Thread: Winners of MAARC XXIX

Default Winners of MAARC XXIX

Winners of MAARC XXIX

In a vote so close, we had to do it twice (seriously, the top three finishers were separated by a single vote), we finally have our placements for MAARC XXIX. This was a tough competition that saw new AARs go toe-to-toe against some of the long-running stalwarts here on the forum. In the end, we had the Bosporan Greeks topping the French who both just edged out the Romans.

In First Place, we have A Light In The Darkness: Tales of the Bosporan Kings by Ganbarenippon. In his first outing into the realms of AARtistry, Ganbarenippon ventured into the world of the little known Cimmerian Bosporan Greeks. The author really brings to life this obscure kingdom and its struggle to find its place in the ever changing world. If you haven't had a chance to check out this work, then you are really missing out.

You can find an excellent review of this AAR in the Critic's Quill here.

In Second Place, we have the long-running and highly successful An Eastern Jewel in a Western World!!! Chronicles of a French Miserable by la coupe est pleine. In contrast to his rivals, la coupe has been continually updating this work for over a year now. The AAR follows the trials and torments of the French noble Phillipe Capet and his travels and battles throughout Europe. The story telling is rich, the drama is palpable, and there is more than a little bit of humor thrown in to keep the reader occupied. It is quite a powerful work for this first-time AARtist and well deserving of this placement and its previous honors.

You can find an early review of this AAR in the Critic's Quill here.

Taking Third Place, we have Kingdom of Ionia - A Roman reinterpretation of the Crusades by chaplain118. In this tale, we follow the Romans as they battle the decadent Greek kingdoms. The writing is wonderful, the story is gritty (and often quite dark), and the end result is always entertaining. I would expect more big things from this AAR in the future.

You can find a new review of this AAR in the Critic's Quill here.

I was happy to see that the Total War Era AARs still have quite a following here on the forums despite their lack of (comparatively) shiny graphics you can find in the Empire/Napoleon/Shogun2 versions. Just shows that good writing is still the most important thing and the authors listed above certainly bring that.

Great job to our top three and a good showing by all the competitors in MAARC XXIX. It looks like MAARC XXX is off to a good start and I look forward to reading even more fine works in the months to come.
    Read the review of I am Skantarios! in the Critic's Quill here.

Default Re: Winners of MAARC XXIX

First of all, thanks Skantarios for achieving another MAARC, and presenting the result.
    It is great to be amongst the top three.

And I have to congratulate strongly ganbarenippon, for his truly good story. I thought he deserved that victory.
    More particularly, it shows well that "recent" AARs like ganbarenippon's one can win the MAARC. It is a good thing, and I hope it could encourage new writers to try their chance.

To finish, I am pleased to see that the MAARC is still lively with a lot of talented writers.
    Long live to this nice and friendly competition.
    Long live to the readers and writers.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Congratulations to all three winners. The quality of stories each months is going from strength to strength which is great to see. +rep
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Congrats to the winners

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

good job guys. good to still see a strong following and participation.