Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Suggestions and comments

Default Re: CATW - Suggestions and comments

why does the campaign description for Macedon have in it things about the former yugoslav republic of macedonia? Bearing in mind every single academic institution outside of skopje and its unique pseudo-history regards ancient macedon as hellenic and certainly not slavic/former Bulgarians like the inhabitants of Fyrom (or if your Borza, no modern people at all).

bit odd like, almost like its support said fairytale lol

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think this mod is right up there with some of the best, fantastic units. For me though the east is neglected ...no Indians or Baktria makes playing with the Arche Seleukia a little dissappointing. If work ever continued one day I would love to see a couple of western factions make way for the east.
    Not to mention no Pergamon. Still makes for a pretty great Roman campaign

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Baktria and Mauryan's were represented by rebels instead. The faction slots were sort of filled up. Once I am done finalizing the patches for CATW I will move on to creating a submod. Originally the submod would represent the classical age myths of the Amazons and other warrior women but I may try to work on a Mauryan faction instead as cocobongoclub-dj suggested he might do.

Such a submod takes a lot of time though due to the extensive coding and rewiring of factions etc and I am not promising anything since I can't delete map.rwm. the current map.rwm covers some sort of inconsitency to do with mapping which is not my forte and without deleting map.rwm I may not be able to do to much of an overhaul.

This is the difficulty of working alone on a one man project like coco did for so long before me.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Moderator Emeritus

Baktria and Mauryan's were represented by rebels instead. The faction slots were sort of filled up. Once I am done finalizing the patches for CATW I will move on to creating a submod. Originally the submod would represent the classical age myths of the Amazons and other warrior women but I may try to work on a Mauryan faction instead as cocobongoclub-dj suggested he might do.

Such a submod takes a lot of time though due to the extensive coding and rewiring of factions etc and I am not promising anything since I can't delete map.rwm. the current map.rwm covers some sort of inconsitency to do with mapping which is not my forte and without deleting map.rwm I may not be able to do to much of an overhaul.

This is the difficulty of working alone on a one man project like coco did for so long before me.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Well good luck with all that, look forward to seeing what you achieve

Hm. Could there be option during install for default campaign map GUI? I don't really like the GUIs that are in right now, especially the background for building/unit display is interfering with the icons creating strange contrasts, and Ptolemaic GUI is downright ugly IMO.

Moderator Emeritus

Try going to catw\data\ui\egyptian (or whichever other culture you don't want the UI in)\interface and deleting the files inside.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I like them

I have a question, is this mod modfolered or is it a complete overhaul like RS2?

Moderator Emeritus

Mod foldered.

Basic idea of whats in it.

Classical Age - Total War 1.1 Content
    - 7 new factions: Epirus, Illyria, Boii, Bellovaci, Senones, Arverni, Bosphorus.
    - More than 2,200 skins and about 35-50 units per faction recruited through the AOR
    - Skins and new models from CATW (never seen before), degree of detail and historical accuracy, see http://www.ancient-battles.com for more.
    - Longer battles (moral increase, less fatal blows except for cavalry charges and other tradeoffs)
    - Speed reduced for horsemen, horses redesigned according to the time, and many, accurate smaller horses.
    - System of Alternate skins (managed from DMB) be able to change the skins of its units during a campaign, but disabled to have a lighter file)
    - High definition skins ("true" 512 instead of 256) pixels and detailled models.
    - The 2/3 graphics changed
    - No More Cyclopean walls
    - The "barbarians" and others factions now have access to higher level barracks and barracks provincial related to their goals of conquest
    - Addition of the Royal Arsenal for Macedonian and Ptolemaic (can recruit units naval super-heavy type hekkaidekere)
    - Three times as many types of vessels and new graphics and descriptions
    - New historical descriptions, and many unusual names corrected
    - Prometheus and catw strat towns
    - Correct names for the Illyrians
    - Animation of Alin (EB)
    - Rebalancing costs and construction duration of buildings, much longer and expensive, as well as units, some of which are recruited 0 laps (lifted).
    - New recruitement building levels (coding) for all factions.
    - Many units in hidden resources specific to a region of 1 to 10 by factions (for example 10 types for the Greek hoplites).
    - New AOR
    - New buildings fr romans (socii barracks), greeks, easterns, and celts as well, and mercenary barracks.
    - Revamped Mundus Magnus Map with optional strat skins
    - Complete RS2 environment
    - Optional realistic pike
    - Quick battles available
    - Some historic battles are playable, plus 6 new historical battles.
    - 50 new custom battlemaps
    - New water reflections from Davide.cool minimod
    - New lights and true night battles from Horsearcher's skymod minimod.
    - Request a good CPU and graphic card (highly detailed 3D models, new strat map and models based on huge MM map, and a lot of hd skins).
    A brand new AOR system and new recruitment buildings :
    - The Royal Dockyard is now available to the macedonians and egyptians, they can recruit the mifghty hekkaidekere and other monsters galleys.
    - Carthage, at the same level, can built the port of carthage, which allows this fleet to recruit hepteres (7) and deceres (10).
    - Now you have the possibility to recruit auxilliary barrack, on two levels and AOR units only (depending of the regions this building belongs to).
    For example Carthage can recruit iberian units in spain only, same for africans, gauls, italians, etc. There are currently 35 AOR regions and 10 cities were specific units can be recruited (spartans of course, but also masilian hoplites, syracusans, corinthians, athenians, etc..)
    These buildings are expansive but opened a brand new dimension of realism, and impressive but realistic rosters. They are also benefic for the public order, lowering unrest and boosting security and happiness (you are currently recruiting the bad guys around...)
    - You have access also to a brand new kind of "mercenary muster fields" and "mercenary barracks" that allow you to recruit "standard" mercenaries, those you

- Animations overhaul.
    -New formations from sinhuet modified for CATW are in it.
    -A 6 turns per year script and force diplomacy script are included in this patch.
    As you can see its not a complete overhaul since its missing a few things but I would say all in all 95% of it is. & in the next few patches I am moving it closer and closer to that.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Well I wish you luck, and commend you for continuing development of this mod after the original developer retired from modding, excellent work.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. I hope he comes back, I had a PM from him about some things he worked on.

He's one of the most talented modders (though very unrecognized for his work) in TWC in my opinion. Hopefully he is able to come back someday
    The AI Workshop Creator

Indeed, his work needs more notice for its excellence, hopefully this mod will get more notice.

Agreed, and a very nice person to go with it.

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

This reply is intended for Resef and Antiochos Theos.
    I have been working on a mod which I shall probably never finish. But it does have a very accurate (historically and geographically) map running from Ireland to Tibet to India, Ceylon, Arabia, Mauretania. And it works.
    I am happy for you guys to use it for a sub-mod if you wish.
    Also have stuff like names, units etc.
    I have handled Pergamon and Baktria & Massilia & Sinope & Rhodes by making them owned by Greek_Cities faction.
    It has separate Mauryan and Pandyan (South-Indian) factions.
    I also used the 'senate faction to represent Independent civilized states while the slave faction represented independent rogue/raider states (as in CATW).
    It has same factions as RTW vanilla except;
    Thrace > Ptolemaic Egypt
    Dacia> Thraike & Dacia
    Britons > Illyrians
    Egypt > Mauryas
    Romans Scipii > Pandyas
    Romans_Brutii > Arabians

I'd love to see, hear about more...sounds very interesting

INdeed, anyhting that involves Baktria I'm interested in hearing about.

Moderator Emeritus

That sounds great Anarchon, now that you have CATW working feel free to join the team as a mapper and coder. I believe with your help we can take this mod much farther than I had previously planned going while working by myself.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Hi Resef, b257 & Antiochos Theos,

ok shall post something up shortly, am busy organizing visa/residence permit for next few days.
    would love to help on catw and am free full-time at present (once visa is organized).
    A (very small) map of my mod's geographic coverage forms my avatar.
    But am presuming shall give priority to perfecting catw 1.1 ahead of further developing mine.

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Default Re: CATW - Bugs and Issues

Just before I rush off to meeting, I realize I have forgotten to compliment you and the CATW team.
    It is stunningly beautiful!
    Maybe the French influence! :-)

I shall appear logged in for several hours now.
    I am logged in but absent from my laptop.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast