Thread: Double rank fire help?

henjan's Avatar Laetus

Default Double rank fire help?

Hey, i read theres double rank fire in this mod. So could someone tell how to get this to my vanilla NTW? I have some other mods already so i dont want to add this whole mod, just double rank fire
    Thanks! Help is appreciated.

Default Re: Double rank fire help?

there is a thread in Mod Workshop describing it. suggest you to check it.

henjan's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    there is a thread in Mod Workshop describing it. suggest you to check it.
    Okay, i tested this mod and so to see if it is compatible with the modifications i use, i had to remove some small modifications i already had but some that was compatible with empire realism i kept.

Now i notice that in game, 1 rank fires all the time, while in rank 2 only a few soldiers fire, and sometimes someone in 3rd rank fires also. Is this how it should be or is it a bug? I thought that in the 2 first ranks all were supposed to be shooting.
    And is there a way to get the first row to kneel?
    Thanks! Didnt find anything to help me about this not with twcenter search nor google...
    I apologize about my bad English, not my first language.

its not possible to make first rank kneel. Making entire second rank fire is possible , but it would make more soldiers in third rank fire as well, because it is based on LOS soldier has - more space soldier has defined in battle entities, less it blocks the LOS of soldiers behind.. you can give them bigger values and entire thre ranks will fire, but if you place them into column, you will end up with entire column firing through ranks, which doesnt look very realistic..

henjan's Avatar Laetus

Hmm, i installed another tighter formations mod by Heartbraker http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355631 to get my formations tighter than they were. After i added that it seems like the first rank is firing as normal, while the second rank is idle(not shooting). I suppose that will be good enough unless i can make both rank 1 and 2 fire completely without 3rd rank shooting.
    Thanks for your help

i saw those mods, but they are not modifying battle_entities db, and that is crucial for proper 2 rank fire. Open the ER in PFM and check what i have done in that db. Check especially values around elipse - first one means unit profile size, second one represents unit spacing. reducing profile size makes unit smaller target, while reducing spacing makes unit block LOS better. just dont use too small values for spacing, otherwise two soldiers will occupy same space.
    (those tabs might be called differently in PFM as i named them - width/length ratio doesnt sound correct describing what it does actually)
    Last edited by JaM; August 22, 2011 at 10:18 AM.