Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [REL] Trom3 Unit Variety project

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Default [REL] Trom3 Unit Variety project

Your unit detail setting must be on ultra for this mod to work properly!

V 3.05 Trom3 Edition
    -Added all custom/DLC units
    -Added Trom3 AOR units
    -Added Trom3 custom unitcards to work with Unit Variety
    -More variation between early/late Ashigaru to better reflect the progressive Ashigaru system in Trom3.

Ingame screens

Early/Late Ashigaru

Installation
    Extract the .rar to your data folder (usualy C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data).

There is no need to edit your user.script.

Download

Alt Download

Recomended 3rd Party mods

Alternative Clan Colours Mod for TROM3

Original Alternative Clan Colours Mod

Notes
    This Version is for use with Trom3 v1.0 only for Unit Variety compatible with other mods go HERE
    This version need extensive playtesting for the AOR units since there was ALOT of material to add from it i might have missed a thing or two.
    The ACC version used in the screens is the Trom3 adapted version based on ACC v.45e.

Future plans
    -Further tweaking of the Ashigaru variants making the early Ashigaru look even more scrappy.
    -Making a new more heavily armored variant for the Date Bulletproof Samurai.
    -Making sure everything works as intended
    -Adding mercenarie units to UV since i had missed them in this version.

Credits
    The Hedge Knight For making the original Unit Variety mod and for his great support towards the community in general.
    Yarkis de Bodemloze For his continued creativity in his development of Trom3 wich was the main reason i was inspired to aid Hedge in creating this version.
    Demokritos For creating the brilliant ACC mod that makes Unit Variety look even better.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; August 22, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: [REL] Trom3 Unit Variety project

Hurrah .

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Nice! I suggest that people test this mod and if no there are no issues I make it a sticky.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Judging by those screenies, this mod combo does look pretty good, doesn't it? Good work!
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Judging by those screenies, this mod combo does look pretty good, doesn't it? Good work!
    Yeah they look awesome together.
    I have never used UV without it.

Superb work !!!!

I want to use this mod , but i dont know why i cant put graphics on ultra!! i have A ASUS LAPTOP with geforce gt550m with 2 gig ram and intel core i7-2630qm cpu!! In game option it shows my intel primary graphic card that has only 550 ram !!!!

Can u help me please ???? i wanna use this mod

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Nice release you jammy little so and so...well done

Quote Originally Posted by Mimox View Post
    Superb work !!!!

I want to use this mod , but i dont know why i cant put graphics on ultra!! i have A ASUS LAPTOP with geforce gt550m with 2 gig ram and intel core i7-2630qm cpu!! In game option it shows my intel primary graphic card that has only 550 ram !!!!

Can u help me please ???? i wanna use this mod
    I havent got a clue as to why it wouldnt show but if you have an intergrated graphics card in your laptop isnt there some way you can disable/uninstall drivers or whatever for it so that the Pc only makes use of your other card?
    Laptops isnt my area so i would recommend you search around for it.

On another note i noticed today that i have given the monk hero unitcard to those tier 2 monks cant remember their names will fix that in the next update.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; August 20, 2011 at 11:20 AM.

Made som changes today to the Date Bulletproof Samurai to make them look well bulletproof.
    Its a work in progress but you get the idea.
    Also i wouldnt mind some feedback on how the current version is running since i dont have much time to play the campaign and try out all features for myself.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; August 21, 2011 at 02:12 PM.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Comments on the bulletproof, well the kabuto and the maedate variations are very good, as for the other parts...............well.

First off the bulletproof unit concept, as far as I can see, was based on this unit.

Rely on the Date to field something pompous. Anyway, Trumbull mentioned that this guys have standardized Sendai armor, sendai armor being aka bulletproof. Classified under Tosei do armor or "modern" ones.

That screenshot is showing...........Kozane armor or armor that was before the teppo was introduced, even the bulging sode shoulder guards are reminiscent of the Do-Maru centuries ago. The armor btw is called Hon iyozane dou.

Yes its a minor gripe almost on par with complaining on buttons on Napoleonic armor, but I just cant help myself.

Btw the Sendai armor is shown in-game, just look at the breast armor of the model of Date Masamune, or anything that has smooth features or hotoke dou is a good candidate.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

I will take these remarks into consideration when i continue development.
    I did think about giving them the Sendai armor at first since a curved chestplate has better deflection capabilities then a flat solid one but i then let the visual aspect of making them look as "heavy" as possible drive me to using the one in the picture.
    After seeing that model in the picture you showed im going to base them entirely on that since it looks just like i had imagined them to begin with.
    Right now im occupied with playin trough Deus Ex though
    Last edited by Mr Kami; August 29, 2011 at 08:53 AM.

If your still in the mood for suggestions.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Armor can be classified into 2 categories.

Kozane armor are the archaic ones, they mostly have the appearance of lacing and lamellar and little iron plates. Units that should be wearing this are either samurai who wield archaic weapons, like the Naginata, and the Yumi.

Tosei armor are the modern after-teppo-introduction ones, they range from the smooth ones to those with combinations of lamellar on the bottom and some other type, as long as there is no or sparse lacing. Units that should have this are either wield that wield Katana, Yari and teppo.

Now its not really historically happening, I can easily imagine a guy in Kozane and wielding a teppo but with this configuration mentioned above, it'll distinguish units much more easily.

Extra variation is good but when comparing with a Yari samurai with its full blown maedates all over the helmets and another naginata samurai having similar, it'll end up just the same. Between individuals there is variation but in between units, samurai end up looking all the same, a hodge podge of silver and gold maedates, archaic mixing with modern, modern breast plate with archaic shoulder guards. And the odd ashigaru wearing a modern "tub" armor

With this configuration of distinguishing archaic and "modern" you can easily made up who your units are. Lacing all over the place on Naginata, smooth and some other thing for the Yari.

Helmets are another If it has a whole at the top with lacing, its archaic, if has none and the lacing space is far in between its "modern".

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

I have been thinking about that making Samurai types less individualy variated but more generaly variated to better separate the different types of Samurai from eachother.
    I do know that you have alot of historical know how tucked away in that head of yours so if you want you are more then welcome to aid me in the development.
    I promise i'l even give Date a bit of extra attention if you do
    Send me a PM and we could further discuss som ideas if you are interested.

Oh and thanks Yarkis for making this a sticky!
    Last edited by Mr Kami; August 29, 2011 at 02:12 PM.

Artifex

Gosh getting a bit independant now kami!

Anyway get editing atlas' now . There are some nice avatar helmets that could be used for the date nagae yari ashigaru.

I also demand that instead of reducing variety within each unit you simply use the avatar parts to give different combinations.

Anyway i shall stop being unreasonable now and tell you to do whatever you want and ignore me .

If you guys somehow tapped the endless armor variations and goddam tall kawaru (grotesque) kabuto that is used all over the MP like Kato Kiyomasa's freakishly tall kabuto. It would be awesome!

Artifex

Its 100% possible, if anyone can be bothered to do it is more the issue.

+1 to deus x. any armour change + differentation would be awesome!

edit (solved my aor unit issue).
    Last edited by Totalheadache; September 04, 2011 at 06:03 AM.

Havent had much time to do any updates of late on this due to having put priority towards work and a couple of RTW MTW2 projects but will do so in a near future.

I would like to share a compatibility update for BullGod's Unit Icons for use with Unit variety (TROM compatible).

I think it suits TROM very well.

all creds go to BullGod and thanks to Kurisu Paifuaa for the effort...

The link is:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post10292190

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast