Thread: Trom3 too easy

Default Trom3 too easy

Well after playing and winning so many legendary games at vanilla,i think trom3 is not a challenge.
    Things overall at trom3 are very well done , but somehow the challenge v ai has descreased a lot , i dunno if ai can deal with trom3 changes.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Trom3 too easy

I find it a challenge if i don't rush my expansion and follow certain rules of engagement. A healthy AI with improved Ashigaru research and units is not a push over given equal playing field.

Laetus

really i found it hard with some factions and easier with others.. but i really like the changes thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mimox View Post
    Well after playing and winning so many legendary games at vanilla,i think trom3 is not a challenge.
    Things overall at trom3 are very well done , but somehow the challenge v ai has descreased a lot , i dunno if ai can deal with trom3 changes.

Then tell me how you survive as Tokugawa against Oda. Because I only survive maximum ten turnes on legendary.

Thanks for sharing.

Just out of curiosity, what do the different difficulty levels actually do? I just finished a hard campaign as chosokabe and found it to be very easy. I'm up for a challenge, but I don't like the AI cheating too much.

Mainly the AI gets more money, while you get less money. Also, the CAI has a higher research rate and is more aggressive towards the player. Clearly some factions are easier to play then others. This is indicated in the faction selection screen.

What advantages does the BAI get with harder difficulty levels?

I don't know.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by tropdars View Post

I suspect AI archers get faster reloads at very least, maybe accuracy as well. It always seems their regular Bow Ashigaru are lighting me up when I play on Hard or Higher. Could be imagining but it seems like it.

Factions that start isolated are naturally much easier to get firmly planted cuz you can't get hit from as many directions or be forced to spread thin at start. Date, Shimazu and Chosokabe.
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

I do beleive that the BAI gets stats bonuses on VH/Legendary in Vanilla.
    I have played trough Vanilla Legendary and it might be harder with all the AI cheats buts its no where near as much fun as playing against an AI that instead of cheats makes use of great army composition and dont just spam archers.

In the next version building costs for the player will be raised by 25% and income from trade and trade nodes will be lowered by 5%. This will not much influence the players economy at game start, but should lower the income over the course of the game somewhat. With the next CA patch battles should become harder since the AI will use more unit abilities. I also look into ways to make the easy factions (like chosokabe) a bit more difficult without weakening the AI.

the ai unit stats are affected on every difficulty level.

i dont know the exact values, but the ai units already get a hidden stat boost at hard difficulty (means the ai-units are slightly better then the player's units), on very hary/legendary this boost is even higher, but on normal the ai stats are way below the stats of the player's units. the same for economy.

i did never understand this programmer-decission, because it means that your units and the opotenents units always have at least slightly but hidden stat differences. actually, "hard" should be called "normal" because the ai stats and economy on hard are just slightly higher than the stats + economy of the player, while the penalities for the ai stats + economy on "normal" are high enough that its impossible to not steamroll the ai factions all the time. "normal" should be called "sleep mode" or "tutorial" or something like that.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

No mod can fix the bad AI play.
    It's a typical CA attitude: Crap AI vs Handicapped player.

As the units progress in XP, retainers, arts, skills, equipment, the AI gets less and less efficient. This is why I recommended increasing XP thresholds, set the autodisband on 35% and tune down the replenish rates... to prevent super units.

I also recommended to tune down the effect of the general being killed because 99% of victories for the player happen due to the AI general suicidal tendencies. More than once I was on the verge of being defeated then I killed the general and won.

if the generals would get a ranged weapon, they should not charge into the battle.

Warmaker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by tropdars View Post
    If S2TW follows the pattern of past TW games, higher Battle Difficulty merely grants stat and morale bonuses to the AI's troops. It's the reason why you'd see peasants standing up to professional troops and not break after being flanked and being worn down, while still whittling down your superior troops.

Personally, I go with a higher Campaign Difficulty but Normal Battle Difficulty. Why?

Let the AI have some extra cash in the campaign. But when it comes to the battlefield? No lame bonuses not granted by training, experience, and the general.
    Rome
    PARCERE SUBIECTIS ET DEBELLARE SUPERBOS
    To spare the conquered and overcome the proud in war - Virgil, on Roman destiny

but there is no battle difficulty setting which gives both the player and the ai the same hidden stat boni. one of them (player or ai) will still get a stat boost, even if it is not that huge...