Default Re: CATW - Bugs ans Issues

Ok, thanks.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Looked through the Epirus and Carthage units and found this sprite glitch for Carthage:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's the only one I found of the two.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Sort of looks like a nearly but not quite finished model. Or an invisible texture. Anyway, I'm happy you aren't encountering any crashes loading the units. Which makes me happy since the coding part is my real forte. Visuals I will ask coco to look into if he is interested.

Also you have been a great help so far, would you be interested in becoming a real beta tester? I just finished polishing the roman,greek, barbarian leadership & religion systems and then created an entirely new one for the eastern cultures today. I would be happy to have someone to test to see everything is working the way it should. I'll also send you updates from time to time to keep you with the same version I have. Are you interested?
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Be a part of the Development of an excellent Mod such as this, Heck yeah I'm interested.

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Default Re: CATW - Bugs and Issues

Hi Resef,

I just got CATW running.
    I thought the patch automatically overwrote into the data folder.
    Did not realize it needs manual pasting. Sorry about that.
    I just tried deleting the map.rwm file for map regeneration.
    It works fine for me. ie the map re-generates.

When I exit RTW-CATW I get an error message as folows:
    script error in export_descr_buildings.txt at line 4316 col2
    building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg town vs clt huge city)

Moderator Emeritus

I know its a coding error but I am not familiar with the exact format of it, right now I'm hazarding a guess that it's something to do with the amount of troops in galatia but I am not to certain about it. When I eventually find some time I will try and move those armies around and see what happens from that. I believe its some rule that RTW has, the amount of troops there demand that it be a huge city not a town.

And ok about the map.rwm that is interesting and good news, I think I know what the problem for me is now

Also I am very glad it works for you now, guess the server link is best eh?
    The AI Workshop Creator

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Re Coding Error for Galatia;
    Hi Resef,
    Something for you to consider.
    Have all cities be 'Huge City" (plan/typr). Will this cure it?
    I was experimenting with this before switching attention to units.
    It means the domestic buildings stay the same style when the population increases a level, which was what I wanted.
    What I was trying to achieve was this;
    Domestic houses always stay the same style, barbarian in barb areas, eastern in eastern areas etc
    No matter what the level or who owned the city. So barb housing in a barb-area city even if controlled by say Indian or Greek or Roman faction.
    For public buildings could be either in style of faction, or owner could choose their faction style or local-style. (Was probably gonna have to be the former).
    Using huge city plan for all levels made this possible (but was gonna need complete re-spec of buildings layouts)
    It meant large open areas at lower town levels, but this is realistic. City walls were usually built to include open areas (to follow most defensible landscape, for penning livestock in seiges and for future expansion).

And if it means you can have large armies as well, all the better! :-)

Just a thought cos it means a lot of work!

Moderator Emeritus

Very interesting. I have just ported something of great interest to me concerning settlements and walls more on that later if I recieve permission.

Also please download the latest patch

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ie8g94

If you have not already, unzip it to your desktop then open up the folder and select all the files in there and copy them. once done go into your CATW/data folder and paste them into there. That should fix quite a few things and add some interesting content.

Also since you are on the CATW team with b257 I will be sending you the latest trait systems and other interesting things I have worked on. Hopefully I will blaze through re balancing the EDU by the end of this week.

I'll reply in depth to your last 2 posts due to reasons in my private message later.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hi Guys,

I am using V1.15
    I am running Windows 7
    My version is RTW 1.5(though I can use Alexander and Barbarian Invasion)
    My problem is that when I load CATW it gives me the following message "Script Error in data/export_descr_unit.text, at line 3627, column 18. Unrecognised mount type 'horse cataphract2'."

Thanks for any help you can give me in advance!

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)

Moderator Emeritus

#1 I recommend using Alexander exe since you have it.

#2 It sounds to as a faulty installation thanks to a corrupted download. Redownloading and reinstalling 1.1 & 1.1.5 should fix it.
    The AI Workshop Creator

ArcheSel

Hello, the CATW shortcut included in the CATW folder doesn't work, so i had to change the path of the main RTW desktop shortcut. Is there a risk of bugs or other issues?
    Thanks

Moderator Emeritus

No there shouldn't be. And that 'shortcut' is actually an image for your shortcut.

If you would like to have that image as your start up exe image.
    Go to properties on the exe, then say change icon, and then click image. Go through the paths until you reach the CATW folder

The path should look something like this but I am using XP since it is best to mod on. And I would guess that it is a very outdated looking path. %ProgramFiles%\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\catw\catw_logo.ico
    The AI Workshop Creator

ArcheSel

Ok thanks for the help!

Will there be another release of CATW, in the following months?

Moderator Emeritus

Yes there will be. I've spent some time working on a few things and improving others.

Anarchon's also been doing extensive work on his map.

Along with the new map there will be new factions, new units and new features.

Several new and exciting things will be added also with the permission of modders like Joar,PROMETHEUS ts, Pat89 and Dimebagho.

Edit: Some work/new additions has been previewed already in the development thread and the map preview of Anarchon's work.
    Last edited by z3n; January 31, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

When I try to view any settlement on the battle map, game crashes with this error:"Script Error in CATW/data/descr_formations-ai.txt, at line 19297, column 1. Group Formation script error: at least one formation block required" I've reinstalled the game couple of times and it is the same. But settlement battles load and work fine.

RTW 1.5 with CA patched to 1.1.5., Win7

Moderator Emeritus

We chose not to activate settlement battles. If we do an alex.exe version we will reactivate it there.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

I've installed CATW 1.1.5. There is a problem with modesty patch in folder "optional". I've got a message unable to find skeleton 'fs_Prome_hc_javelinman' and have to use standard file. Please upload something that helps me using the one with modesty.

I've also other suggestions (a long list about balance, available upgrades, buildings, etc) - where is a good place to post it?

Moderator Emeritus

I had forgotten to update that file, I will look into it and create a modesty patch for upcoming version. Thanks.

You could create a new thread here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Age-Total-War titled whatever you feel is a good idea or you could PM (private message) me. Or email me at jah_10@live.com, your choice.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I've noticed something odd: during a siege battle (athens), when you view the battlefield from a hill, an unit of hoplites disappeared, then it reappeared when i zoomed on.

Moderator Emeritus

Sprite issue, thanks for reporting, I will hunt through DMB and find which is missing.
    The AI Workshop Creator