Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Bugs and Issues

Default Re: CATW - Bugs ans Issues

Brilliant other than that wicked mod, loving this and the fourth age!

Thanks .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

New test -removed-
    Last edited by z3n; December 09, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

No, but I got another error message this time:

Script error in catw/data/export_descr_buidlings.txt at line 4289, line 2

Building DB error - culture db max settlement differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bgd town vs clt huge_city)

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Chev's Avatar Laetus

I am playing the latest version you can DL with RTW 1.5 on XP. I am playing a Roman.

I get two repeatable CtDs. One is when I try to fight a battle (not auto resolve one) that have 2 or more enemy armies. The other is after playing a long while and doing well (I think) but get a warning that Pontos is going to clam victory. They have no holdings in Europe and I am constantly defeating their Armies. The CtD happens after taking a City and it starts to display the window where you get to pick if you want to occupy or enslave or exterminate I get a CtD. This happens with the second city I take no matter what city it is. I have gone back to earlier saved games and I can take cities just fine. I can send you a save game.

I do love the Game! I would like to see more exotic units (non-mercenary) out side Italy for the Romans.

Hi. Why can't I play the Imperial campaign in the Disabled Menu Option?

Because CATW's campaign is in "Provincial Campaign".

Chev's Avatar Laetus

Is there a city number limit for the Romans?? I updated to the new patch and started a new game and max out the number of cities. Is this game unfinishable?

Hi,

the mod works fine but i have the following problem: after several rounds the game just crashes - the moment i captured a settlement. I tried some more times, i can play more turns as long as i don't capture anything ("Rome - Total Peace" )

I then re-installed rome (with BI 1.5) and the mod. Unfortunatly with the same result. I think it's possible that i fullfill the victory-conditions and that the game tries to load a video and then crashes.

Has anyone the same problem?

Klaus

Chev's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by kbrandho View Post
    Hi,

the mod works fine but i have the following problem: after several rounds the game just crashes - the moment i captured a settlement. I tried some more times, i can play more turns as long as i don't capture anything ("Rome - Total Peace" )

I then re-installed rome (with BI 1.5) and the mod. Unfortunatly with the same result. I think it's possible that i fullfill the victory-conditions and that the game tries to load a video and then crashes.

Has anyone the same problem?

Klaus
    Yes, it sounds like the problem I am having. I have played the mod with other factions (non Roman) and I don't get the crash when I am offered victory.

Did you installed the last patch ? (1.1.4)

Chev's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Did you installed the last patch ? (1.1.4)
    Yes and started a new game and still got a CtD when I got too many cities. Do you want to check out a saved game??

Unfortunalely I can't do anything myself, sorry. Try to PM cocobongoclub-DJ, he is the only one able to help with bugs.

Cannot install because my disc is made by Creative Assembly. Your insturctions are for Activision and when installing it says 'cannot find path'. What do I do?

@Above
    I use Windows7 and the version of Rome Total War is Total War Eras which includes Alexander expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by pop View Post
    Cannot install because my disc is made by Creative Assembly. Your insturctions are for Activision and when installing it says 'cannot find path'. What do I do?
    You just have to navigate and choose your own "Rome - Total War" folder. The path will be automatically changed.

thanks for info i installed it again prblem with short cut the folder c programsactivison rome total war in start box is not valid. help help been wanting play this mod forever.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Your installation path should look like this = C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

. . . just a thought but the AI might be difficult, I suggest playing on a campaign difficulty of normal as a max. . .

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

is there a way to play this tasty package on Steam? EB and Hegemony work so is there a method for your guys work?
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Quote Originally Posted by sirfiggin View Post
    is there a way to play this tasty package on Steam? EB and Hegemony work so is there a method for your guys work?
    For sure ! The best way is to use the Steam Mods Launcher made by Paedric. With it, you can play with as many mods as you want .