Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

Default Re: CATW - Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Unless the security on your computer is preventing you from replacing files or there are restrictions then copying pasting & replacing should work fine.

First you have to install the add-ons to be able to activate the 6tpy script & force diplomacy script.
    Yes, I know. I installed all the patches and the add-ons as the directions stated. There are no restrictions stopping it from replacing the files. How should the file look after copying over the data? Sometimes it showed the patch inside the folder and sometimes it didn't, but this really didn't matter, it didn't change anything.
    Am I just out of luck here?

When I try to copy the patch data folder over the over CATW folder, it creates another folder inside the data folder.

Can anyone please help? I have been trying to download this mod for some time now and have had no success. After I have downloaded the main file (before I add patches), I click on the CATW folder and then the icon that is labelled CATW (the icon is in fact a simple blank page, like a document icon for word, with a small arrow in the top left corner)it presents the following message: "C:\Programmes\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe The specified path does not exist Check the path then try again". This is obviously the problem. What I have done is copied the main folder, which is The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War (anthology version), and pasted it on the c drive. This has worked well with other mods, so I do not understand what I have done wrong. Can anyone offer guidance on how to correct this problem?

Go to your rtw folder and make a shortcut of the rtw.exe. Then add -nm -show_err -mod:catw to the end of the target line of the shortcut.
    After that, are you able to install the patches correctly

Excellent! I discovered that the file paths were incorrect. It seems that the default settings in the properties kept on listing it as Activision software, even though my version is made by The Creative Assembly. I rewrote all the file paths according to the correct locations of the mod! It works! I'll download the patches and hopefully kill off a few million Barbarians! Thanks for the assistance!

OK, I got the target lines in the exe file to actually have the right location for the data. I haven't been able to actually start a game though. I get onto the main menu screen, where it says 'Menu Options Disabled. When I try to play the Roman Campaign it crashes without warning and no error message.
    On the plus side the music is outstanding, especially the Conan soundtrack!
    Is there some thing I need to change in the settings or preferences to enable all the options or have I still installed it wrong somehow?

The last option should be the correct campaign, it is called "classical campaign".

If you did select that, you could try re installing it and seeing if the problem persist.

I got it, thanks! Been playing until obscene hours in the morning! Thoroughly enjoying it! However, it won't auto-save, keep forgetting to save it manually!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Auto-save can corrupt your save games and ruin your campaign by crashing it. It was an unstable feature in vanilla RTW and seems to be exacerbated in mods.

Therefore it's been turned off. IIRC

Sorry to "bump" this, but are there anymore suggestions someone could toss my way? I've tried this so many times and I am completely lost. I am basically stuck at the base game and I can't get any of the patches to work. I've tried installing it on two different computers.

Moderator Emeritus

You are likely installing it correctly.

You are likely adding the proper target line to your shortcut incorrectly. Read over the instructions for that in the OP.

cheers
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I've created the shortcut but when I click on it I get vanilla RTW help. Thanks in advance

Moderator Emeritus

Change target lines for corrosponding exe.

Alexander.exe (Recommended! download patch here for it.)

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:catw -show_err -nm -noalexander

RomeTW.exe

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:catw

RomeTW-BI.exe

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:catw -show_err -nm
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

First post updated with Resef's patch. Thanks to him !

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

You are likely installing it correctly.

You are likely adding the proper target line to your shortcut incorrectly. Read over the instructions for that in the OP.

cheers
    By base game I meant the base mod game not the base original Rome Total War. I am able to run the mod, but getting the patches to work is the problem.
    I have the target line and everything else involving the base mod set up just fine.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GenTiberius View Post
    By base game I meant the base mod game not the base original Rome Total War. I am able to run the mod, but getting the patches to work is the problem.
    I have the target line and everything else involving the base mod set up just fine.
    If your overwriting things I assume you did it correctly. Why don't you try the new 1.1.5 patch? I haven't gotten to much feedback about it but I'm hoping it works for you. Report back if it doesn't and what error appeared, thanks.

OP is updated with a very important fix for the descr_strat file if you are planing on playing Bosphorus or Epirus.

Paste the file into CATW/data/world/maps/campaign/mundus_magnus
    The AI Workshop Creator

If your overwriting things I assume you did it correctly. Why don't you try the new 1.1.5 patch? I haven't gotten to much feedback about it but I'm hoping it works for you. Report back if it doesn't and what error appeared, thanks.

OP is updated with a very important fix for the descr_strat file if you are planing on playing Bosphorus or Epirus.

Paste the file into CATW/data/world/maps/campaign/mundus_magnus
    I did the same with the 0.85 patch file as I did with the other patches, same result

It just dropped another folder inside the data folder, but the "patch 0.85" folder now has about 3 "patch 0.85" folders inside of it.
    Not sure if that tells you anything, I doubt it does
    Last edited by z3n; October 12, 2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: double post

Moderator Emeritus

What it tells me is you aren't putting the files in the right places.

unzip the patch0.85 and then copy all the files inside of it and paste them into your CATW/data.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I don't understand. I put the file in the CATW data folder as stated by the directions.

I did unzip it and copy all the files and paste it into the catw/data. I just tried it again, but still no.