Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff van Dyck - Live

Default Jeff van Dyck - Live

Since he seems to have his own little cyberspace fanclub kicking about, I thought I'd share the news that Jeff will be giving a little talk and answering questions at Supanova in Brisbane this year. For more info:

www.supanova.com.au

For those not in the know, Jeff's our audio director and the guy primarily responsible for the music in all our games, including the BAFTA award winning soundtrack for Shogun: Total War.

PS - For one of the admin - how do i get marked as CA Staff?

Laetus

Interesting... I really like a lot of the music in RTW.
    If only I was a programmer for Total War then I could get marked as staff... oh well, the game that I worked on doesn't really exist anymore.
    Wilkommen Reaper Pras!

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Default Re: Jeff van Dyck - Live

Hmm intresting, I was wondering what Jeff was up to lately.

TBH I didint really like RTW's soundtrack, it was just to over the top at points and it wasent really culturally diverse. Infact all of the cultures had the same bloody music except for acouple of songs here and there. I hope MTW2 goes back to MTW and STW in terms of overall sounds and feel.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

um, Pras the Reaper, ur CA staff?

really? or r u just joking?
    Horse Archers = GOD

Quote Originally Posted by Pras the Reaper
    PS - For one of the admin - how do i get marked as CA Staff?
    Send a PM to Archer: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=965

cheers - tried using the "contact us" link at the bottom and no response. I'm the same "pras the reaper" / "prasthereaper" posting on the other forums - Producer at the Brisbane Studio.

cheers - tried using the "contact us" link at the bottom and no response. I'm the same "pras the reaper" / "prasthereaper" posting on the other forums - Producer at the Brisbane Studio.
    Don't use the "contact us" thing.

Just send a PM directly to Archer. He should be able to take care of it for ya.

I hope you stick around sir, We need CA staff to post around, Please feel home, we can't wait for MTW2, and of course this is the best Total War message board you'll ever see! just ask anyone!

Cheers!

Yes. I am most convinced that all CA information will find its way perfectly well within this forum. We have a large contributing and very caring community on this side. Be ascertained that once you publish info on the .com, there will be a thread popping up here within a few minutes. So there is no better marketing than posting on TWC Forums.

(a loyal customer of Shogun, MTW and RTW)
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Cheers for all the help guys. Now have my shiny new badge to add a bit of weight to my posts...

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Welcome to TWC sir. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

Damn, I didn't know who he was. He was staying at my hotel and gave his room to the guy who organised his visit to Canberra when he left for Melbourne. I told the guy he couldn't stay there because mr Dyck hadn't given me any paperwork saying that he could (plus he tried to ******** something about a key being left for him at reception). lol, say sorry to him for me....though he was described to me as "the best DJ in the world".......? I thought those guys just played music all mixed together and said 'Yo' and 'Dude' a lot.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

I bow to Jeff van Dyck, his music is awsome...
    Sitarus Originalus Pontifex Maximus -30+
    Gen. von Sitar
    also known as original-30+
    Slovenci kremeniti!

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Pretty cool, wish i waz in the land down under.
    Jeff Van Dyck is a pretty good music composer, liked the Shogun Track's best seem's like he does too coz hes got a lot things carrying over from shogun till rome and now i think to M2TW.
    Last edited by Darkragnar; June 30, 2006 at 03:18 AM.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

I love all the Jeff Van Dyck music , His, masterpiece to me is reached with shogun anf Rome TW soundtracks , though I was a bit , well , more than a bit disappointed when BI come out without soundtrack .... But I hope this won't happen again with MTW II and future expansions .... :original:

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

Wasnt he the same guy who did the music for one of the Hitmans and for Morrowind.If yes.
    The guy's music is awesome.
    Drinking does to life what turning the radio up does to a car's engine problems.

-TnC

Morrowind was done by Jeremy Soule, but I'm not sure of Hitman.

Regardless, Shogun's music will always stand out to me as Jeff's best work.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

this reminds me....

the eras collection i bought earlier has his TW soundtrack.

From shoggy to med 2.

*hucks rise of legends cd out of the drive.... hucks jeffs into the drive*

All Hitman games soundtracks has been composed by Jesper Kyd.

Ravenblade's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Yellow
    this reminds me....

the eras collection i bought earlier has his TW soundtrack.

From shoggy to med 2.
    Yeh i got it aswell...a nice little extra touch to the boxset i thought. Soundtracks for all the games have been great i think. At the minute its what im listening to while i read used to be the Lord of the Rings soundtrack an now its the Total Wars soundtrack

"Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent" - Dionysius I of Syracuse
    "We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Blackadder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast