Thread: General unit`s horse mask

Default General unit`s horse mask

Is there a way or a mod to remove those horrendous horse - face - masks from General units ?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: General unit`s horse mask

It should be as simple as removing references to all masks in the particular unit_variant file. You can find these unit_variant files in "variantmodels > units" either in the models2.pack, patch5.pack or patch7.pack, depending on what units you want to change. The unit_variant files for generals are in models2.pack; there's quite a few of them.

In short, yes there's a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    It should be as simple as removing references to all masks in the particular unit_variant file. You can find these unit_variant files in "variantmodels > units" either in the models2.pack, patch5.pack or patch7.pack, depending on what units you want to change. The unit_variant files for generals are in models2.pack; there's quite a few of them.

In short, yes there's a way.
    Many thanks, IŽll give it a try .

Hm ... , I tried it . Deleted "Horse Hat" in unit variant models , got ctd upon loading battle .
    Is it only me who dislikes those masks or is there probably someone willing to create a little mod ?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

replace it with a different hat, the samurai or ronin one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    replace it with a different hat, the samurai or ronin one.
    Thanks , hope it works .

Oh , I forgot that you are responsible for the unit variety mod . Simply great by the way .
    If I changed the mentioned "Horse hat parameters " in your mod , do you think it`ll work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elchnase View Post
    Is it only me who dislikes those masks or is there probably someone willing to create a little mod ?
    No. You are not the only one. I was on the verge of uninstalling the game after playing one battle - purely because of it - despite having been a huge fan of total war titles for close to a decade. Then I found this thread. And I made an account specifically to say - yes, you are not the only one, and thank Akaie and Hedge Knight.

And I do apologise for the sin of the shameful thread necro. My sole excuse is that words cannot describe how much of an issue this was for me, and how happy I am to have found a solution.