Current Version - Download and Installation
In this thread you will find the latest version of catw, its patches, links and installation instructions, but also other, alternative or older versions and variants...
Download: Latest Release : CLASSICAL AGE TOTAL WAR 2.0.0 + update at bottom of post (15/04/2015)
Changelog and content:
Classical Age - Total War 1.1 Content
- 7 new factions: Epirus, Illyria, Boii, Bellovaci, Senones, Arverni, Bosphorus.
- More than 2,200 skins and about 35-50 units per faction recruited through the AOR
- Skins and new models from CATW (never seen before), degree of detail and historical accuracy, see http://www.ancient-battles.com for more.
- Longer battles (moral increase, less fatal blows except for cavalry charges and other tradeoffs)
- Speed reduced for horsemen, horses redesigned according to the time, and many, accurate smaller horses.
- System of Alternate skins (managed from DMB) be able to change the skins of its units during a campaign, but disabled to have a lighter file)
- High definition skins ("true" 512 instead of 256) pixels and detailled models.
- The 2/3 graphics changed
- No More Cyclopean walls
- The "barbarians" and others factions now have access to higher level barracks and barracks provincial related to their goals of conquest
- Addition of the Royal Arsenal for Macedonian and Ptolemaic (can recruit units naval super-heavy type hekkaidekere)
- Three times as many types of vessels and new graphics and descriptions
- New historical descriptions, and many unusual names corrected
- Prometheus and catw strat towns
- Correct names for the Illyrians
- Animation of Alin (EB)
- Rebalancing costs and construction duration of buildings, much longer and expensive, as well as units, some of which are recruited 0 laps (lifted).
- New recruitement building levels (coding) for all factions.
- Many units in hidden resources specific to a region of 1 to 10 by factions (for example 10 types for the Greek hoplites).
- New AOR
- New buildings fr romans (socii barracks), greeks, easterns, and celts as well, and mercenary barracks.
- Revamped Mundus Magnus Map with optional strat skins
- Complete RS2 environment
- Optional realistic pike
- Quick battles available
- Some historic battles are playable, plus 6 new historical battles.
- 50 new custom battlemaps
- New water reflections from Davide.cool minimod
- New lights and true night battles from Horsearcher's skymod minimod.
- Request a good CPU and graphic card (highly detailed 3D models, new strat map and models based on huge MM map, and a lot of hd skins).
Some of this music are creative commons license, free to download and listen on several sites including jamendo.org. http://www.jamendo.org
A big thank you to these artists for the quality of their work, perfect to match the atmosphere of the mod.
- Celestial Aeon (already well-known for his dedicated work on the fourth age : total war)
- Epic Soul Factory for the new main theme and many other fantastically epic works
- Cyril Pereira (for some battles and campaign music)
- Francesco Lettera (for deep and inspiring music campaigns)
- Other music from various hollywood classics of the kind, retained for their epic tone.
Patch Content (09/04/2011)
A brand new AOR system and new recruitment buildings :
- The Royal Dockyard is now available to the macedonians and egyptians, they can recruit the mifghty hekkaidekere and other monsters galleys.
- Carthage, at the same level, can built the port of carthage, which allows this fleet to recruit hepteres (7) and deceres (10).
- Now you have the possibility to recruit auxilliary barrack, on two levels and AOR units only (depending of the regions this building belongs to).
For example Carthage can recruit iberian units in spain only, same for africans, gauls, italians, etc. There are currently 35 AOR regions and 10 cities were specific units can be recruited (spartans of course, but also masilian hoplites, syracusans, corinthians, athenians, etc..)
These buildings are expansive but opened a brand new dimension of realism, and impressive but realistic rosters. They are also benefic for the public order, lowering unrest and boosting security and happiness (you are currently recruiting the bad guys around...)
- You have access also to a brand new kind of "mercenary muster fields" and "mercenary barracks" that allow you to recruit "standard" mercenaries, those you
CATW 2.0 content (25/4/2015)
How the Force Diplomacy Script works:
how to force the AI to accept a proposal :
First you must click the "?" in the upper right of the diplomacy box. Then you can force a faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button.
This script is very useful to prevent the AI from breaking alliances.
- Standalone patch. All others included in this one.
- Animations overhaul. Hundreds of new animations specifically designed for CATW. Adding to the immersive feel of battles.
- DMB fixes of all texture errors, all texture code adjusted accordingly.
- Expect a stable campaign now without crashes during battles. Report back if there are and which units were in the army.
- Everything in the DMB is fine. Only a file with improper dds encoding would cause a crash when loading a battle from now on with this patch.
- Several errors fixed in EDB and EDU.
- New formations from sinhuet modified for CATW are in it.
- Includes an alexander.exe patch as promised by coco, it will be playable on alexander now, in fact its highly recommended.
- A force diplomacy script are included in this patch.
- A specific adjustment to formations_ai to calibrate it for alexander.exe to prevent CTD's upon ambush.
- Bugfix for CTD upon winning campaign conditions for romans.
- New descr_strat*
- Roman and barbarian portraits by Joar. Carthaginian and Greek by myself
- New 4TPY script with historical facts per season until 268BC (WIP to be completed in upcoming patches)
- New sun
- New animation updates
- Character traits overhaul. (WIP to be added to in upcoming patches- Brand new map stretching from Britain to India with everything in between (Anarchon's but I only implemented one of his earliest versions)
- Germanicu5 scripts
- Redfox wooden walls