Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

Default Re: CATW - Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

Added links for Resef's addon.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

debux's Avatar Senator

Jesus, and I thought this mod had died! Can't wait to test it out!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Added instructions for Steam users.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

I have a problem. Whenever I click on the shortcut it says "failed to find steam". I am not even using the steam version...

Quote Originally Posted by Slydessertfox2 View Post
    I have a problem. Whenever I click on the shortcut it says "failed to find steam". I am not even using the steam version...
    Very strange . Do you said you have CD version of RTW ? Are you sure you have installed the mod in the right place ?

Foederatus

Can anyone help, please - I need the CATW 1.1.4 patch. The original download link isn't working and the more recent megaupload link from January 19th brings up a notification that the megaupload site has been seized by US Federal authorities!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus Sertorius View Post
    Can anyone help, please - I need the CATW 1.1.4 patch. The original download link isn't working and the more recent megaupload link from January 19th brings up a notification that the megaupload site has been seized by US Federal authorities!!!

Thanks
    I removed the megaupload links days ago. The actual link at Moddb is 100% working, try to download the patch directly from GameFront : http://www.gamefront.com/files/21138...patch1.1.4.zip.

Foederatus

Thank you, Nelduin. The Moddb link must have suffered a temporary glitch. When I tried it again the next day it worked fine.

It is unavailable at the moment for me, Will try it in the morning

Just downloaded the newest patch + the add-ons. Looking forward to seeing how this works compared to the previous version.

New version of Resef's addon added in the OP.

There´s a moment in game (i´m sorry, i don´t know what is the specific moment) in which the count of years jumps suddendly to 20 AD( i can say that´s in the early turns, but i don´t know exactly when), and i was really surprised with it.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

if you were using my add-ons you forgot to activate the script before you pressed end-turn or you didn't terminate the script before loading a save game.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dursac View Post
    Hi guys, im new to modding games and I really need step by step process installing this because I have absolutely no idea what im doing lol.

I've followed all the instructions on the installation, when I load the game I can briefly see the CATW main menu then it crashes.

I cant seem to find out what I did wrong, so maybe you guys can tell me where I went wrong.

1. I deleted every Total War stuff in my program files and the patches. cleaned it all out so I start fresh.

2. Installed the RTW Patch 1.5 first

3. Run the mod and put it in Creative Assembly/Rome Total War forlder

4. Extracted the files patches 1.2 all the way to 1.4 and copy and pasted them in the CATW Data Folder. I did it manually because when I extacted it using Win Rar to the CATW Data folder, it encountered alot of errors..

5. There is no Shortcut (the Shoutcut icon is there but its just a white blank page)

---

Also, do I delete the original Rome Total War Data first before I localize the CATW Mod to Rome Total War Folder??

That is all I hope it It makes sense. A video tutorial or walkthrough would be great!

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus

no, do not delete RTW's original data folder! You did everything right except that. The creation of the shortcut icon is outlined in the OP but I'll restate it again
    >> How to create a new shortcut to play the mod:
    1. Make a copy of the Rome - Total War shortcut on your desktop or make a shortcut of RomeTW.exe (Obviously this shortcut must refer to the executable in the same folder than the catw folder - just in case you have more than one RTW installation on your computer)
    2. Right-click on this new shortcut, then click on "Properties".
    3. At the end of the target line, add: " -nm -show_err -mod:catw" (the space is needed)
    4. "OK"
    5. Then you should be able to launch the mod with this shortcut. If you want you can use the CATW icon located in the catw folder.

gd luck
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    no, do not delete RTW's original data folder! You did everything right except that. The creation of the shortcut icon is outlined in the OP but I'll restate it again

gd luck
    Do I have to make a shortcut to launch this game? Could I launch it using the Rome Total War shortcut?

Cause I dont get that part at all lol.

Also, is there a video tutorial of how to install this game? It would make it a hell of alot easier

Moderator Emeritus

no you could not launch it using the rometw exe because its a mod, not vanilla rtw. you have to make a mod shortcut anotherwords. to do that your going to have to complete the following 4 steps.

1. navigate to your Rome TW folder should be somewhere like this (C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War) then look for RomeTW.exe.

2. right click RomeTW.exe and then click 'send to' then click desktop.

3. Once that's done right click the icon on the desktop that says something like shortcut to RomeTW.exe.

4. click properties. then look for the target line and add: " -nm -show_err -mod:catw" (the space is needed).
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

>> How to install the mod:
    1. Check you have a fresh (unmodded) RTW 1.5
    2. Then you need to download above Classical Age - Total War 1.1 and the Patch
    3. Run the Classical Age - Total War 1.1, choose your own RTW path like : C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\
    4. Use the shortcut inside CATW mod folder, just put it on your desktop, you can also use the icon inside CATW mod folder.
    5. Then open the Patch (catw_patch1.1.2.zip) and unzip the data folder in the archive into the data folder inside the CATW mod directory (it should be like C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome - Total War/CATW/data)
    6. Confirme to overwrite
    7. Do the same with patch 1.1.3.
    8. Do the same with patch 1.1.4.
    9. Done, you can play CATW with the latest version

Thanks Resef, I figured out the shortcut, but something is still wrong because when I launch the game it plays the normal Rome Total War game.

So I decided to re-do everything again from scratch, deleted everything and the RTW patch 1.5

I've got a few questions about the installation instructions.

4. What do you mean by "use" the icon on the CATW folder in my desktop. It's just a blank white icon. What do I use that with or do with that?

5. The unzipping part is confusing me, because when first did it using Win Rar, it didnt ask me to overwrite anything, it just showed "win rar blah blah encountered (number amount) of errors. I dont know if thats just the files overwriting each other or what.

What do you advice me to do? just do it manually or extract it using win rar??

The thing im afraid of if I do it manually is I might be deleting or overwriting stuff I shouldnt be.

Im sorry If i ask too many questions I reallly really want to play this mod, but this is the first mod I've had a hard time installing

Moderator Emeritus

edit: read this carefully and make sure you understand what I've written, thank you.

hmm, I don't know why your talking about overwriting and deleting...

CATW is mod foldered. mod foldered means its in its own data folder and not RTW's data folder.

this is RTW's data folder directory
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data
    and this is catw's data folder directory
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\catw\data
    Therefore nothing needs to be overwritten or deleted from rome total wars data folder directory because catw has its own. BTW, nothing should be 'deleted' from any data directory at all.

When it comes to CATW's patches, yes some things need to be overwritten which is completely normal. this overwrite procedure should only happen to CATW, make sure your not trying to overwrite anything in your RTW data folder.

You do not want to overwrite or delete anything at all from RTW's main data folder.

Installation-

Do it manually. Just place 'catw' in
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    or the equivelant of that (your RTW directory may be different).

Shortcut-
    By use we assume people have a basic grasp on what to do when it comes to creating a shortcut and changing the shortcuts icon. Just don't listen to that part and follow the instructions I detailed in my previous post please.
    Last edited by z3n; June 05, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I dont have problems unzipping catw1.1 to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\

Im talking about unzipping patches 1.1.2 , 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 into C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\catw\data is where I encounter errors.

But anyways, I followed your instructions again and still nothing, I did the shortcut thing to launch it but it launched the original game.

So I decided to do it again (lol) for the 9th time. But I'll do it step by step with your help this time.

Ok so, I cleaned out everything again, fresh RTW 1.5 patch and all that.

Here's what i've done so far..

1. Installed the game

2. Run the RTW Patch 1.5

3. Run the catw1.1 and put it in folder C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\

4. Went to the Total War folder, right clicked on the RTW exe and sent it to Desktop. (I just ignore the catw1.1 blank page in the catw folder on my desktop right?) then I put the " -nm -show_err -mod:catw" on the target line, clicked apply.

5. This is where I get problems, I use WinRar to extract my files so maybe im using the wrong program. But when I extract these patches into C:/Program Files/The Creative Assmebly/Rome - Total War/CATW/data, I get errors. So what I did in the previous attempts was copy and pasted them manually, but im afraid when I do this I might be overwriting stuff I shouldnt be.