Thread: Praise + projectile speeds

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default Praise + projectile speeds

Dear Developer,

Really enjoying this mod - I can see you've put tonnes of work in and it shows. I especially like the skins for the Macs. I've played RTR Gold alot so it takes some getting used to not seeing massive phalanx-formation clashes, as not all your Hellenic spear-wielders have this ability. On the other hand, it gives some needed variation and urgency to the combat.

I found the battle pace a bit fast though, so I've modded it to RTR Gold speeds.

Just one query about projectile (arrow, javelin) speeds - I found these definitely too fast in vanilla and as far as I can see, you're using the vanilla speeds. Darth in his Darth Mod has slowed these down a bit.
    Could you tell me how to do this in your mod as well?

Thanks, and keep up the great work :-))

Cheers! Germanicus91

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Praise + projectile speeds

Germanicus91: Could you give me the details on what you changed with the game speed? I might take a look at slowing down XGM battles even more. For projectiles you want descr_projectile.txt. *Edit* As a last minute change to 3.6.7 I reduced the speed of javelins and pilae myself.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; April 03, 2006 at 09:11 AM.

Hi DimeBag,

I can't tell you the original speeds from RTR Gold, as I've also modded their speeds. But I can tell you the speeds I use in RTR Gold and most of the various RTW mods I play. You may find these a bit slow for your taste though and want to opt for a middle of the road option.
    (BTW I can't see any mention of pilae/javelin speed in your 3.6.7. Readme changelog.)

Cheers! Germanicus91

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

climate default

grass_short 0.7
    grass_long 0.7
    sand 0.7
    rock 0.7
    forest_dense 0.6
    scrub_dense 0.7
    swamp 0.6
    mud 0.55
    mud_road 0.7
    stone_road 0.7
    water 0.55
    ice 0.55
    snow 0.55

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I just tried out some similar settings and it looked OK. I had the XGM rates at about 80% of vanilla before, and didn't reduce it futher because even at that level exhausted units look like they are moon-walking. Now that fatigue is switched off by default there is less need to worry about that.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; April 03, 2006 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Now that fatigue is switched off by default there is less need to worry about that.
    I'm playing your mod with "Fatigue:Yes" in the Preferences, not sure how that affects your mod but I've not noticed anything unusual about the speed and level of fatigue so far.

Playing the Terrae Expugnandae mod last evening I thought the units were way too hardy.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

What do you mean by too hardy?
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Hi Lusted,

This was something I planned to mention when I next gave some feedback. From what I've seen so far - and I should stress I've only a played a few battles - I felt the units don't get tired quickly enough.

Cheers! Germanicus91