Thread: Kingdom of Massylia preview

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Default Kingdom of Massylia preview

Hi all.

After much discusion between our team earlyier in development, we finally decided to include this faction, even at one point we scrapped the faction Numidia but after a lot of talking and decision making, we chose to inlude this great faction.

A few reasons for this, a while after our start date, Numidia do become a strong faction even challenging Roma under the rule King Juba. Also having a faction right next to Carthage, makes the campaign for Carting a threat in Africa. We also feel that their kind of warfare was unique to the meditrainean and it would be a shame without creating a realistic portrayal of this.

Here is their starting position (sorry you cant see very well, in release shall be a more brighter blue)

Massylia unit rooster shall mostly compromise of light missile infantry and cavalry. With one or two well armoured elites and later in campaign can recruit a roman legionaire variant.

We have a few units to show now and we shall update soon with a few more pics

Archers

Massylian Spearmen

Massylian General

Massylian Heavy Skirmisher

Libyan Lancer Cavalry

Numidian Cavalry

Numidian Skirmishers

Numidian Slingers

We hope you like these pics. We shall update in a few days. With more regional units and such. We shall also be releasing a preview soon on our new building systems

Once again i would like to thank
    Milner-team skinner
    Algaman-team skinner and modeller
    Dark_horse_spirit-animations

For all their help on this faction. A lot of work went into this for instance if you look at the pics, the units have really hands with all complete fingers instead of a plank. All the best, please comment on what all you think
    Last edited by jmilan77; August 18, 2011 at 04:26 AM.
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Default Re: Kingdom of Massylia preview

What's up with the swordsmen and spearmen anims? shield in the face?
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Um, I was just checking that myself, I think it's the angle the screen is at because it isn't like that normally also there are to be a a few tweaks yet with the sword anims
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Then sword Anims are perfect, when the enemy hurls javelins or shoots bows, the anims up are very realistic, try the game before you complain, after you have played battle leave me a line on my thread and let me know what you think.
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_horse_spirit View Post
    Then sword Anims are perfect, when the enemy hurls javelins or shoots bows, the anims up are very realistic, try the game before you complain, after you have played battle leave me a line on my thread and let me know what you think.
    I thinks it was just a moment, or so it seems. Devs saying there's no problem, so... no problem at all!
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

debux's Avatar Senator

Jesus, I can't believe almost no one has posted here... I just can't wait for further previews!

Sorry for the necroing, but it's plain ridiculous that no one else has said something about this faction... will there be a possibility of recruiting some of the units as AoR? (like when Carthage marches straight into their lands and takes over Numidia )
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )