CLASSICAL AGE TOTAL WAR

Classical Age - Total War 1.2.0 (29/05/2017):
    Main 870 mo: http://ancient-battles.com/catw/download/catw05.zip
    Lighter 580 mo: http://ancient-battles.com/catw/download/catw7z.zip
    http://depositfiles.com/files/325t3e9km

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...mJQaUZtRHJLMWM
    DropBox to come

Installation Instructions

The game is based on RTW 1.5/1.9, and is modfoldered, does not alter the original game, although there are some optional files (see later).

>> With STEAM - Alex.exe:
    The mod should be in place: Ie: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\catw05
    Go to Steam, on the Alexander TW properties, then "Set Launch Options", then paste: -nm -show_err -mod:catw05 -noalexander
    Or use the Steam Mods Launcher made by Paedric.

>> Install the mod, the old way:
    1. Check you have a fresh (unmodded) RTW 1.5
    2. Then you need to download the mod above
    3. Use a program like 7zip to extract the mod folder into your RTW folder. (where you installed rtw to for example c:\games\rome total war)
    4. Right click the RTW exe you want to use (rtw/bi/alx) then right click that exe and select the option to send a shortcut of it to your desktop.
    5. Now go to your desktop, right click the shortcut you just sent to your desktop and say properties.
    6. A new box should come up, on the left side of the box near the top there should be a word 'target' move your cursor into the white area with the text then go to the very end part one space (just click the area just past the quotations so you see the very small but ordinary flashing black bar that indicates you can start typing) now press your spacebar so you are exactly one space away from the quotations and add this
    -nm -show_err -mod:catw
    7. Say apply on the lower right of your properties box then click ok and you are ready to play by clicking on that same shortcut you just created. You can also rename the shortcut to catw if you want.

>> More in depth instructions on how to create a new shortcut to play the mod:

To create a new shortcut for Classical Age Total War carefully follow each of these steps.
    For more information on editing the Command Line of Rome Total War look here: http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...ne/index.shtml
    Open Windows Explorer, then go to your base Rome Total War folder, find the RomeTW-BI.exe file (or whichever exe you prefer), and right click on it.
    An options box will pop up.
    Move your mouse down to "Send To". Another box will pop up along side the first one.
    Move your mouse over to "Desktop (Create Shortcut)", and click on it with your left mouse button.
    Now go to your Desktop and you will see the new shortcut there, named "Shortcut to RomeTW.exe"
    Right-click on the new shortcut, and a box will pop up.
    Click on Properties in this box.
    A new window will open up, with three tabs across the top. If the Shortcut tab was not already selected, click on it.
    Click in very right end of the box named Target.
    Now add in a space and then the following text: -nm -show_err -mod:catw
    (space after the colon is needed)
    So your Target box should look something like: "C:\Program Files\Rome Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:catw
    Now click on Apply.

To rename it something more descriptive click on the General tab.
    There will be a field at the very top of the window. Type in: CATW.
    Now click on Ok. You are done.

Optional: Included is a desktop shortcut which you may wish to use. While you still have the Shortcut Properties window open, click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button at the bottom of that window. A Change Icon window will appear. Click on the browse button to navigate to your RTW\catw folder. You will find a .ico files there. Select the you would like by double-clicking on it. Then back at the Change Icon window click on Ok. Then finally click on OK again to close the Shortcut Properties window.

Feel free to post here if you have any problem related to installation.

>> Classical Age - Total War 2.0 (15/04/2015)*:
    *Not working on Steam for everyone
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu6dehugw14peq4/catw.7z?dl=0

Brand new map stretching from Britain to India with everything in between (Anarchon's but I only implemented one of his earliest versions)
    Germanicu5 scripts
    And probably a few other things I have forgotten by now. It has been some time since I last worked on it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Changelog and content:
    Classical Age - Total War 1.1 Content
    - 7 new factions: Epirus, Illyria, Boii, Bellovaci, Senones, Arverni, Bosphorus.
    - More than 2,200 skins and about 35-50 units per faction recruited through the AOR
    - Skins and new models from CATW (never seen before), degree of detail and historical accuracy, see http://www.ancient-battles.com for more.
    - Longer battles (moral increase, less fatal blows except for cavalry charges and other tradeoffs)
    - Speed reduced for horsemen, horses redesigned according to the time, and many, accurate smaller horses.
    - System of Alternate skins (managed from DMB) be able to change the skins of its units during a campaign, but disabled to have a lighter file)
    - High definition skins ("true" 512 instead of 256) pixels and detailled models.
    - The 2/3 graphics changed
    - No More Cyclopean walls
    - The "barbarians" and others factions now have access to higher level barracks and barracks provincial related to their goals of conquest
    - Addition of the Royal Arsenal for Macedonian and Ptolemaic (can recruit units naval super-heavy type hekkaidekere)
    - Three times as many types of vessels and new graphics and descriptions
    - New historical descriptions, and many unusual names corrected
    - Prometheus and catw strat towns
    - Correct names for the Illyrians
    - Animation of Alin (EB)
    - Rebalancing costs and construction duration of buildings, much longer and expensive, as well as units, some of which are recruited 0 laps (lifted).
    - New recruitement building levels (coding) for all factions.
    - Many units in hidden resources specific to a region of 1 to 10 by factions (for example 10 types for the Greek hoplites).
    - New AOR
    - New buildings fr romans (socii barracks), greeks, easterns, and celts as well, and mercenary barracks.
    - Revamped Mundus Magnus Map with optional strat skins
    - Complete RS2 environment
    - Optional realistic pike
    - Quick battles available
    - Some historic battles are playable, plus 6 new historical battles.
    - 50 new custom battlemaps
    - New water reflections from Davide.cool minimod
    - New lights and true night battles from Horsearcher's skymod minimod.
    - Request a good CPU and graphic card (highly detailed 3D models, new strat map and models based on huge MM map, and a lot of hd skins).

Music Credits
    Some of this music are creative commons license, free to download and listen on several sites including jamendo.org. http://www.jamendo.org
    A big thank you to these artists for the quality of their work, perfect to match the atmosphere of the mod.
    - Celestial Aeon (already well-known for his dedicated work on the fourth age : total war)
    - Epic Soul Factory for the new main theme and many other fantastically epic works
    - Cyril Pereira (for some battles and campaign music)
    - Francesco Lettera (for deep and inspiring music campaigns)
    - Other music from various hollywood classics of the kind, retained for their epic tone.

Patch Content (09/04/2011)
    A brand new AOR system and new recruitment buildings :
    - The Royal Dockyard is now available to the macedonians and egyptians, they can recruit the mifghty hekkaidekere and other monsters galleys.
    - Carthage, at the same level, can built the port of carthage, which allows this fleet to recruit hepteres (7) and deceres (10).
    - Now you have the possibility to recruit auxilliary barrack, on two levels and AOR units only (depending of the regions this building belongs to).
    For example Carthage can recruit iberian units in spain only, same for africans, gauls, italians, etc. There are currently 35 AOR regions and 10 cities were specific units can be recruited (spartans of course, but also masilian hoplites, syracusans, corinthians, athenians, etc..)
    These buildings are expansive but opened a brand new dimension of realism, and impressive but realistic rosters. They are also benefic for the public order, lowering unrest and boosting security and happiness (you are currently recruiting the bad guys around...)
    - You have access also to a brand new kind of "mercenary muster fields" and "mercenary barracks" that allow you to recruit "standard" mercenaries, those you

CATW 2.0 content (25/4/2015)
    How the Force Diplomacy Script works:
    how to force the AI to accept a proposal :

First you must click the "?" in the upper right of the diplomacy box. Then you can force a faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button.
    This script is very useful to prevent the AI from breaking alliances.

- Standalone patch. All others included in this one.
    - Animations overhaul. Hundreds of new animations specifically designed for CATW. Adding to the immersive feel of battles.
    - DMB fixes of all texture errors, all texture code adjusted accordingly.
    - Expect a stable campaign now without crashes during battles. Report back if there are and which units were in the army.
    - Everything in the DMB is fine. Only a file with improper dds encoding would cause a crash when loading a battle from now on with this patch.
    - Several errors fixed in EDB and EDU.
    - New formations from sinhuet modified for CATW are in it.
    - Includes an alexander.exe patch as promised by coco, it will be playable on alexander now, in fact its highly recommended.
    - A force diplomacy script are included in this patch.
    - A specific adjustment to formations_ai to calibrate it for alexander.exe to prevent CTD's upon ambush.
    - Bugfix for CTD upon winning campaign conditions for romans.
    - New descr_strat*
    - Roman and barbarian portraits by Joar. Carthaginian and Greek by myself
    - New 4TPY script with historical facts per season until 268BC (WIP to be completed in upcoming patches)
    - New sun
    - New animation updates
    - Character traits overhaul. (WIP to be added to in upcoming patches- Brand new map stretching from Britain to India with everything in between (Anarchon's but I only implemented one of his earliest versions)
    - Bugfixes
    - Germanicu5 scripts
    - Redfox wooden walls
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; June 02, 2017 at 07:01 AM. Reason: new version
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

Cool coco! well an Antigonid campaign wouldn't hurt

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Oooh... go on, then. I'm sold. Let's try this out

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi coco,

It's a very nice thread.

Good work !

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Thx, i'm on it for the next patch. And what about the Mauryans ? ...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...

Where are the links to download?

You see those animated pictures that say "Download" near the top of the OP? Those.

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

Great Job, Well done! +rep
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

Are you sure?I don't see anything.There's just one image,and it doesn't redirects anywhere.

impressive
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Quote Originally Posted by Samnite Soldier View Post
    Are you sure?I don't see anything.There's just one image,and it doesn't redirects anywhere.
    Sure, to click on the image should redirect you to the link. Anyway I'll add the links alone under the picture.

Edit: Done.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Default Re: CATW - Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

Thanks.I can see them now

Great work!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

rbursch's Avatar Foederatus

I have a slight problem with getting the mod going. I get the message to insert the correct cd-rom(?). Just as instructed, I have installed RTWvers.1.0. in Program Files/Activision/RTW as clean unmodded folder. I then continued installing BIvers.1.4 according to the same path in to the RTW-Folder. I then updated the RTW-patchvers.1.6 in to the same RTW-folder. I was confirmed in opening options in the game that i had the vers. 1.6 installed. So far so good. The game works. I then installed catwvers.1.1 in to my RTW-folder and installing the patch 1.2. in to the data folder of catw1.1. as instructed and clicking on the shortcut (no icon picture) will not recognise the cd-rom. What is going wrong? thank you for your good advice.
    "Cast a cold Eye
    On Life, On Death.
    Horseman, pass by!"
    Epitaph W.B.Yeats, Irish Poet (1865 - 1939)

Well, in fact i have the same problem with seven on a dell area51, if you have the very first disc edition of RTW (1.0). It seems that the autolaunch is not really propertly seen by seven, then re-insert you CDrom to lanch again vanilla tw, then launch catw shortcut. It will perhaps decect that two instances of RTW are running and ask to shut one of these (then close vanilla one) otherwise, just let it load the mod. Hope that helps...

Hi, Cocobongo, great work! I had a question for you. When i get out from the game the system always says to me something like "Rome TW has had a problem and must to close" (or something like that). I´ve had the same "problem" in all the versions of your mod, but it does not seem to cause any kind of trouble when playing a new or old game. It´s just annoying, but i´d rather to get out of the mod normally (if it is possible). I´m playing always when i use your great mod with a fresh and new installation o Rome TW (gold). Thanks for all!

Unfortunately i don't have the gold version of RTW, but the very first one, RTW 1.0 (upgraded of course). So they are side effects that i only know by your testings. The bug is currently related to a mispelling DMB faction "numidian" instead of "numidia". I already corrected it long ago. But the problem if i do that is another "generic bug" rose up behind, during the process of loading that just making primary mod loading impossible. This generic bug could be related with so many files that i couldn't actually solve it in an easier way than making the whole damn thing once again, line after line, almost a year of re-coding and testing. But what i know is that it is narrowly related to EDU which i don't want to downgrade for campaign reasons... So i have to choose between a completely unplayable game, weak independant factions you can easily steamroll, or having the current version, with a bug after leaving.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Congratulations for the release of the patch C-DJ
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

why so few people play this? it seems GREAT!
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Can i see a video of the gameplay before i go ahead and play it please. Thanks

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast