Thread: Meh, just another problem...

Default Meh, just another problem...

So, I've already made one feel-sorry-for-myself topic here but now I've got another problem

My school ended yesterday, and my friends were going to a party. The party was at this girl's house, she is the girlfriend of one of my friends and I'm a friend of hers aswell. Now, everyone of my friends was invited, but not me, so I just went home instead of tagging along like an idiot. So, I come back home and I think to myself "are these guys my friends or am I just a tag-along to them?" Anyone ever felt like this? Or any advice?

Thanks, SP.

Default Re: Meh, just another problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus-Popat
    Anyone ever felt like this
    Yes, all the time. I've only been to two parties where I wasn't just a tag along... unfortunately I don't have any advice.

I just stopped going to parties.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

So, I've already made one feel-sorry-for-myself topic here but now I've got another problem

My school ended yesterday, and my friends were going to a party. The party was at this girl's house, she is the girlfriend of one of my friends and I'm a friend of hers aswell. Now, everyone of my friends was invited, but not me, so I just went home instead of tagging along like an idiot. So, I come back home and I think to myself "are these guys my friends or am I just a tag-along to them?" Anyone ever felt like this? Or any advice?

Thanks, SP.
    You need to go more on to the point. You suppose to ask them. like this: "hey you guys! , No invitation for me?" Just do it in a humorous way, try not to look desparate. If they say "no" (which i wouldn't think) then you should reply " then i guess I'm no friend here?" I mainly suspect that they weren't sure if you would want to come, but always try to be to-the-point. Try not to just tag along with no opinion and words, make yourself heard. If they truly don't care about you, I hate to say it but it's time to find new friends. It's not worth to hang around people who don't appriciate your presence. you are no worse/better than any of them, even though they make it seem like that way.
    Talk to them, I assume there is a "pack leader" in that group.

Justinian : Thanks, at least I know I'm not the only one out there
    Archer : Again, thanks, but thats not my strong point. I can talk to them, joke around, be the "funny one", but I don't really like serious conversations around my part in a group of people. I dunno what I'm talking about, I hope one of you does...

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Yeah, I agree with Archer really :

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    You suppose to ask them. like this: "hey you guys! , No invitation for me?" Just do it in a humorous way, try not to look desparate.
    Unless they are complete arses, in which case it's probably time to start looking for other friends, I'm sure that in all but the most exceptional of cases they'd invite you in response to that.

Archer : Again, thanks, but thats not my strong point. I can talk to them, joke around, be the "funny one", but I don't really like serious conversations around my part in a group of people. I dunno what I'm talking about, I hope one of you does...
    So you have a hard time starting or participating in serious conversations? I think I know what you mean. But that doesn't matter really, I think they should have asked you in the first place. I say just ignore it this time, and if it happens again, just find new friends.

Meh, have fun at the party anyway.

Or you could be an ass and throw a party and invite everybody but the people who haven't invited you...
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by The Bavarian Noble
    Yeah, I agree with Archer really :

Unless they are complete arses, in which case it's probably time to start looking for other friends, I'm sure that in all but the most exceptional of cases they'd invite you in response to that.
    Or you could come anyway......that's what I do some times

Just make sure to bring some beer..........er.....or Coke, in your situation. :laughing: Just act like there's nothing wrong, and that you WERE invited. And don't forget to video tape the part where they throw you out on your ass on the sidewalk :laughing:

Just kidding about that throwing-out part

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

Oh em eff gee it's me!

Just test it and do what Archer says if its the party that's worrying you, but it seems that it's not really that. I'm sure that your group isn't so homogenous (bad word) that there aren't others in similar situations, or some that you get along with more than others...?
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Spartacus, you need to let them know that you're interested in going along to parties. I didn't do this with my friends and so far I've only ever been invited to small ones of about 5-6 people. I'm sure they don't mean anything against you.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

Get drunk first and turn up with a stunning hooker....then you have a reputation that'll help with the next invite.

"lets invite Spartie, he's a party animal!!!"

Seriously though, what is there about you that would make people want you to come or even think about you when parties are being organised? If there is nothing, then create something. Market yourself.
    Last edited by Marshal Qin; April 03, 2006 at 08:00 PM.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)