Thread: AI Siege bug; enemy not able to use siege towers?

Default AI Siege bug; enemy not able to use siege towers?

Whenever the enemy siege towers come up to the walls, and the men begin to get inside to climb up....they never get past the getting inside stage! They're just always milling around the base of the tower, never climbing up and never attacking. As much as I don't mind winning battles, I'd like to it myself, not have the AI hand a victory over to me.

Default Re: AI Siege bug; enemy not able to use siege towers?

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Whenever the enemy siege towers come up to the walls, and the men begin to get inside to climb up....they never get past the getting inside stage! They're just always milling around the base of the tower, never climbing up and never attacking. As much as I don't mind winning battles, I'd like to it myself, not have the AI hand a victory over to me.

What unit size are you using?

This sometimes happen, you (as human player can avoid/ get over this problem) the AI can't.
    I'm sure not all towers are affected by this issue.

XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    What unit size are you using?
    Large I think (my Roman infantry units are at about 80 or so)

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    This sometimes happen, you (as human player can avoid/ get over this problem) the AI can't.
    I'm sure not all towers are affected by this issue.

XSamatan
    It's not always the case, but it's happening at one city in particular (Ambrakia I think) as well as happening every now and then in other places. Guess I'll just have to twiddle my thumbs and wait for the timer in the future then.

Or get out and attack the particular unit.

Had a similar problem like this where the unit was fighting to the death, but was stuck in the siege tower.
    But like XSamatan said, Either wait for the timer to run out or destroy the siege tower if possible.