Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compatability with other mods

Default Compatible mods

I was thinking about downloading this mod, but I was wondering what other mods are compatable with it? Has anyone tried any mods with it?

Stickified for future reference, I received other questions about it in the general forum so discussing here would be better than having to answer on a case by case basis - Zarax
    Last edited by Zarax; June 20, 2006 at 09:38 AM.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathon Swift

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings." Heinrich Heine

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Well the all-mods version of darthmod works with xgm, and im not sure about anything else

You mean darthmod or darthformations?
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathon Swift

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings." Heinrich Heine

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

yeah, formations... my mistake

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Formation mods work fine. Just make sure you put any files in xgm/data not in the original data directory. You can use Froggie5's compatibility files with the Moding Legions pack (it contains some very nice skins and models for Roman units). Otherwise very few mods can be combined with XGM without doing some work to make them compatible.

You can add some mods in XGM, but you have to do it manualy. To do it it tooks long time(depend on how many and what mods are you adding) and if you do a mistake it tooks long time to repair it.
    I did that some months ago with an older version of XGM, I added Modding Legions, sigOne anims, latin voicemod, burn mod and some others. One good day I tried to add something more, I did a mistake, and to repair it I had to unistall RTW and install it again.
    The recent versions XGM is cool and entertaining alone, without needing any other mod.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

While we are on the subject, has anyone here used Darth's latest formations with XGM? I tried 10.8 and 12, but quickly went back to the original formations. I was surprised to find that even when one just installs formations_ai the player's troops arrive on the battlefield in the new default formations. I tried his new formations aplaying as GCS and the result was disastrous for me. Darth's Greek-Theban formation may be historically accurate, with the phalanxes densely clustered in the middle and the flanks protected by Hypasists and cavalry, but I found that the Romans just all went for the left flank, decimated the Hypasists, and then chewed up my phalanxes. The ai does seem more keen to flank and so on, so I definitely see some possibility in his formations, I just don't want to have to completely reorganize my troops at the start of every battle. I plan to begin another campaign soon as Carthage, so I will put the formations_ai file back in and give it another whirl. Has anyone here had success with the formations?

The formations in formations_ai.txt are also used for the initial player formation. I had a similar problem - although the AI does seem to do better with these modified formations, it was a real pain having to set up my own formations all the time.

I tried to merge XGM with SPQR (the units and mundus magnus) and it works fine but it takes hella a long time and some very annoying CTD before I actually get to play the greek campaigne. After playing SPQR, I just can't go back to the 1 turn build system of vanilla or XGM, for that matter, anymore :sweatingb
    "The Age Of Roma Shall End, The Age Of Hellas Shall Rise Again"

"Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obident to their Laws we lie"
    -Monument dedicated to the 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians who fell to the last man defending the pass at Thermopylae

I liked SPQR a lot when I played it (a long time ago now) and Lt's 0 turn recruiting system has a lot to recommend it. How did your campaigns go? I think Lt has done a lot of work to balance the campaign to work with 0 turn recruiting - the campaigns that come with XGM wouldn't work as well I think.

Miles

I tried out Darth Formations but once and a while my front line hastati units would overlap each other. Now I'm running Sinuhets formations....no complaints so far.

Forget that I wrote that
    Last edited by Gunno_Desk; March 26, 2006 at 10:08 PM.
    "The Age Of Roma Shall End, The Age Of Hellas Shall Rise Again"

"Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obident to their Laws we lie"
    -Monument dedicated to the 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians who fell to the last man defending the pass at Thermopylae

Default Compatability with other mods

Hey will this work with Bug-Fixer, Darth's Gameplay mod, and the All Factions Playable mod for BI? I'm using all three of those already.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Compatability with other mods

I don't think you can install XGM over most other mods, I think that bug fixer and the all factions playable mod should not interfere too much on it but Darth's might create you some problems unless it's only the formation MOD.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Actually it's Darth's Gameplay fix for Barbarian Invasion. Not sure how it affects plain old Rome Total War.

Well, you should have good chances to get it working, XGM doesn't interfere with other mods anyways so trying won't hurt...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Mods that are just for BI should be fine. The bug-fixer might work. Although it changes some vanilla files, XGM modifies the same files, so when you play XGM the game will just use the XGM versions. My advice is just to try it out. XGM won't over-write or mess up your original install or any of your mods so install it and give it a go.

BTW, I've merged this with another thread on the same topic.

Which darth mod formation works? Which one should I download?

Civis

Default BugFixer Compatibility

Is player1's bugfixer compatible with this mod?

Default Re: BugFixer Compatibility

It's untested but it should, the mod won't touch your RTW install anyways...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast