Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [UNRESOLVED] In need of help...

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default [UNRESOLVED] In need of help...

hi guys, i have been member of forum for some time and have learned that i should search for problem solution before i post a new thread. the thing is i have tried almost everything i could find bu to no avail... so, here it goes:

1) i experience crashes during the campaign battles (usually somwhere between 10-15 minute; this is actually he time when i'm finishing off my oponent). game simply freezes and good bye my game

2) i have been playing with lite enhanced smoke (as this was mentioned as possible culprit), i have also removed drum and fife and music submod (but crash happened again)-this i experienced AFTER i have verified Empire TW via Steam, and reinstalled Darth Mod UC...

3) i use default core as it is mentioned it doesn't change a thing, i use grenades for all units, i have also tried to reinstall script in advanced diagnostiscs but again to no avail...

so i "beg" you to help me? should i run the game as administrator, remove the smoke trails or do something else? this kind of bug never occured on prevous version (i have DMUC 6.7 i think and it works great; not installed but in my files so i tested it. clean 6.95 causes me problems), so please help me,

thnx
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 20, 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: In need of help...

We don't support past versions of DM or DMUC. I suggest you uninstall 6.7 and install 6.95.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    We don't support past versions of DM or DMUC. I suggest you uninstall 6.7 and install 6.95.
    no, you misunderstood me... version 6.7 worked, this is clean install of version 6.95 that causes the first post situation... i know you don't support it, i'm not a newbie, i know how things with mod go... so please, what should i do?

Forgive me, you never said that. I presume you have uninstalled all mods, installed DMUC 6.2 only and checked that works before trying anything else? In this situation its best to do things one step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    Forgive me, you never said that. I presume you have uninstalled all mods, installed DMUC 6.2 only and checked that works before trying anything else? In this situation its best to do things one step at a time.
    yes, done all of that...verified vanilla > checked it > installed 6.2 > checked it > installed 6.95 > checked ti again and got crash in battles...

as i said i'm familiar with modding issues (been modding M2TW) so i know that tis things need to be done slowly and precisely... i apologise for not making it clear which version caused the issue...

so, what should i do? play it as administrator or what? it could be somefaulty download or installation, in which case there is not much you could do for me. but if there is some setting in options i should/shouldn't use i would be ot grateful for any assictance...

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] In need of help...

Hi Oldbie , sorry couldn't resist - go through the steps as per Tango and if still the same please

can you save a game pre-battle, test it for the same results and load up your pre-battle save game, zip it and attach thanks
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Hi Oldbie , sorry couldn't resist - go through the steps as per Tango and if still the same please

can you save a game pre-battle, test it for the same results and load up your pre-battle save game, zip it and attach thanks
    1) i went thru all the steps, with the 7th yet to go... that is total reinstallationof etw and dmuc, this i will do shortly i hope...

2) i did/do have game save pre battle (caused me 2 consecutive crashes)... so i can upload it...just can you point me where it is? somwhere in commons/empire or somwhere else?

thnx dudes, i know this was done hundreds of times over and over and that you are probably full of it, i reall yappreciate your patience and good will

You'd be amazed at how many people have said they have done all this before, then realise that doing it again fixes the problem...what can I say, it happens.

I think your "step 7" is the only option left if you're tired of reinstalling. "Step 8" is the nuclear option and is best avoided.

Hi Minas Moth

no probs., let us know how you get on with the 7th, saves can be found here

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

lets hope it fixes it after all we are all here to enjoy the game so fingers crossed
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

well it seems you still find ass another "uneducated" poor fellow who knows nothing about modding... but this isn't the case as i said before... well i'm uploading my save but it's going to take some time since oit is nearly 15 mb file when in rar format.

in the meantime i'll try to completly reinstall everything, i even whiped out clean the empire folder in commons just to be sure... hopefully this will work, i will post my save here as edit, also can you please provide me some links to good sound mods (other then drumm and fife submod-which is problematic)?

EDIT:
    and here it is: my save game
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 20, 2011 at 01:10 PM.

well it seems you still find ass another "uneducated" poor fellow who knows nothing about modding... but this isn't the case as i said before...
    Both myself and Hammered are fully aware of that.

well, guys i have reinstalled everything completly, started my savegame (which i uploaded here) but no luck, crash in the next battle... so the only thing i can think of is that save game itself is somehow corrupted. so i'll try new campaign and see how that will work, hopefully everything will be fine...

Good luck. I have my fingers crossed.

is there any crash log for empire i can look at? i know that m2tw does have log and it makes it easier to find and eliminate all those pesky little bugs that are left after modding?

there are a load of crash logs in the main etw folder, but they don't help very much.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=476327

updated link from tech thread

Hi Minas Moth - just a question do you have a temperature monitoring programme?,

also when you load the DMUC what are the settings that you have opted for in Gameplay and Graphics

and just to make sure you have no other Mods installed?

Hi Minas Moth - just a question do you have a temperature monitoring programme?,

also when you load the DMUC what are the settings that you have opted for in Gameplay and Graphics

and just to make sure you have no other Mods installed?
    no i don't have that kind of programme, and no other mods installed either...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

GAMEPLAY:
    1) Darthmod Core
    2) Artillery 25% faster reload
    3) Grenades Off
    4) Fort Battles disabeled
    5) 2x slower research rate
    6) large + distant deployment zones
    7) warpath indian models off

GRAPHICS:
    1) Medium Enhanced smoke
    2) Enhanced smoke trails off
    3) Transparent hudd on
    4) Green movement arrows
    5) Battlefield borders on
    6) Campaign markers on
    7) Land battle weather on
    8) Font size Normal

on the side note; irishorn has suggested that problem could be resolution i use (1920 x 1280; i have a large monitor) altough if i use smaller setting then not optional display message appears... also, i have to say that i'm runing crysis 2 on that same resolution and that is suppossed to be most stressful game for graphic cards. i have no problem there...

Hi Minas Moth - http://www.evga.com/precision/ is the one I use to monitor temps, when you start to play battles in ETW you can see the temp., rise - I also invested in a cooler

There are a few around many like the above are free, might be worth checking temps when you start, then when you play battle 1, battle 2, the battle 3 etc., until you CTD

Hi Minas Moth - http://www.evga.com/precision/ is the one I use to monitor temps, when you start to play battles in ETW you can see the temp., rise - I also invested in a cooler

There are a few around many like the above are free, might be worth checking temps when you start, then when you play battle 1, battle 2, the battle 3 etc., until you CTD
    ok, thnx, will try it out... i don't get any ctds in cudtom battles, only in campaign ones... i played full scale custom battles, while in campaign i used to get ctd when fighting battles with 5 of my units against enemies 4-6 units...

ah the quirks of ETW don't we all just live them

also just check when you are entering a Campaign battle, (try a screenshot) to understand what units are on each side, if there is an ongoing consistent failure with one unit then let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast