Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Bugs and Issues

Default Re: CATW - Bugs and Issues

Arab/Mauri light infantry in Egypt are invisible on the battlefield.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, shall look into this too. Sounds like a sprite issue. Likely to do with the tga generated and current format.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

CLASSICAL-AGE 1.1.5

Hai faction. Hayasdan bodyguard unit called Zradhan Spahbade has a very nice looking image, but it looks from picture that it should have bows/arrows. But this unit don't have bows. Bug?

Moderator Emeritus

It more there for accuracy I imagine, since that is such a powerful unit already and bows will make them act as horse archers which is unwanted.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Ptolemaic empty/unknown towns/forts have icon of Lithuania perhapes, but for sure not Ptolemaic. It's rather strange (horseman on white horse with blue shield on red background).

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

Hey guys, i would like to tell you something. I ve installed the mod and i launched it. When i ve entered to choose my campaign, i chose mundus magnus and i can see the whole map. Is that right? Also, the other optional campaign i can not launch it. But im asking, if i want to play this mod, do i have to see the whole map from india to britain?for example i can see every movement from every general or stack across the map. Is there a solution to this issue?

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

`(tylda) toggle_fow should do the work

I do not know if you still want bugs but, using v1.1.5 on Alexander. Although I see the same things when using RTW also, whilst playing as Pontus

1. Once I conquer Nicomedia, and the settlement expands it is impossible to build the governor's villa. Thus I cannot ever upgrade this settlement.
    2. I cannot attack Ancyra (in Galatia) at all. In fact none of my characters (spies, diplomats or armies) can go to it. There is just a cross, and the tool-tip "impossible to conduct missions across multiple turns". However, the AI is capable of conquering it as I say Egypt do so. If I start as Egypt I am unable to conquer the settlement.

Moderator Emeritus

Hi sporadicsmiles.

Not sure what is going on with 1, can you explain what you mean? Is the building grayed out or not there period?

For 2 Anarchon fixed the Ancyra issue for next version of the map.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Good news about Ancyra, I will just have to have an Egyptian hole in my territories for now =}.

For the issue with Nicomedia. There is no option to build the governer's villa at all, once the population has passed 2000. You get the pop-up message telling you the city has expanded fine, but there is nothing to build. The city doesn't ever expand again either. Corrupted download, do you think perhaps?

Moderator Emeritus

Odd, I am nearly 100% certain it is not a corrupted download as the game would not load if so. The issue lies elsewhere, possibly a bug native to RTW.
    The AI Workshop Creator

The plot thickens. I decided to play on as Pontus anyway, because I had made a really nice start. I now have found another issue (Asia Minor really dislikes me!!). I attacked Ipsus (I forget the region name), and conquered it without a battle and have the options to Occupy, Enslave, Slaughter. Whichever I select I get a CTD.

Can I just point out that I truly love the mod, and think the work is excellent. Just so it doesn't seem like everything I say is an issue! I had the best time fighting endless battles to defend Italy from Macedonia in my previous game!

Moderator Emeritus

No worries man every report counts and that's why this thread is here so we (the mod creators) can fix the bugs that you or any others report. I was away for about a week which is why I was unable to answer but I'm back now.

Try waiting 30 seconds before moving past the stat screen at the end of the battle. The mod uses up a lot of the game and CPU resources due to high def skins + RS2 environment and that is why I am suggesting waiting (which should ensure the CPU is finished its calculations and by extension that makes the game a lot more stable).
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hello guys! Did anybody had the same issue? After conquering the 50th region the game shuts down back to windows without any error message, but the game stops. At the moment i'm playing with BI 1.6 the game, it runs on Win8, i have the latest 1.15. . By the way a had other errors on win8, but i was able to solve it, but i can't get through this error, i've already got 49 regions, and if i conquer the game stops immediately.

Moderator Emeritus

Did you download and install the latest patch here (doing that should fix it)? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ALLATION-lt-lt

Unfortunately you may have to start a new campaign to fix it and delete your map.rwm.

edit: I really don't know how windows 8 works and how it works with any mod and RTW in general since I am using 7 but you will need to disable this so you can find your map.rwm (either that or you will need to search for map.rwm as a file and then delete it) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems
    Last edited by z3n; July 08, 2013 at 08:23 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey, there are some formation glitches in the file(quit game error message).
    Also, there are missing unit pics for custom battle/ in-battleunit cards), and also invisible units from high above, but visible from ground level from what I've discovered thus far(in like the last hour).
    Also,unit formationss are messed up(e.g. Macedon's lev pikemen (multiple units don't line up properly).

Any way to fix at least part of them?
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; August 14, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Yes. Thanks for reporting.

About unit formations, can you describe the problem?
    The AI Workshop Creator

UUh, I had some pics but I deleted them.
    : Example: When I try to arrange multiple units of macedon levy pikemen(1'st tire pikemen) into a single line, they form a rag-tag, "line, with lots of space between individual units, some units are behind, other are in front of were they should.
    Also, when I exit game I get a eror regarding the descr formations.

Moderator Emeritus

I have a suspicion that this may an engine limitation.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Could be