Thread: Saladin

Dogensu's Avatar Libertus

Default Saladin

When it says that Saladin has decalred himself sultan of egypt he doesnt show up. Yeah the scripts seem to work as later on it says crusader reqinforcements arrive (and they do!), but Saladin still doesnt show up! I dunno why. It still the same Sultan.

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Saladin

Sultan Yusuf is Saladin, Yusuf was his real name.
    My rig.

Gainward GTX 570
    Intel Core i-7 Sandybridge 2600K
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Z68 Motherboard
    8GB RAM
    2TB Hardrive
    850W Corsair PSU

Ok, this thread is over.
    My list of most anticipated mods:

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

His full name was al-Malik al-Nasir Salah al-Dunya wa'l-Din Abu'l-Muzaffar Yusuf Ibn Ayyub Ibn Shadi al-Kurdi.

It's "Sultan Yusuf" now, because we have some plans concerning the names in Broken Crescent. They will be displayed differently in subsequent versions. We have more or less specific idea on this, but there are still few things to be determined if whole thing has to work nicely.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Dogensu's Avatar Libertus

So very sorry for having wasted your time. I should have done a little more research before asuming it being an error.

its strange when i start as the Ayyubids in 2.3.2.2 the present Sultan is Yusuf then the script say Egyptian Revolted and Saladin is the new Sultan but he is the Sultan of the present? its kinda confusing and his heir was Uthman which is some way can't be used in character_reset Cheat....and one thing is when the event say the Pope has commenced a new Crusade (after taking Jerusalem) there is another script saying Crusaders have landed at the shore but then when i look at it there was just 2-3 units of Crusaders heading towards Dumyat???

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Yes, that's confusing, and the event will be removed and replaced by other events.

I'm not sure about the crusade, as I've never been particularly interested in them, but 2-3 units sounds too few. I think all crusades are rather two stacks.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Yes, that's confusing, and the event will be removed and replaced by other events.

I'm not sure about the crusade, as I've never been particularly interested in them, but 2-3 units sounds too few. I think all crusades are rather two stacks.

Thanks for pointing this out.
    So I wanted to add the broken crescent Salah-ad-din and his successor, portraits and general textures to my mod. Do you know how I could do this?
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed