Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Suggestions and comments

Default Re: Suggestions and comments

Je suis en train d'attendre ton PM (oui, je crois que je ne puisse pas dire ça)

Libertus

Default Re: Suggestions and comments

add single greek state factions like sparta and athens and syracuse <3 that be awesomo and great mod just hate that i cant be sparta i like the spartan models btw

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: CATW - Suggestions and comments

you should include promethus cities and a 4tpy...I added both of those and they do enhance gameplay to a small but enjoyably fresh extent.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

If you want some publicity maybe create a trailer for youtube.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Good idea, but i'm not equipped to edit videos for youtube (and i have no time for this). If someone can do this that would be fine...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    Good idea, but i'm not equipped to edit videos for youtube (and i have no time for this). If someone can do this that would be fine...
    I have fraps, and stuff but however I'm not used to the whole new camera system . As well i need to check my fps . But if i can i will!

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Hi, I havn't downloaded your mod yet(although I'm just about to), I have a little suggestion though. It would be very interesting if you could perhaps post a campaign map overview(not only starting positions, but perhaps the minimap or so), it would also be interesting if you could show some(not all, of course) buildings that are implemented in this mod, I know from experience that people who have played alot of mods already want to know the diffrence between them so that they know that they won't be repeating the same stuff again.

I'm going to try out this mod now, and it seems damn well made!

Good suggestion .

Starting positions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Faction selection screen:

View of Gaul:

View of Greece:

In the last two screens, you can see the new textures for water and land.
    Last edited by Nelduin; October 03, 2011 at 05:06 AM.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

debux's Avatar Senator

Nice looking! Actually makes me want to try out this mod again... just that I'm curious about those blue spots on the campaign map... I guess they don't represent lakes, since there are a few right in the middle of the river that goes through the Alps...
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Actually, I don't know. That's a question for Cocobongoclub, I guess .

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

i love your MOd

but i have some questions and i hope you can answer them..

1. can i add the Darth Mod to your Mod?
    2. Can i use different skins? (i saw a great sommer/Winterpack for romans)
    3. I play the german version of the game... does that affect the mod?

Thx and rep

1. If you meant Darthformations mod, yes, you can play it with CATW. About Darthmod itself, as long as it is modfoldered like CATW, there is no problem. You can play both mods.
    2. If I remember right, cocobongoclub said that the different skins feature is disabled atm (Can't say why)
    3. No, it doesn't.

Thx you for playing the mod

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Nice looking! Actually makes me want to try out this mod again... just that I'm curious about those blue spots on the campaign map... I guess they don't represent lakes, since there are a few right in the middle of the river that goes through the Alps...
    That my friend would be a Marsh...

debux's Avatar Senator

Cool! Is it actually represented in the battlemap?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Hello i have just recently downloaded CATW and although i have played very little, i think its great the chance to play the small factions like the illirians or thrace.... many thanks

I'm helping with the Augustus Total War mod and would like your permission to use some of your awesome nubian/kushite units in it. He has created a kushite faction and the game would really rock with their addition to the unit roster. We'll make sure to give credit. Good work and I've really enjoyed your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by MansaSakura View Post
    I'm helping with the Augustus Total War mod and would like your permission to use some of your awesome nubian/kushite units in it. He has created a kushite faction and the game would really rock with their addition to the unit roster. We'll make sure to give credit. Good work and I've really enjoyed your mod.
    You should PM cocobongoclub-DJ, it would be the easier way .

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

My suggestion would be to add some provinces to the black sea (and maybe north africa/ spain) taking out the desert saharan provinces, I've always seen those provinces good for nothing, what do they are good for? getting you sand? whatever, there's no gain conquering sand, I would even say that's why the roman empire didn't go further in africa... the sahara would just give to you headaches as heat, death, emptyness, and rebellious people.

that's my only rant against your mod, all of the other is SPECTACULAR!!
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

make an extra campaign about the kings of rome. I know they didn't conquere huge terretories so make a map of rome and a 50 kilometer radius around it. Or more.

EDIT: if you do this you should edit the unit types because they were different in that time frame.

thanks

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

IM reinstalling RTW , i had RS installed, but this 1 looks more epic then RS, i find RS kinda overrated now, the new ideas are not so epic as they where at 1.0+, but i like mods that give orignal version a boost, but dont change all of the game machincs because it will mess the game up big time, like random ctd's and ctds while end turns or a siege ... i loveeee the skins on CATW, i cant wait to try the game out, i deff gona leave my peace of mind of the amazing looking mod!
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast