Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Bugs and Issues

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Default CATW - Bugs and Issues

Here you will find support for catw.

Before posting a bug, please, providing these elements will be helpful :
    - The mod version you are using
    - Your OS (XP, vista, seven)
    - Your platform (RTW gold, RTW 1.5, 1.3, BI1.6, Alex 1.9, etc.)
    - Other observation in game : no error message, crash when battle loading, campaign loading, etc...

By the way, if your are interested to be a beta tester, please contact me via Msg, under certain condition you will be granted the lastest release.

Known Issues In 1.1.5

Formations/Units Fix Located Here.
    Last edited by z3n; January 23, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Default Re: Bugs ans Issues

Cannot access quick battles or custom battles ? on bi 1.6 will play campaign on mundus map only. will? c

Do you tried to modify your catw exe to run BI ?
    If you have the typical KTM bug or "choose an element from the list", your RTW base installation seems to not be perfectly "virgin". Although catw is modfoldered, your RTW installation needs to be untouched. That's not the case for some mods which are not modfolrered like RS2...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...

Well I have rome total war gold and when I choose any campaign my game just doesnt respond(in the loading screen..it loads up to 20% I think xD), and im forced to close the program

I suppose I have to reinstall?

EDIT- This occured after I copied/pasted the files for the prometheus cities, before that campaign could start
    Last edited by Athenian Strategos; August 23, 2011 at 05:51 PM.

Sorry for late answer...
    To be true my own version of TW was the very first (2004), so i never tested catw under Gold.
    But if the TW installation is well on 1.5, catw is modfoldered, but not prometheus strat cities (worked for others, but never for me, although i used the same links), which have to be copied and paste over your vanilla installation... If it freezing at the beginning of the campaign loading, its is certainly due to a corrupted 3d file (probably during many uploads/downloads, and multiples copies under hard drives, HDD, and usb keys... Try to find or restore original vanilla strat cities, this could fix the problem. I will try to test them and make a separate installation pack.

A very old bug, when you move troops out of a city, they can't get out the first turn, they are surrounded by a red circle like if there were enemies near

Just as you say, a very old one... What causes this (the region is under "slave" control), is that there's obviously a conflit with the campaign files in mundus magnus directory and another one - yet unidentified - file in the main data and probably vanilla data (oustide catw) directory. I found nothing about this in the tutorials.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

showed round a city in Galatia into which it is impossible to come, I hope you haven't forgotten about this error.

I have to try it myself...
    Do you have tried to resolve the battle automatically ?

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    I have to try it myself...
    Do you have tried to resolve the battle automatically ?
    It seems yes, I long held this city in a siege, and in the end they have surrendered, and the city has become empty. After that it is impossible to come into a city, and capture.
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; August 30, 2011 at 06:04 AM.

Ok, i have a clue that it is linked with my generic bug "clt huge city vs min city" which is and refers to the very last line in EDB. I have still not solved it as it refers perhaps to the limit of population in the area : in fact there are three full stack galatian armies and a fourth in the city itself, and because this city would have been a huge one and not a village according to EDB rules.
    The problem is if i respect the rules, you would have very week independant armies everywhere, and to steamroll the map in a few turns...

Windows XP
    RTW Gold

Makedon Campaign. Engaging the rebel stack near Corinth with stack of my own causes CTD. No error messages.

Also note that several enemy units in the stack do not have unit cards.
    Last edited by nasher168; September 09, 2011 at 04:04 AM.

Default Re: CATW - Bugs ans Issues

Your mod seems most interesting. However after installing as per instructions it will not start. After the load screen I get the message "Failed to read censored word dictionary file catw: data//chatfilter.san" Fortunately my computer is not politically correct and does not have a censored word dictionary!!

Specs - seven
    TW gold using Alexander 1.9

I would love to try out your mod if the issue can be resolved.
    Last edited by jes; September 09, 2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Typos

The only advice I could give is try to uninstall the mod and RTW, then install RTW and CATW following step by step the instructions. I'm sure in 90% case that kind of error message appear when RTW is not clean or/and the mod isn't well installed. Sometimes a corrupted download could be an explanation. The solution is to download it again.
    I know its not pleasing but for me that's the only way.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    The only advice I could give is try to uninstall the mod and RTW, then install RTW and CATW following step by step the instructions. I'm sure in 90% case that kind of error message appear when RTW is not clean or/and the mod isn't well installed. Sometimes a corrupted download could be an explanation. The solution is to download it again.
    I know its not pleasing but for me that's the only way.
    Thaks for your advice. All clean and installed correctly - must be a corrupted download I'll try again

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Your missing the alexander file chatfilter.san, copy and paste it from your alexander data folder into catw.
    Last edited by z3n; October 09, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I had an issue ... but now its solved.. actual the only problem is that i didn't know how to delete this post.

sorry great mod by the way.. i reinstalled rome only because of your mod!!!!!

Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; September 10, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    I don't think there should be two back slashes data//chatfilter (rtw crashes due to errors in the txt) maybe that's what is causing your game to crash...it would probably be easier just to redownload then fix that
    Thanks for all your help - tried everything, still get the same. Oh well back to EB and RS II

JES, i don't know were you found that catw was compatible with alex 1.9. It is not the case... It looks for chat_filter.san which is not included in catw subfolder. So it cannot run. I just have re-bought alex to test this. Just wait before an official patch for it. I know alex 1.9 is the best AI (of course not speaking of darth vader addon) so far in the regular "vanilla" RTW serie...

Indefinitely Banned
    From Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Living in Milpitas, California, USA.

I got this error when I try to play for the first time, what did I do wrong?

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast