Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This shows how Islam can be spread by the gun.

Default This shows how Islam can be spread by the gun.

Well its an interesting conversion story. Whether its a good heart warming story or terrible one I'm not sure?

It was actually a fairly text book submission to Islam straight out of the Quran.
    Last edited by Helm; August 12, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
    The wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead.

Default Re: This shows how Islam can be spread by the gun.

Intriguing.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post

Well its an interesting conversion story. Whether its a good heart warming story or terrible one I'm not sure?

It was actually a fairly text book submission to Islam straight out of the Quran.
    He made us proud to be Muslims and Pakistanis. I've seen this video. +rep
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

An English atheist embraces the "certainity of Islam" not because of a gun pointed at his head but because of...I dunno, peer pressure perhaps? I'm not sure how anyone can be argued into it. I'd be interested in seeing these arguments though as someone somewhere must have something killer.

Last edited by Helm; August 12, 2011 at 04:06 PM.
    The wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead.

The_Fan's Avatar Biarchus

An English atheist embraces the "certainity of Islam" not because of a gun pointed at his head but because of...I dunno, peer pressure perhaps? I'm not sure how anyone can be argued into it. I'd be interested in seeing these arguments though as someone somewhere must have something killer.

I admit I have always been intrigued about the award of virgins bit...................
    Yes, Yes I know I am bound for hell with that remark!!!

Seriously, it would be interesting to see what leads some to convert. As there are folks who have converted both ways from Christianity to Islam and back (not to mention all other religions as well).

I dunno whether it would be doctrine so much as it might be the sincerity of the people preaching the one or the other. Or perhaps it is a disenfranchisement with the religion that they currently are in. Interesting food for thought none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    I expect Levi Roots's Reggae Reggae Sauce to be identified imminently as the root of all this rioting. Never export black culture into the UK.

Interesting story.
    The redux of 2011's Turtledove Award winner for Best New Renaissance & Reformation:
    Anahuatlacanco
    Chapter XI: Teuhtlile and Cortes meet at last!

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

islam spread by the gun? you cant get more misleading then that, there is no mention of the man forcing him to become muslim but rather, the robber said that HE wants to become muslim, so you should probably change the title of this thread as it is misleading
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

If there is one thing I've seen most Muslims love its conversion stories of 'unlikely' converts.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Seen this before, pretty awesome.

Islam was originally spread by the sword, can you blame them for adapting to the modern world?
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

HUR DUR IM SO CLEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    He made us proud to be Muslims and Pakistanis. I've seen this video. +rep
    So people "converting" people by gunpoint makes you proud? Pretty much tells us all we'll ever need to know about you and people like you...

Disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTREtm View Post
    So people "converting" people by gunpoint makes you proud? Pretty much tells us all we'll ever need to know about you and people like you...

Disgusting!
    Did you even watch the video? The shop guy converted the gunman, not the other way around.

I think that the shop guy was so successful due to Maslow's hierarchy. Since the thief needed food, probably wasn't meeting his physiological requirements, which were met by robbing. Since those requirements weren't met beforehand, he almost certainly didn't meet his belonging requirements, which Islam fulfilled.

I'm hostile towards Abrahamic religions, but I feel that I must emphasise:

Watch the video before commenting!

thelionheart's Avatar Ducenarius

My Friend, there are no killer arguments! There are only some golden rules that helps its spreading in my believe.

1- It is the simplest popular religion ever!
    2- Boring Muslims -the majority- who don't get to appear on TV are really nice.
    3- Islam -even if its text and early history said otherwise- doesn't accept injustice every where on earth. As long as there is no justice somewhere, you as a Muslim HAVE TO help remove it or you are sinner.
    4- It creates strong family ties.
    5- It was the sole reason for removing injustice, unifying Muslims and defeating their enemies through ages.
    6- Islam has no clergy. The relation is between you and Allah directly. If Osama bin Laden tells you to kill someone, and your heart says otherwise (which is always the case with less violent in case of Arabs ) then Osama has no legal religious authority over you. Your conscious is your only source of fatwa, you are to be blamed for accepting one, dismissing one or not being able to tell!
    7- The Shaikh, unlike the western clergy men, is not viewed as a helper to the ruling elite. Shaikhs have always bin tortured, imprisoned and executed for speaking against the caliphs in a time where no one else dared.

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

What a horrible man, giving someone who tried to rob him forty dollars and a loaf of bread.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by generalveers View Post
    Islam was originally spread by the sword, can you blame them for adapting to the modern world?
    Well the Jews allege they committed genocides against their neighbors to appease a man who lived in the clouds. The Christians definitely committed mass murder against various groups for their heathenism, paganism, and heresy against their Pontiff. Islam waged wars of expansion to create a sociopolitical theocracy. Alexander the great committed mass murder for his own Godhood.

Atilla the Hun? Well he waged total war for Atheism. I respect that.

Violence is Violent. If you actually believed the crap I can see why you'd be willing to consider mass murder saving them.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by thelionheart View Post
    My Friend, there are no killer arguments! There are only some golden rules that helps its spreading in my believe.

2- Boring Muslims -the majority- who don't get to appear on TV are really nice.
    3- Islam -even if its text and early history said otherwise- doesn't accept injustice every where on earth. As long as there is no justice somewhere, you as a Muslim HAVE TO help remove it or you are sinner.
    4- It creates strong family ties.
    5- It was the sole reason for removing injustice, unifying Muslims and defeating their enemies through ages.
    6- Islam has no clergy. The relation is between you and Allah directly. If Osama bin Laden tells you to kill someone, and your heart says otherwise (which is always the case with less violent in case of Arabs ) then Osama has no legal religious authority over you. Your conscious is your only source of fatwa, you are to be blamed for accepting one, dismissing one or not being able to tell!
    7- The Shaikh, unlike the western clergy men, is not viewed as a helper to the ruling elite. Shaikhs have always bin tortured, imprisoned and executed for speaking against the caliphs in a time where no one else dared.
    And lots of people kill others in its name on a daily basis, brilliant!

"When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by generalveers View Post
    Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTREtm View Post

Disgusting!
    Did you even see the video? What in fact disgusting is Western hypocrisy, they still live in mindset of crusades and never accept that, they are not ready to think with open mind and they would welcome anything with open arms which provides them a chance to bash Islam and Muslims. Before making stupid posts do have a look at matter. He converted that black guy with his great kindness and mercy not with gun. Next time before extracting favorite results right out of your arse first investigate the matter.
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Did you even see the video? What in fact disgusting is Western hypocrisy, they still live in mindset of crusades and never accept that, they are not ready to think with open mind and they would welcome anything with open arms which provides them a chance to bash Islam and Muslims. Before making stupid posts do have a look at matter. He converted that black guy with his great kindness and mercy not with gun. Next time before extracting favorite results right out of your arse first investigate the matter.
    You're just as bad as the Islamophobes by generalizing the West as being as narrow-minded as them.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thelionheart View Post

Christianity is the largest religion, with Islam second.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast