Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Bugs and Issues

Default Re: CATW - Bugs ans Issues

Quote Originally Posted by TaiwaneseNinja View Post
    I got this error when I try to play for the first time, what did I do wrong?
    I got that error every time I open the game. I learnt to live with it

Indefinitely Banned
    From Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Living in Milpitas, California, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    I learnt to live with it
    What do you mean by? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?!?!?!?!?!

I'm running on XP, version 1.1.2, RTW 1.5
    Last edited by TaiwaneseNinja; September 11, 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    JES, i don't know were you found that catw was compatible with alex 1.9. It is not the case... It looks for chat_filter.san which is not included in catw subfolder. So it cannot run. I just have re-bought alex to test this. Just wait before an official patch for it. I know alex 1.9 is the best AI (of course not speaking of darth vader addon) so far in the regular "vanilla" RTW serie...
    Cocobongoclub-DJ: Very many thanks for your answer to my problem. I shall eagerly wait for your patch, I'm looking forward to playing your mod.

Addenum: Reading your last post made me realize the mod is not ready for Alexander. I have now tried it with BI and played a few early turns. The mod is superb. As well as the excellent models the accuracy of your unit types is impresssive. Your wide knowledge of classical history adds much to the interest of the game and makes it very immersive. I particularly like the early start date which allows one to re-live the very beginnings of Rome's rise to greatness. Thanks for all your hard work and the production of a 'classic' mod.
    Last edited by jes; September 12, 2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Addenum

I just reinstalled RTW for a second time (RTW gold on Windows XP).
    Did everything as instructed and can't get this mod to work (v. 1.1.2).
    I even downloaded the mod a second time in case it was corrupted.
    I get stuck on the start up screen and nothing happens.
    Haven't had problems with any other mods before
    Any ideas what could cause this?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jes View Post
    Cocobongoclub-DJ: I have now tried it with BI and played a few early turns.
    Just to clarify you add this to the target "RomeTW-BI.exe" to run it in barbie & is the AI noticeably different?
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Just to clarify you add this to the target "RomeTW-BI.exe" to run it in barbie & is the AI noticeably different?
    Yes I did add 'RomeTW-BI.exe to the target shortcut, mod runs well. I havn't try'd it with vanilla so I am unaware of any differences in AI.

i have downloaded the catw but the shortcut doesnt work and i cant seam to be able to get it to launch. i have a clean instal of Rome gold 1.5 but i still cant seam to get it to work. any ideas on what i could do to get it to work.

Go in the folder where you installed CATW. For example C:\Program Files\Rome - Total War. Create a new shortcut of RomeTW.exe and put it on your desktop. Then, right-click on it and add in the target line " - nm -show_err -mod:catw -movie_cam -enable_editor" (the space before the - is very important).

With my example, it should be: "C:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:catw -movie_cam -enable_editor.

Play with this new shortcut.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Legionario's Avatar Semisalis

It's nearly impossible to play,CTDs all over,every few turns,usually at turn change,or when conquering a City,pity because it was looking as a promising Mod... :-(
    Clean BI install 1.6,on XP,no installation or launching problems,patched to 1.1.3...but no way....
    E fra chi lo ascoltò,alcuni erano buoni
    molti erano malvagi,
    e molti non erano niente,
    come tutti gli uomini...in qualsiasi luogo....

Quote Originally Posted by Legionario View Post
    It's nearly impossible to play,CTDs all over,every few turns,usually at turn change,or when conquering a City,pity because it was looking as a promising Mod... :-(
    Clean BI install 1.6,on XP,no installation or launching problems,patched to 1.1.3...but no way....
    You are the only one who reported that. Did you try RomeTW.exe or RomeTW-BI.exe ? Or both ?

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

OK,it works with TW.exe but has big problems with BI,also on BI, no way to play custom battles as well,I had tried only BI, because has better AI,and does support naval invasion....
    molti erano malvagi,

You should reinstall RTW and try again. That's very often the only solution.

Well even with TW.exe,at 289BC,change of turn, CTD forever,so..... :-(
    It was a clean install,as I do always,RSII and EB ( or other Mods I tried ) work with no problems....this one is definetely a loser...
    molti erano malvagi,

You really don't have to speak like that, CATW works for everyone, and there is no problem at all when it's installed on a fresh RTW. The mod was downloaded hundred times, and you're the only one who report that problem.

So the problem come obviously for your installation , and not from the mod.

I suppose it is a joke of yours because,my boy,I have hard copies on CD,of both RTW patched to 1.5,and BI patched to 1.6,wich I use everytime,from ages....now,all of the mods I had used and tried,whenever they were finished enough and stable,worked like a charm...so the problem it is not in my installation,I'm afraid,apart that from what I see,there's only a few people using this one,this Forum is a bit "deserted",so you don't have feedback enough to estabilish,how many people, really have a working mod running with no random CTDs;I had tried with BI first,using both the Exes,to launch it,and it ended as i told,and today I tried with RTW 1.5,same result,apart from custom battles working OK,I can go ahead in a campaign,until a certain point,and then any time I go to the next turn,it CTD at the end of the list of factions....no way...sorry because I liked it ( apart the map wich, as someone else's pointed out,is poor) but I gave up
    molti erano malvagi,

Listen, the installer was tested a lot of time, and it works. I'm not behind your computer, so sorry but I can't do anything and find the problem for you. I said try to reinstall the mod. If you did it and still doesn't work, I don't know what I could add.

But you don't have to said that the mod is "loser" or something, because there is people who worked for years on this mod, thousands hours on it, and because it works for the majority of people. Now I'm sorry for you, but I can't do anything more.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

not exactly a bug but i find when i exit the game my computer reports `rtw has experinced a problem etc`,no probs with the game itself,am playing it on a downloaded version of rtw gold 1.5,using windows XP 32,a radeon HD3450,1GB Ram and 2.4 processor.trying a ptolemaic campaign,great fun so far ,will post a map later.i downloaded CATW 1.1 but not the patch yet.

here is map,have added patches.
    unfortunately i`ve had to give this mod up,keep getting CTD`s in the Halicarnusess region.
    Last edited by johnswan; October 11, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

There is two patch to install. You should do it, otherwise you will miss some good improvements.

About your reports, It could be some bugs/errors in the files that would be fixed later.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

cheers i`ll give them a try

First off, absolutely incredible mod. Thank you guys for all your hard work!

The farther I progress in a campaign game, the more CTDs I begin to have (about one every half hour), but always right after the rebels move, right after a battle, or while deciding how to occupy a city (peace/loot/exterminate).

I am running 1.1.3, on a Win 7 machine, installed over RTW 1.5.

I've found a workaround by keeping multiple saves. If one get me stuck on a CTD, I simply load an older one and change my gameplay decisions. This usually prevents the game from crashing in the same place.

Please let me know if there is any other info I can give you. Again, great mod and thanks in advance for any advice!