Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Factions Preview

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Preview N.1

Very nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sign_woot :sign_woot :sign_woot :sign_woot :sign_woot kick ass units!!!!!

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Wow, I can't wait to try out that city editor! If Rome looks that good, think how awesome Constantinople would look!

Great work. I love the skins.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Astonishing is all that can be said really. The ordinary RTW units are of a different era granted, but do even nearly as interesting. Post as many battle screens as possible if that is possible.

Still looking at the city, I feel a bit sad that CA could not get the time to do something of the sort for Rome. Identikit cities are not nice. Will other cities have any variations? Will the Rome battlemap be developed further for use outside the mod?

Opifex

As for other cities, that is to be determined. It all depends on time and future support by other modders. By the way, I thought I should mention that if anyone wants to drop us a line and help us with modding, please post in this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...1&postcount=13

As for using Rome outside of Paeninsula Italica, I don't see why not, after it's released. Same for new animations, which haven't been shown yet in

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Beautiful!

So what is the time period? Will there be any Gauls?

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Quintus Valerius's Avatar Centenarius

Superb, guys! Absolutely superb. Now I have a good reason for buying B.I. I couldn't think of one before.

And Psycho, you're nothing if not predictable! You need to have that Gaulish fixation seen to! :wink:
    DA MIHI SIS POCVLVM VINI FALERNI

Opifex

There'll be FOUR Gallic factions, Psycho V, along with Ligurians, Venetii, and Rhaetians.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; April 03, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Woooah! Rome is awesome!
    Very Impressive!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO V
    Beautiful!

So what is the time period? Will there be any Gauls?

my2bob

The Insubres north of the Po river, the Senones on the Adriatic coast, the Cenomani near the north-eastern lakes, the Boii between the Appenines and the Po river will be the celtic playable factions.

The Rhetians on the eastern Alps were also a somewhat celtized nation, and a further playable faction.

Other nations, not included as playable factions, will be reproduced with a dedicated set of regional units, like the celtic Lingones near the mouth of the Po river and the celto-ligurian Taurisci around the western Alps.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Lupus_gr's Avatar Foederatus

Dear mates... this is a SO GOOD LOOKING "Ancient Italic" mod! Nice units (models/skins)... but you REALLY impressed me with the "early" Rome city, the "blue-prints" of the citadel, the structurs, the city's outskirts... everything! (You made "my"... city very nice - my real name, is the name of Rome's founder!)

Nice job! Very "close" to professional!...

Keep it up...
    "Ayet', oh Spartan euandro
    koroi pateron poliatan
    laia men itin provalesthe,
    dori d' eutolmos anhesthe,
    mi phidomenoi tas zoas.
    Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!"

Which means:

"Forward, men of Sparta
    sons of fathers citizens
    pop out the shield (with the left arm)
    raise up the spear (with the right arm)
    with no fear for your lives.
    Because this is NOT suitable to Sparta!"

- The Lacedaimonian War Tune -

Imagine if this was the prologue that came with RTW

I can imagine playing this, and then loading up a good roman mod (like Roma - if only it was updated to 1.5) and being able to take over Italy and then the Med.... dreams

Excellent work guys .. I feel ashamed I offered to help but copped out like that. It was through frustration and lack of talent that caused it but luckily this project didn't need me, it had all the talent it needed.

Look forward to seeing it released. ... hmm, This means I need BI I suppose?
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Im just wondering what the next preview will be... Any one got any opinions on what that might be about? maybe a little clue from the modders?

But i have a feeling this mod is still in the early stages so i wont expect another preview any time soon.
    [Massive Sig Here]

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Do you have alot of these units done already? And when can we see the gallic faction or that will be the next preview ?

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Fantastic work guys!

One of my most awaited mods with an outstanding team and a superb balance of gameplay and realism

I am curious about the Etruscan use of the Gladius that you chose. What basis did you use for their weaponry. Their Javelins and Gladius look to advanced. I mean these were always sited as one of reasons they lost to Romans, not only tactics.

What about the Celtic factions? Are the Etruscan not going to have to deal with the raiding Insubri most of the time?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Awesome! very very good job!

Opifex

Asterix, I would place the Etruscan social system, and their foreign policy, as the two major reasons why they lost. The Etruscans possessed a semi-feudal system with wealthy nobles, organized in hoplite fashion, surrounded by lower-morale entourage (which by the way we'll be trying to reproduce here). It's a fact of the matter that Etruscans regularly raised much larger armies than Rome, but their social system resulted in their armies being less stable and loyal than their Roman citizen counterparts.

Another big reason for loss was the foreign policy, when the Etruscans preferred to banquet and party rather than deal with crises and solve enmities with other countries permanently. Thus they constantly got invaded by the Celts, which they haven't dealt with, and they tried half-heartedly allying with enemies of Rome without contributing the entire society to the struggle.

A dedicated player, wielding massive Etruscan armies, could try to rectify those mistakes.. I really recommend those who are interested take a look in the Historical Background section, found here.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    Asterix, I would place the Etruscan social system, and their foreign policy, as the two major reasons why they lost. The Etruscans possessed a semi-feudal system with wealthy nobles, organized in hoplite fashion, surrounded by lower-morale entourage (which by the way we'll be trying to reproduce here). It's a fact of the matter that Etruscans regularly raised much larger armies than Rome, but their social system resulted in their armies being less stable and loyal than their Roman citizen counterparts.

Another big reason for loss was the foreign policy, when the Etruscans preferred to banquet and party rather than deal with crises and solve enmities with other countries permanently. Thus they constantly got invaded by the Celts, which they haven't dealt with, and they tried half-heartedly allying with enemies of Rome without contributing the entire society to the struggle.

A dedicated player, wielding massive Etruscan armies, could try to rectify those mistakes.. I really recommend those who are interested take a look in the Historical Background section, found here.
    Thanks Sig! Just wanted to know your "politics of history" position which I appreciate.

There are no laws on ancient history

Second question... how do you plan to implement the city system?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

OMGSKILLZHAX in short - very cool!

Opifex

Second question... how do you plan to implement the city system?
    Could you be a little more specific?

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams