Thread: Darthmod co-op

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

Icon5 Darthmod co-op

Is it possible to play Dmod with 2x unit size, both me and my friend both selected the 2x unit + vanillia garrisons, and had unit scale on small , but no dice,

It seems that dmod co-op battles are different to solo , might just be me....but myself and my partner have the same preferences on the launcher.
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Default Re: Darthmod co-op

*disregard*

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Any mods currently on mP are almost impossible to play as everything needs to be an exact replica between the 2 players sometimes going down to the smallest script entry.

My advice is play vanilla, when CA stabilises the functionality hopefully the mods will then begin to rock the MP side too.

........thread closed: as the question as been answered many times, Pm me to reopen

I re-open it to say that you should first try to use one of the two MP Settings, the buttons up right in the launcher.
    Can you see each other by using one of these 2, both the same?

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

fair point my lord i have just been staying away from the MP stuff as it is too soul destroying...

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Tryed it with a friend and it worked just fine, you have to select the exact same settings on both machines though and because sometimes enabling certain options in the launcher disable others we enabled ours in the exact same order.

Sync with Steam> Install DMS and hit the default options button> MP Heavy/light options> Anything else.
    Last edited by Drowsy; August 22, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Ok thanks for the clarification, I'll use team viewer just to make sure that everything is exactly the same,

The only thing i have left to do are co-op campaigns ( since i want those achievements anyway) and i just can't play without darthmods battle mechanics etc..

It know it sounds awkward but i do considerably better in solo, (played VH/L) But when i play easy on dmod co op it seems like for instance my units get slaughtered as if it were vanilla.

Thanks anyway.
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU

Senator

I've tried a few Multiplayer Coop games now with my son over LAN and also with a mate over Internet.
    We are able to link up no problems by choosing MP heavy or Light, yet when we get into the game, the 2x units is not activated.
    Existing units are all the same size as Vanila, no mater if I set it to Small or Ultra on the host page.
    I am able to play with the 2x setting in singleplayer, is there anything else I need to do to enable 2x units on MP Coop campaign ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ialyxxiieee View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by zonks40 View Post
    I've tried a few Multiplayer Coop games now with my son over LAN and also with a mate over Internet.
    We are able to link up no problems by choosing MP heavy or Light, yet when we get into the game, the 2x units is not activated.
    Existing units are all the same size as Vanila, no mater if I set it to Small or Ultra on the host page.
    I am able to play with the 2x setting in singleplayer, is there anything else I need to do to enable 2x units on MP Coop campaign ?
    I think there shouldnt be a problem with the 2x unit sizes.You just both click on mp heavy or light settings from the launcher and you are ready to go.However when you do that,do not change the unit sizes in the game(from samll to ultra)because I think it deactivates the 2x.It works for me,that I can tell you.

Oh Ok , I'll use the mp/heavy / mp light settings , could i use some extra mods like extended campaign or lets say radious food mod(v1) ?
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Date-san View Post
    I think there shouldnt be a problem with the 2x unit sizes.You just both click on mp heavy or light settings from the launcher and you are ready to go.However when you do that,do not change the unit sizes in the game(from samll to ultra)because I think it deactivates the 2x.It works for me,that I can tell you.
    I have tried that, both choose heavy MP (have tried Light as well), nothing else touched, load up the game, checking the options in the main menu it says small for unit sizes, but in the Multiplayer coop menu it says Ultra, we have loaded it up and it gives us vanilla ultra sized units, tried loading it up changing to small, and it gives us vanilla small units, we can actually play a game and most of the Mod appears to have worked, yet the 2x units do not.

I've searched through the script and found no different settings for Multiplayer, we have even tried to manually change the script to increase the unit size and set the file for read only but it still will not deviate from the Vanilla sizes.

Obviously you guys have got it to work, so I must be doing something wrong, but I'm at wits end, I've tried everything to my knowledge.