do have time for another type of preview : the interface for both Shadovar and Elves. Please note that the portraits are not the ones we will use for Shadovar.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Looking good mate

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

wrong update, deleted
    Last edited by Vladyvid; June 18, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW

Been closely following this mod since 2012, and I am glad you are still making progress - absolutely can't wait to see it completed

PS. those Moonshae models were wonderful, Vladyvid.

Thanks Arclath! I know youve been a supporter for a long time and im glad you are still around. With the rest of the team, it is our goal to make the first release of the mod still this year. I reckon more likely end of the year. We are doing that regardless, the only question is how many factions will get 'placeholder' units (ideally none).

Im now kinda tired atm and i need a break to regain somewhat sober perspective on my own (mod) work results because i slip into the "i dont really know" territory as far as my accessments and i cant carry on like that.

I think i will return at the end of this month, or early July, or later who knows, and update the first post and such. Others continue with their tasks, so the mod will be still progressing.

Thanks all, and see you!
    Last edited by Vladyvid; July 12, 2018 at 05:26 AM.

I am also following your mod still, and glad to see you are still working on it. I'm the guy who did the faction descriptions a while back, not sure if you're using them.

Thx for your support mapolq, yeah we will use for sure, as far as ive read they are cool
    In the other hand i expect to introduce unther units in game within this month

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Yeah thanks guys for the support !

Maploq of course we are using them ! And if you want to write more, we're still interested

Hi there Faerun TW team!

First of all, the modification looks glorious. Now, I have a couple of questions for you since you're in hard work on an overhaul modification and we'd appreciate some information for the development of our historical modification Anno Domini 973.

1) What CAI are you going to use for your modification and how does it handle PSFs? Have you done some of your own work on the CAI?
    2) What BAI are you going to use for your modification and have you done some work on it? What did you focus on when choosing a BAI if you did?

Any general comments you could make on AI strengths and deficincies are more than welcome.

Thank you for your time, and I'll be more than glad to test out your modification once you release it!

Good luck!

Dominik

Sorry for my late response, but i was on holidays. Now im back to normal work life, and back to the modding aswell.

I am also following your mod still, and glad to see you are still working on it. I'm the guy who did the faction descriptions a while back, not sure if you're using them.
    Yes i believe so, I PMed you.

Hi there Faerun TW team!

First of all, the modification looks glorious. Now, I have a couple of questions for you since you're in hard work on an overhaul modification and we'd appreciate some information for the development of our historical modification Anno Domini 973.

1) What CAI are you going to use for your modification and how does it handle PSFs? Have you done some of your own work on the CAI?
    2) What BAI are you going to use for your modification and have you done some work on it? What did you focus on when choosing a BAI if you did?

Any general comments you could make on AI strengths and deficincies are more than welcome.

Thank you for your time, and I'll be more than glad to test out your modification once you release it!

Good luck!

Dominik
    Thank you Dominick for your kind words about our mod, I'm glad you like it.

As far as your questions, having your best interest in mind, i don't think i'm the person to ask about the AI, honestly.

Basicly, im totally ignorant when it comes to that issue, I'm affraid. I mean that i totally know nothing about modding AI, or maybe im just not aware of some of its aspects that we have already modded. Nonetheless, to the best of my knowledge, as a mod team we have not really focused our attention at reworking the original AI in some special ways.

My idea about the whole AI question is, that we just leave it for later after we have all the other pieces in place.

At the same time, this mod includes elements which are not present in the original game at all, both in the campaign and battle settings, so that is something new for the AI to deal with, but is that changing the AI? Maybe, is my best guess.

Good luck with your own mod Dominick, i will keep an eye on it!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - current situation - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now about the general status of the mod's development and team at this moment. I'm just back from my holidays, and Titus will be away until the end of this month. Assurbanippal is working on implementing his Unther roster to the game. Before my holidays I completed several orcish units for the Many-Arrows roster, so I will now focus on finishing that up (6 units are completed and 3 work in progress, most of the roster).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - previews ? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would like for us to have a nice big update - preview after everyone is back from their holidays, so when Titus is back - probably that would be early september. Before that, there could be some smaller previews by individual team members, maybe, like for example i have many units but would prefer to show even more later. What i would intend to do before the big preview, would be to start updating the first post of this topic. Could be a good thing to do.

Also, some time ago we have been asked by a staff member here on TWC about a public announcement, so we will probably try to use that opportunity and this next big preview could be first announced by the TWC, who are very community-oriented by allowing people like us to develope their mods here, for which we are all on the team very thankful!

Thank you TWC and any supporters!

Andriscus's Avatar Libertus

Glad to see this mod is still going, have been following its progress for a long time - looking forward to seeing the results of all your hard work

Good to see you mate! As one of our original team members you still have access to our social group forums and can see what we are doing if you like, lots of pics there too.

Unther roster is already game, they will be shown along with other teammates“ work, so in the meanwhile im gonna show some pre in game units from Cormanthyr roster thats an elven nation.

akh“velahr swordsmen nd spearmen ( common infantry)

akh“velarh archers nd horse archers (scouts)

protectors (nobles)

horse for the scouts

Last edited by assurbanippal; September 20, 2018 at 12:59 PM.

wizards from Cormanthyr

high akh faer

lesser akh faer

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

They look amazing!

many thx isa0005

finished cormanthyr roster, some r already in game, other not. here the rest of the units

swords of everska

Vale guards

coronal guards (mix wizard/warrior)

unicorn riders; only girls

unicorn

moon vaalry

moon horse

the models rnt finished yet, pieces arnt not joined nd so on so you can still see any odd thing or glitch
    Last edited by assurbanippal; November 19, 2018 at 07:14 PM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Personal disagreements/arguments are not relevent in this thread (nor are responses to them). Please do not post them again, or they are liable to be treated as disruptive posting, and that is something that I would rather avoid.

In advance, i'm sorry for my not fluent english

I'm a huge fan of the Forgotten Realms Settings since 1993 and also a TW Fan since the first Shogun (Except Empire TW, Pueghh!!). I've now daugthers and job, and i have not much time to play videogames... but looking for images for the tonight roleplay session (i play a priestess of Tempus, since... um... 2002, i think) i've found this Thread...

And i'm realli amazed for your HUGE work!!! I can't imagine the gargantuan tons of work behind the images you show. I really expect the MOD arrives to 100% some day, i've dreamed about a strategy game based in my favourite setting.

Millions of thanks to everyone involved. From heart. Nice job, guys

Thank you very much for the kind message VeldrinCuenca!

I know I haven't posted here for a long time, and that can understandably make people question if this mod is still being developed, or whether and when it will be finished.
    I know that last year I've been telling that we were going to release the first version by the end of last year, but what can i say, real life stuff complicated that.

Enf of Last Year
    By the end of last year, i was changing jobs and that kept me away from doing much modding, and right now im also changing jobs again because the last one turned out not as i expected. So that means even more delay for the mod on my part. Still, since my last post in this topic, a lot of stuff have been completed, some entire rosters were finished, and me, Titus and Assurbanippal have been all working on the mod as much as each of us could.

Current Situation
    We have enough new material to prepare an extensive update or presentation, but it takes quite a bit of time to put together such an update, and im sorry to say but personally id rather use the time i can to do the actual modding. Other guys are now also quite busy with RL, so i dont think we will be making any updates like that.

Progress / Completion

I know that this is super dry info, but maybe better than nothing: 13 factions rosters are basicly all completed. We have only 1 roster that has 0 units completed. All remaining rosters have 3-6 units completed in each of them. Other elements of the campaign are ready to play, we are only completing the rosters. All rosters consist of approx. 10-15 unique units each, and also there are several units (less than 10) shared among several (human) factions but for each faction with different texture. Those numbers dont include ships, siege engines, or agents, as these have been all already completed and implemented earlier.

I mean we still havent got things like our own custom campaign models for towns and such, but i dont think that is essential for the first release. For the first release the main components are: all factions rosters completed with all new models, detailed campaign map with over 500 named forts (minor settlements), inventory & items market feature, character alignments and other minor introductions of AD&D flavours wherever sensible.

Everything else could be added later if needed.
    I guess that would be all from me now.

I would like to thank everyone who is still interested in this mod. I think you will not be dissapointed.
    I would also like to thank the TWC staff for their support, and the fact that we have this platform here to be able to develope something.
    Last edited by Vladyvid; February 02, 2019 at 08:42 AM.