Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ...for now...
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Default Re: CATW - Suggestions and comments

Epeiros should be safe in 275bc or 280bc.
    In 302bc or 220bc probably not.
    So it should all depend on the start date.
    And whether we can make CATW have those alternative start dates! :-)

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I want to ask, this site, is it yours?

http://www.ancient-battles.com/catw/seleucia.htm

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

I belive Dacia should be a definite adition to the faction rooster.
    They can have a big impact and a chalenging start position for a human player, as well as great oportunities for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    I want to ask, this site, is it yours?

http://www.ancient-battles.com/catw/seleucia.htm
    Yes, this is coco's website. He is the creator and previous leader of the mod.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

It belongs to CATW for whom Resef is the Mod leader

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

thanks for the answers

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post
    I belive Dacia should be a definite adition to the faction rooster.
    They can have a big impact and a chalenging start position for a human player, as well as great oportunities for AI.
    Dacia is already in.

About the website some of the screenshots are a little outdated with the units (from version 1.0) but on the plus side all of them are good eye candy.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Great.
    Just popped by to say to all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Happy Holidays!

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks! Same to you and everyone else.
    The AI Workshop Creator

This is the best mod for Rome. Period. I love the map and units. My only suggeston is added a Nubian/Kush faction. They were a more of a major player in the Roman world than say India or China. You have more than enough units to make a good faction roster. Plus it would give the Ptolemies something to worry about (other than the Seleucids). I may have suggested this before. I just started playing Rome again (been on MEdieval for a while).

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for your praise! We hope to make this mod more worthy of your statement in the next release which we are working very hard on and taking all suggestions and comments very seriously.

We will take your suggestion into consideration! Although if we were to add a faction to that region it would very likely be an Arabian as we have discussed that possibility. We will discuss this one too and see where that takes us but don't raise your expectation to much. The reason for this is that we want to take the focus to the entire world and add fun to every faction and not just the roma centeric ones.

We hope to create a very exciting atmosphere in the east just like how it is in the west. I view the current release as the Western focused campaign of CATW and I will release a "final" patch for it. The next release is the eastern focused campaign and both arguably have their own merits. However, the eastern one will definitely have a few advantages over the western focused one (at first..? we will see), in area's such as balance ,faction diversity, the map and a few animations.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Hi MansaSakura,

This is just amplifying Resef's reply.

If as planned, an Arabian faction is included, its territories would include Axum.
    Therefore the 2 'Nubian' territories, Meroe & Napata would be a possible bone of contention between Ptolemies and Arabians.
    The reason for making Arabians rather than Nubians the home of the faction is...
    The faction then needs watching by both Ptolemies & Seleukids.
    And has less of an AI issue with sea crossings.
    I might experiment with making Meroe the faction base/home.
    But I am anxious they don't become a purely Ptolemaic backyard.
    There is a potentially similar issue for the Pandyas in south India vis a vis the Mauryas in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by MansaSakura View Post
    This is the best mod for Rome. Period. I love the map and units. My only suggeston is added a Nubian/Kush faction. They were a more of a major player in the Roman world than say India or China. You have more than enough units to make a good faction roster. Plus it would give the Ptolemies something to worry about (other than the Seleucids). I may have suggested this before. I just started playing Rome again (been on MEdieval for a while).

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Mod foldered.

A brand new AOR system and new recruitment buildings :
    - The Royal Dockyard is now available to the macedonians and egyptians, they can recruit the mifghty hekkaidekere and other monsters galleys.
    - Carthage, at the same level, can built the port of carthage, which allows this fleet to recruit hepteres (7) and deceres (10).
    - Now you have the possibility to recruit auxilliary barrack, on two levels and AOR units only (depending of the regions this building belongs to).
    For example Carthage can recruit iberian units in spain only, same for africans, gauls, italians, etc. There are currently 35 AOR regions and 10 cities were specific units can be recruited (spartans of course, but also masilian hoplites, syracusans, corinthians, athenians, etc..)
    These buildings are expansive but opened a brand new dimension of realism, and impressive but realistic rosters. They are also benefic for the public order, lowering unrest and boosting security and happiness (you are currently recruiting the bad guys around...)
    - You have access also to a brand new kind of "mercenary muster fields" and "mercenary barracks" that allow you to recruit "standard" mercenaries, those you

As you can see its not a complete overhaul since its missing a few things but I would say all in all 95% of it is. & in the next few patches I am moving it closer and closer to that.
    As Carthage I can build Iberian, Italian, African units in capital. All of them.

In AFRICAN auxiliary muster field one can recruit also Samnite, Iberian, Campanian, Ligurian troops.
    So I suggest to look closer at this buildings.

I also think there should be 4 levels of mercenary buildings instead of 2 (for every level of the city above 1).
    In that buildings units should have better experience levels but not as high as now (3+5 = 8 level for all).
    I suggest using this pattern:
    auxiliary muster field level 1 = experience +1
    auxiliary muster field level 2 = experience +2
    auxiliary muster field level 3 = experience +3
    auxiliary muster field level 4 = experience +4

Details:
    auxiliary muster field level 1 allows recruit:
    Iberian Caetrati experience level 1
    Samnite Hastati experience level 1
    but NOT give +1 to all units!

PS: Using formula "recruits_exp_bonus bonus 3" gives cumulative +3 bonuses to all instead selected units.
    I suggest using this formula: "recruit "merc caetrati" 3 requires factions { carthage, }" which gives +3 bonus ONLY to selected unit.

As you can see on the picture I've added +3 effect for Iberi Caetrati only. I would add this to all selected units and remove the effect "experience bonus to troops trained here".

Moderator Emeritus

That is a good point, thanks for bringing it up. I had reduced exp given for the 1st level and only added +2 exp for second level for next version. I may now take your suggestion (crediting you) and redo it in that manner.

As for recruitment in Carthage this too is historical as Carthage's troops were mostly comprised of mercenaries only a few units like Sacred Band were actually Carthagnian citizens and even then the Sacred Band wasn't present at too many battles. You can read that in the building description too A lot of information is there to answer questions
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    That is a good point, thanks for bringing it up. I had reduced exp given for the 1st level and only added +2 exp for second level for next version. I may now take your suggestion (crediting you) and redo it in that manner.

As for recruitment in Carthage this too is historical as Carthage's troops were mostly comprised of mercenaries only a few units like Sacred Band were actually Carthagnian citizens and even then the Sacred Band wasn't present at too many battles. You can read that in the building description too A lot of information is there to answer questions
    That will be nice.

I understand Carthage's options and although they rather did not train Iberians in Africa, I can justify it. From the other side I've noticed that Ptolemies and Seleucids can also recruit all their auxilia and mercenaries in all starting cities. Ptolemies have African and Minor Asia cities, so just a few, but Seleucids have many regions in distant places. Should I play them more to conquer other cities to verify their aux/merc rosters?

Moderator Emeritus

Sure that would be a great help!
    The AI Workshop Creator

Thanks for taking it under consideration. Still love the mod!

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Just starting this mod, and the music is awesome. I like the factions and the units (and the card units)

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Bowstring animation in RTW?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-0-6-Released
    What about CATW's bows?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast