Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Bugs and Issues

Default Re: CATW - Bugs ans Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Why did you post this in the bug forum if you didn't even give us anything to work with..."crashing on different occasions".

The rorarii? They were armed in a way which superficially resembled the triarii, as there is at least one Livian example where they are used to substitute for the triarii and confuse the enemy as to triarii's real location.
    Okay, I play romans in about the 6th turn. I fight a battle with a rebel force; I defeat them and after that CTD.
    So I go back in time and reload my last save. I choose to built a road in one of my new towns and upgrade my principes in Rome. In the mean time my diplomat is on his way to Macedonia. I click next turn and CTD again.
    I've already had 4 CTD's in 6 turns now.

No other RTW mod I have on has so many CTD's. I believe its not my RTW version or something. It's the mod.

I also have put the video settings at the lowest level and still the battles are very slow.
    Mods that I run on MTWII do not have that problem. So I'm puzzled.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

For the after battle crashes wait for 30 seconds or until your computer stops thinking (these crashes are caused by your CPU becoming overworked). I've never had a problem with lag during battles. What are your computers specifications?

For the after battle crashes wait for 30 seconds or until your computer stops thinking (these crashes are caused by your CPU becoming overworked). I've never had a problem with lag during battles. What are your computers specifications?
    Dell Vostro 1510, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1.80GHz, 2 GB RAM
    Never had these problems with MTW2.

Moderator Emeritus

Ahah yes..RTW unfortunately doesn't fully utilize multiple cores, so your machine may be to slow to play CATW.

So is this mod compatible with other mods? and will it replace the original files of the game?

p.s. Excellent job on this mod

Moderator Emeritus

Its fully mod foldered so it won't replace the original files of the game making it compatible with other mods.

And I agree, Coco and Nelduin created a wonderful mod.

Ahah yes..RTW unfortunately doesn't fully utilize multiple cores, so your machine may be to slow to play CATW.
    And that problem doesn't exsist on MTWII (since the map battles are fine there)?
    Even on the lowest settings the map battles are very slow on RTW.

I gave the mod another try and now it seems to work fine. I believe it must have been a messed up game save, because after I started all over I had no more CTD's.

M2TW can use multicore, RTW not. And RS 2 environments take a lot of ressources.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

So I'm having a bit of a ctd problem. I'm playing as the Macedonians on catw1.3 with Barbarian Invasion and whenever I try to fight one of the starting greek rebel armies i.e. Athens or the army near Korinth I get a ctd. I have screen shots if that helps at all, so here is basically what happens.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I send my army to attack the rebel army seen standing near the statue of Zues.

The battle screen comes up and then goes to the loading screen just fine, but before it finishes loading my game crashes and I get this message.

So it looks like we know where the error probably is, but I have no modding experience and really don't feel like trying to fix this as I'll probably just mess it up even worse. So any idea what's causing this and how to fix it? I'm enjoying the mod so far, but these crashes are forcing me to auto-resolve which has less than perfect results and is not nearly as fun. Thanks for any help and good job on this mod!

P.S. If it helps I have fought a regular spawning rebel army just fine so those don't appear to be causing me any problems (at least not the one I fought.).

Did you tried again by loading another save ? I'm trying to find where is the problem but I'm not really a modder, so let's hope that cocobongo or resef will come around here. Be patient and sorry

Edit: I tried to attack the same army and I had a CTD. It seems that the turn when you attack them doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Nelduin; December 06, 2011 at 06:11 AM.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Yeah, I tried multiple saves and it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm the attacker or defender as the same error happened while besieging Athens, both th0rough me attacking and the garrison sallying out. Thanks for the reply and I guess it's time to play the waiting game.

Moderator Emeritus

I found an interesting setting in my BIOS, on my Dell Latitude D820 there is an option in the BIOS called 'performance' in that option you should be able to choose between one core and multiple core usage (the computer will act as if both cores are a single cpu instead of using them as two or more cpu's). I'm not entirely sure how this would affect RTW yet but it might help alot. Keep in mind that other processes may act slower with this option enabled but RTW should act much faster.

And in reply to xsithspawnx..I uploaded this a page back.

(obsolete file)
    Last edited by z3n; February 10, 2012 at 09:44 PM.

I didn't notice

Thanks for those fixes, I added them into the Download Thread.

I tried this fix, but I have the same CTD.

Moderator Emeritus

Try opening up the export_descr_building.txt and then press control+g. Once that window is open type in 334. Use the sidebar to navigate to the end of the line. Check for , } at the end of the faction list.

If RTW crashed without an error, I have a fairly good idea of what the problem is.

Also I suggest that you use the rome total war .exe. Barbarian invasion seems to cause alot of CTD's.

The line should look like this: city_barracks requires factions { spain, romans_brutii, romans_senate, dacia, gauls, numidian, germans, carthaginian, armenia, pontus, egyptian, greek, romans_julii, } <-- note the enclosed line.
    Last edited by z3n; March 08, 2012 at 10:26 PM.

I use RomeTW.exe and I have the same bug. I don't know if xsithspawnx was with BI .

Code:
            city_barracks requires factions { spain, romans_brutii, romans_senate, dacia, gauls, numidian, germans, carthaginian, armenia, pontus, egyptian, greek, romans_julii, }

Yes, I have the same line... that's weird.

Edit: Did you tried the same battle, resef ? I mean attack the rebel army near sparta.
    Last edited by Nelduin; December 06, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    I use RomeTW.exe and I have the same bug. I don't know if xsithspawnx was with BI .

Code:
            city_barracks requires factions { spain, romans_brutii, romans_senate, dacia, gauls, numidian, germans, carthaginian, armenia, pontus, egyptian, greek, romans_julii, }

Yes, I have the same line... that's weird.

Edit: Did you tried the same battle, resef ? I mean attack the rebel army near sparta.
    Not yet, I will soon. I have install RTW again.

edit: And in his post he mentioned he uses BI.

editedit: I have an odd feeling its something coco mentioned he was having problems with. My other suspicion is that it could also be a encoding problem with the DDS.

For now your best solution would be to ignore that particular army or try autoresolving the battle with a massive army of levy pikemen and a general with a large number of command stars.

"But there is still two enduring bugs i have to cope with, which are both related with the way EDB and DS works together about the "slave factions"." Coco
    Last edited by z3n; December 06, 2011 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks for the help. I just got home from work so I haven't had the chance to try the fix out yet, but I'll try it fairly soon and update this post with the results.

Hi all getting the following error message:

I am running RTW Gold, Windows 7 using BI.exe (happened with TW.exe also)

Error normally appears when i am entering a battle or at end of turn.

Many Thanks!
    Last edited by Disturbance; December 08, 2011 at 06:38 AM.

Yeah, we are trying to solve this problem atm.