Thread: [UNRESOLVED] FPS slowdown

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

Default [UNRESOLVED] FPS slowdown

I'm using latest AUM mod for DMUC and everything went ok until some seige (attack and defend) battles. If anybody knows what is the problem I'll grateful. Game options are all set to low.

Default Re: FPS slowdown

Sieges screw up the AI.

I think it goes like this: You break down a wall and the AI cycles moving its units and halting them over and over and over again.

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Savoyard View Post
    Sieges screw up the AI.

I think it goes like this: You break down a wall and the AI cycles moving its units and halting them over and over and over again.
    yep that's happening also. But I experienced serious FPS drop down while playing siege battles. When playing massive battles in the open field everything goes well. So I'm just wondering what is happening. Clean DMUC was ok, but with AUM it became quite annoying. Any suggestions?

PS. I have Duocore 2.8ghz, 4GB RAM and 1GB ATI 5770 GC.

Quote Originally Posted by dimnjacar View Post
    yep that's happening also. But I experienced serious FPS drop down while playing siege battles. When playing massive battles in the open field everything goes well. So I'm just wondering what is happening. Clean DMUC was ok, but with AUM it became quite annoying. Any suggestions?

PS. I have Duocore 2.8ghz, 4GB RAM and 1GB ATI 5770 GC.
    Yeah, same here. I think all the pathfinding caused by the move orders takes some processing power away from graphical rendering.

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

Playing one battle for one hour and taking a lunch break while you cavalry charges like a snail charges on salad is so demoralizing. I give up it's a dead end..

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I'm afraid siege battles always work like this in DarthMod. If you suffer it really badly, I suggest you download Santini (or anyone elses for that matter) no forts mod and install that, thereby removing fort battles. That said, the AI can still think it is in a fort sometimes, so while the FPS are better, the AI doesn't really work properly.