Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH + CRASHES (dxdiag attached)

Default BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH + CRASHES (dxdiag attached)

Hi guys.

I just bought I new gaming PC, but, as many other people out there, that only gave me headaches. I write now to report about having BSOD while playing Shogun 2 in Dx11 all maxed out.

Thing is that if I play in Dx9 or even directx11 low graphics, no problem, but if I max them in dx11, I get a BSOD just short after I finish deployment and click start battle in a custom battle. Sometimes the crash doesn't even take me to the BSOD, just collpases the PC and after reboot windows tells tat an error ocurred, type of error: Blue Screen. Usually, the crash will be preceded of the sound stopping to work, after that, a freeze, and then the crash/BSOD. So far no problems in Napoleon TW or other games. I also got a BSOD while uninstalling catalyst drivers.. what makes me think about some issue with the graphic cards...

Here is my dxdiag attached, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Arandir83; August 18, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Default Re: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH + CRASHES (dxdiag attached)

could be a driver issue. uninstall all ati drivers and download this one:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Cata...load-2654.html

and see what happens. if it still BSOD, contact the computer manufacturer.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Hi Alfonso, and thanks for your reply. I tried several drivers, including what you suggested. No change...

I'll take it to the shop today... Jesus, is it that hard to make a damm TW game to work properly without spending more time trying to figure out what's wrong?...

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Normally bsods occur because of driver errors or hardware failures. they're not normally caused by faulty applications.

could be xfire issue...you have a 6900 right?

with a new pc you need to run some tests n some benchmarks (if you want i can link you the best software to test). it could be just the one game...nothing wrong with the hardware. this is true esp re sli+xfire.

hablo espanol si quieres...suerte.

Hi guys.

My PC is at the store now, they're gonna try to fix it as soon as possible, so now I write from my laptop.

First of all, thanks for your replies, I appreciate them. About drivers, doesn't seem that's the problem, cause I had them all to date, including Bios, an also I tried different catalyst drivers... So I think is gonna be some hardware issue, more probably related to xfire, maybe it's not properly installed, or the cards are faulty.

It is weird that NTW didn't give any problem, maybe is the dx11 that pushes the card to a more demanding graphics point, so it collapses for some weird reason. What I do know is that is NOT NORMAL, cause other people has the same built I do and they don't experience problems. So I'll try not to get screwed over by the store...

Total headache, I don't think I should benchmark my PC.. they should have done it before giving it to me, and also, the game shouldn't cause that problem. Oh, cool that you speak spanish Gracias por tu apoyo y espero que pueda decir pronto que todo se ha solucionado. And yeah, I've got 2x Gygabite 6970.

since it does have xfire, many people have problems with the game running xfire/sli. if they can not find a problem, have then run the game with 1 card only and then both cards with xfire disabled, then we can be sure if its driver, physical, or game related.
    Visit my Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    since it does have xfire, many people have problems with the game running xfire/sli. if they can not find a problem, have then run the game with 1 card only and then both cards with xfire disabled, then we can be sure if its driver, physical, or game related.
    Thanks Alfonso, sure I'll do that . But I used to have another xfire configuration 2x6870, and didn't get that problem. It was another system, so I can't say for sure the problem is only in the cards, but if I didn't get problems with one crossfire and then I have them with another makes thing more odd.

And I haven't heard of anyone having this problem with shogun 2. Let's just wait and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir83 View Post
    Thanks Alfonso, sure I'll do that . But I used to have another xfire configuration 2x6870, and didn't get that problem. It was another system, so I can't say for sure the problem is only in the cards, but if I didn't get problems with one crossfire and then I have them with another makes thing more odd.

And I haven't heard of anyone having this problem with shogun 2. Let's just wait and see what happens

This forum has many posts related to the issue, and 99 percent are solved by disabling sli/xfire, but each computer is specific and unique, so I am sure its one of those 3 things i mentioned, good luck and please let us know what they find out.
    Visit my Youtube Channel

Hi again.

Yes, I found other posts about BSOD, but the problem was not the same as mine, cause I can actually start de game, and get to a battle. And only if I turn graphics up in DX11, so the problem happens in a very specific pattern, and the solutions they offered for those people (updating BIOS, etc.) didn't work for me.

Anyway, they should call me later today or early tomorrow. I'll keep you informed
    Last edited by Arandir83; August 19, 2011 at 07:03 AM.

as your english is very good no need for me to show off

well benchmarks and programs are good so that you can narrow down issues and it means you dont have to take it back to the shop.

i started off this way but then found out building myself and troubleshooting is the best way. i helped a similar guy a yr or so ago because he bought a high end system and had several issues and several trips to the shop. took us a month or so to figure it out. lets hope yours is quicker.

that aside here are some usefull progs and benches. (benches are safe as are all the other software).

for gpu ocing and fan http://downloads.guru3d.com/-MSI-Aft...load-2718.html

for cpu monitoring http://downloads.guru3d.com/HWiNFO64...load-2730.html

drivers http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

benches (i use these 2, very usefull) http://downloads.guru3d.com/Resident...load-2331.html

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Aliens-v...load-2553.html

now if you get into ocing cpu and want to test overall pc stability these are good

http://downloads.guru3d.com/OCCT-(Ov...load-1880.html
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBur...load-2047.html

the above raise temps. so dont use if you have stock cooler.

maybe u know this stuff already...

basically if your pc is built right and you run these tests n play some games all should pass etc and no temp issues n bsod. however if one game is causing the issue you shouldnt need to take back the pc.

as someone else said you can test one card at a time. it is a hassle but worth doing. again you can do this yourself. no shop needed.

doesnt spaxspore have same gpu combo? i'd def ask him re xfire.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; August 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM.

I have your same freaking problems , for a new pc on wich i spent 2000 bucks! Tough i have blue screens for everything from games (all) to normal applications , and crashes as well . I did all sort of test to find any errors , but notthing I think its a problem of compatibility , but dont know what the to do . I'm going to cry .

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    I have your same freaking problems , for a new pc on wich i spent 2000 bucks! Tough i have blue screens for everything from games (all) to normal applications , and crashes as well . I did all sort of test to find any errors , but notthing I think its a problem of compatibility , but dont know what the to do . I'm going to cry .
    read this thread to help troubleshoot, also follow this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=465099
    Visit my Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    dont fret, all will be solved! post a dxdiag. best to start another thread rather than hijack this one...that's if you havent found a solution.

your's sounds worse than the senors here...(also include info re custom build or shop etc etc and which tests you have done).

Hi guys.

They called me from the store, telling me that actually they found that the game causes crashes and bsod, but they can't just find where the problem is. They tried all stress tests, hardware tests, and that. They told me that disabling crossfire caused the problem to DISAPPEAR, and that makes me think on one faulty card. I told them to try each card separately, as Alfonso suggested, they'll do this this afternoon and they'll call me to tell me how it went.

I really hope that's the problem, cause if not, only thing I can think of is that Shogun 2 doesn't like my system (programming, coding, optimization problem...).I'll keep you informed guys.
    Last edited by Arandir83; August 24, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir83 View Post
    Hi guys.

They called me from the store, telling me that actually they found that the game causes crashes and bsod, but they can't just find where the problem is. They tried all stress tests, hardware tests, and that. They told me that disabling crossfire caused the problem to DISAPPEAR, and that makes me think on one faulty card. I told them to try each card separately, as Alfonso suggested, they'll do this this afternoon and they'll call me to tell me how it went.

I really hope that's the problem, cause if not, only thing I can think of is that Shogun 2 doesn't like my system (programming, coding, optimization problem...).I'll keep you informed guys.
    Glad to see there doing things in the way I would, not many computer techs are like this. but I have to ask, is this place where you bought the computer and also keep tabs on the cost of the bill if it is not.
    Visit my Youtube Channel

Glad to see there doing things in the way I would, not many computer techs are like this. but I have to ask, is this place where you bought the computer and also keep tabs on the cost of the bill if it is not.
    Hi all,

Well, they didn't call me, I hope they will tomorrow morning. Yes, the store is the same where I bought my PC, and I hope to god they are not expecting me to pay after I had to give them back the PC the next day I bought it!!!

I'll keep you informed guys

Ok guys, fresh news!!

I just had a walk to the store, not expecting to get the system back, just to know the status of the "research" that was beeing carried out on my PC. Surprisingly,they told me they already discovered, and solved, the problem. In the end, everything was just a problem of the BIOS not being configured to work with my RAM at 2000mhz, but to one of 1888mhz, so when the system was pushed to its limit (like Shogun 2 does), it would just collapse. After adjusting that little thing,they found no problem in gaming more than 5 battles, and even invited me to watch one battle to check formyself that it was actually working well.

I am very pleased with their work, they didn't screw me over and work really hard to find the problem by themselves. Too bad I couldn't pick it up yet, so still looking forward to play TWS2 on ultra.

I really encourage people that are having weird BSOD like me, to contact their manufacturer right now, take it to the store if possible, and make sure the BIOS knows what kind of RAM is working with. Lord Willy, I would advice you to do that.

So I guess that's all. Thank you all guys for your kind answers, and I hope I will not need to write here reporting other problems. Thanks and enjoy playing!
    Last edited by Arandir83; August 25, 2011 at 07:42 AM.

yeah, RAM is not always plug and play, sometimes you need to manually set the RAM timings into the BIOS to work, dumb memory.
    Visit my Youtube Channel

yeah, RAM is not always plug and play, sometimes you need to manually set the RAM timings into the BIOS to work, dumb memory.
    sometimes voltages need to be set as well. it's wierd my ram cant be set to the manufactuters recommended voltage so i have to overvolt it slightly or undervolt..i checked and overvolting it slightly is fine.

moreove its better to figure all this out yourself arandir by checking your mobo manual and also reading up on your pc's parts. e.g about your psu and its rails etc.

will mean less trips to the shop but i guess if its covered in a warranty then no real trouble, just a lot of these things you can figure out yourself although i do admit the ram being the problem is a uncommon one why only shogun2 caused it and other games is a bit odd to me but hey lets us know how you get on.

que te disfrutes!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast