Thread: Threat of Attack?

Default Threat of Attack?

Hey everyone, first off, THANK YOU DARTH FOR MAKING THIS MOD!!

I keep getting these threats of attacks from my nieghbors when I was playing the Taedka, I have trade rights with them.

I even have a vassal that does it, I have marriage, trade rights, and I pour money into them.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, please advise.

Default Re: Threat of Attack?

If i have a clan that should be subordinate to me doing this I just roll in and crush them, and re establish them as a vassal Stop giving them money, build up an army on thier borders (preferably hidden in forest) and wait for them to attack. When they do you dont loose any diplomatic relations form anyone. Then roll in and bust some heads.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

Make sure you keep the castles on your borders heavily garrisoned (full stacks if possible) to discourage neutral clans from thinking about attacking you. If you don't have many men and your towns are weak then the CAI will view you as an easy target, hence the 'Threat of Attack'. I find good relations with clans can mean very little if they have no other way to expand apart from declaring war on you.

If you've got the men, do as mentioned above and stomp them into the ground...setting up ambushes and luring other clans into declaring war and attacking what they think is a poorly defended settlement is a solid tactic. Takeda are great for this as there's lot of potential ambush sites in and around Shinano.
    Last edited by MJWilliams; August 21, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

I get this too very often.
    In my last Shimazu campaign, there was a message "Threat of atack: Date".
    That's like, the other side of japan...
    I think that this message shows up when you are at war with someone and are not (or very slowly) gaining territory (you being weak and/or vulnerable).
    This might trigger an event for a random ambitious/aggressive clan to make him attack you.
    I don't know if this is true, but this is what I think happens based on experience.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

50/50 TBH

Most of the times i have received this message i get slapped the next 1-3 turns by some erstwhile and what i thought of as a charming and pleasing ally/trade partner.

The other times something has intervened:
    -Ai loses its invasion fleet
    - rebellion
    etc

pretty much any of the global mechanics active at the turn resolution could change the situation but it doesn't change that specific clans intention so it might not happen for 10 turns or even more but it is coming......

hey guys! what kind of message is that? I never seen nothing similar!

I had this in my Hojo campaign once, for... about 30 turns that window just continued to say I was going to be attacked my the Satake (or Sotomi? I can't rember) very soon. I just kept recruiting military units -- apparently they intended to attack me but each season I increased the size of my army just enough to keep them off my back. I think that I at some point stopped recruiting units, and I was attacked. They were, of course, crushed like tiny insects.

Righteous Fury's Avatar Civis

This is odd as I used to get this message myself in all of my campaigns... but I am in year 1579 of my Shimazu campaign and have not received it, not even once!
    NEVER SUBMIT
    NEVER SURRENDER

Quote Originally Posted by someidiot777 View Post
    Hey everyone, first off, THANK YOU DARTH FOR MAKING THIS MOD!!

I keep getting these threats of attacks from my nieghbors when I was playing the Taedka, I have trade rights with them.

I even have a vassal that does it, I have marriage, trade rights, and I pour money into them.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, please advise.
    Weird, if you marriage with them, you 95% that clan u marriage will not betray you or assault. In my campaign, I get realm divided, I have many daughters so I make marriage with Uesugi and Date, they never betray me even I expand to the west aggressively. unless you harassed them in some way?

and its Takeda not Taedka lol. Fixed
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

If they are your vassals and you marry into their faction, they wouldn't attack you, even if they are bigger than you?

I would like to play again, but it become too depressing.